The First Heretic

Gaz1858

Managed to get a signed copy of ADB's The First Heretic and it was awesome!!! Congrats ADB on one of the best HH novels IMO.

Wont put any spoilers or anything in as im aware lots of you wont have it yet as its not officially released but if you like HH or ADB get this book.

Has anyone else read it and what did they think? Ive got a couple of Qs but will wait till more people have read it.

Now to listen to Garro:Oath of Moment, cant wait!!

i am halfway through the book

and i loving it so far..

i am sure the second part is just as good as the first part or even better..

i can assure you its worth the money..

atin

I just started reading my copy. Really enjoy First Heretic so far ;)

Now to listen to Garro:Oath of Moment, cant wait!!

I listen to this the day after Games Day. It really good, Garro brillaint in this in my view. A ghost, a legion of one, a knight errant ;)

IP

I have just finished reading the first heretic.

and it is great, but in my opinion not soul hunter great, but never the less a good read.

one of the more better written horus heresy books.

its just what i expected from logar, his reactions and his way of solving things.

the other characters are just like logar extremly well written..

but for those how have read the book..

if have some questions..

when Argel tal witnessed the infant primarchs landing on there new home planets,

did you know which one he witnessed?

correct me if i am wrong..

first one is lion el jonsen..

second: ??

3: ?

4: konrad curze.

5: ??

6: Mortarion

7:magnus the red.

8:fulgrim.

9: logar

i just wonderd can you fill the gaps???

cheers atin..

Glad you liked it, dude.

The Lion - in the forests of Caliban; Fulgrim on the plains of Chemos; Perturabo, among the mountain fortresses of Olympia; Curze, during the eternal night of Nostramo (and the only primarch-child to instinctively reach for a weapon when he saw civilisation); Angron, his face awash in blood and screaming in pain even as an infant; Mortarion, in the pollution-thick wilds of Barbarus; Magnus the Red, in Tizca; Horus, on the worthless world of Cthonia; Lorgar landing by the river near the City of Grey Flowers on Colchis (a vague Moses analogy...); and Alpharius, in some nebulous unseeable mystery place.

Basically, the Traitor Primarchs - in Legion order - and the Lion as well, perhaps reflecting the lore that he may or may not have been wavering in his loyalties, at least in the eyes of the Chaos Gods.

wow its A D-B :o

that is just awesome

you just convinced me to read the chapter again..

and you know what you are right.. ;)

and one thing.. keep up the good writing :)

Finished it last night, absolutely tremendous - plus some of the best missing legion hints ever... :pirate:

@ A D-B - I finished Helsreach a few weeks back and that book forced me into collecting Templars, I want you to know I hold you entirely responsible...

Thanks for confirming my hunch(the order and who the Primarchs were) :) Also one minor quibble, you mention vindicators(if i remember rightly) and well they weren't invented until the Scouring(unless this is being changed). Im not trying to be an ass just having a laugh :lol: Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Finished it last night, absolutely tremendous - plus some of the best missing legion hints ever... :)

@ A D-B - I finished Helsreach a few weeks back and that book forced me into collecting Templars, I want you to know I hold you entirely responsible...

I'm there with you, pal; read the excerpt from FH, and started Word Bearers.

Thanks for confirming my hunch(the order and who the Primarchs were) :lol: Also one minor quibble, you mention vindicators(if i remember rightly) and well they weren't invented until the Scouring(unless this is being changed). Im not trying to be an ass just having a laugh :P Thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Vindicator was invented during the Heresy.

So it was, however this Novel is pre-hersy with the end taking place during the early stages. Either way this was a joke :HQ: The vindicator mention had no impact at all on the awesomeness of the story.

The story was excellent and enlightening.

It also revealed that the Emperor is a hypocrite in certain matters.

Got it on Saturday, read it even while DMing a Deathwatch game where I threw them against Word Bearers. I blame you for their look ADB. I have never been so excited to read a traitor legion book and the whole thing made me smile

I love the Night Lords mention and your wonderful plug of 10th Company with Malcharion along with how Curze works. I loved that.

reason for edit: fixed spoiler tag. Did it wrong the first time.

I brought it on Saturday after weeks of trying to find out the release date (as it seemed to keep on changing) and I've almost finished and was almost late for work this morning as I couldn't put it down! Got a couple of chapters left to finish off tonight but I'm looking forwards to it

It's a very good book and I love how Lorgar is portrayed as a powerful demigod but also very weak at the same time due to his yearning to worship something.

I also found it very interesting how it's suggested that the Emperor had help off the Chaos Gods in the creation of the Primarchs, although this could be the lies of a Daemon rather than anything truthful.

ADB should be very proud of this book, as I imagine that it was a bit daunting having to write about the circumstances about how the Heresy begun!

Also if ADB is reading this.... Finsh your reasons why you hate star trek on your blog!!! :P

I finished it a little while ago, I kept reading it and, much to my fiancées annoyance, kept going :( "

THE EMPEROR WANTED TO BE A GOD ALL ALONG!! HE'S NOT EVEN AS HUMAN AS I THOUGHT HE WAS!

"

Mr Dembski-Bowden, I am your fan.

Archived