The First Heretic

Gaz1858

How did "merely human" Malacador survive a blow from an honest to goodness 10ft+ tall Primarch.....?

First, Malcador isn't a mere human, he's the second most powerful psyker known, so he's a bit beyond being a simple ordinary person, more like Commissar Yarrick or one of the other heroic characters. Lorgar makes several insults that don't seem to be based on real facts (Malcador as just a human and Custodes as genetic rejects are the two big ones)

Second, a normal human could probably survive the blow two. Lorgar wasn't trying to make a real killing blow, he just backhanded Malcador. A backhanded punch (often called a 'pimp slap') is not something you use in a serious fight, it's what you do to cow and slightly injure someone weaker than you. Note that Lorgar didn't just backhand Guilliman, since Guilliman was clearly his equal.

I am well aware of how powerful a psyker Malcador is but, presumably, his body and frame are that of a human like you or I. Even a 'pimp slap' from someone like Lorgar would be fatal I would imagine. As a primarch it's fair to guess he's 10ft+. On another thread on the subject of primarch height there was speculation some of them were 15ft+. Now, something that size, in armour, pimp slapping a regular human in the head hard enough to send them flying through the air would would have more than enough force to kill.

Look at Russ on the cover of Prospero Burns, he's barely taller than the Sisters of Silence.

Which is a bit ridiculous. Fine I'll spin it another way. Fulgrim was able to strangle an Avatar to death. A being of metal and fire basically. Lorgar would have a similar level of power. So even if he was only 7ft tall he'd still have more than enough power to kill even with what would be casual blows for him.

How did "merely human" Malacador survive a blow from an honest to goodness 10ft+ tall Primarch.....?

First, Malcador isn't a mere human, he's the second most powerful psyker known, so he's a bit beyond being a simple ordinary person, more like Commissar Yarrick or one of the other heroic characters. Lorgar makes several insults that don't seem to be based on real facts (Malcador as just a human and Custodes as genetic rejects are the two big ones)

Second, a normal human could probably survive the blow two. Lorgar wasn't trying to make a real killing blow, he just backhanded Malcador. A backhanded punch (often called a 'pimp slap') is not something you use in a serious fight, it's what you do to cow and slightly injure someone weaker than you. Note that Lorgar didn't just backhand Guilliman, since Guilliman was clearly his equal.

I am well aware of how powerful a psyker Malcador is but, presumably, his body and frame are that of a human like you or I. Even a 'pimp slap' from someone like Lorgar would be fatal I would imagine. As a primarch it's fair to guess he's 10ft+. On another thread on the subject of primarch height there was speculation some of them were 15ft+. Now, something that size, in armour, pimp slapping a regular human in the head hard enough to send them flying through the air would would have more than enough force to kill.

Look at Russ on the cover of Prospero Burns, he's barely taller than the Sisters of Silence.

Which is a bit ridiculous. Fine I'll spin it another way. Fulgrim was able to strangle an Avatar to death. A being of metal and fire basically. Lorgar would have a similar level of power. So even if he was only 7ft tall he'd still have more than enough power to kill even with what would be casual blows for him.

Actually it really more depends on who is writing the Primarchs at the moment.

There was an old story in the IA Black Legion where Horus had to save the Emperor from an ork warlord choking the life out of him. Later depictions of the Emperor would have him be so powerful tot the point where he could probably destroy entire ork WAAAGGHS by himself.

But wasn't Fulgrim possessed at that point?

Nope, Fulgrim wasn't possessed till his battle with ferrus manus.

Fulgrim was slowly being possessed since the Laer campaign its just that after the fight with Ferrus the daemon takes full control over his body in essence seasing to be Fulgrim the primarch.

I just assumed Primarches were in control of their own bodies perfectly, as is described with the space marines. As in, even in his rage, Lorgar only hit Malcodor with enough force to send him flying but not enough to kill him.

I mean, not to mention the innumerable augmentations he must have, and the rumored immortality, I don't see the problem with malcodor being backhanded by lorgar and surviving.

Actually it really more depends on who is writing the Primarchs at the moment.

There was an old story in the IA Black Legion where Horus had to save the Emperor from an ork warlord choking the life out of him. Later depictions of the Emperor would have him be so powerful tot the point where he could probably destroy entire ork WAAAGGHS by himself.

Or, He allowed his 'favoured son' to save Him as part of the work of art that was the heresy. If Horus ever believed He was unstoppable, would he have ever rebelled?

Archived