How to get conversion points

Tanhausen

Yeah, your advice regarding the hood worked great. I had to cut out the acute angle in the isosceles, because the terminator armour wouldn't allow for a fold into the back of the neck... but worked perfect :)

As for the "Scibor" detail... I'm thinking about the following:

1.- Do a milliput press mould for the design. Cure (thats 2 h aprox)

2.- Press GS and get and "original" shin-guard that I simply glue onto the terminator model. How long does GW GS take to cure 100%?

3.- Make a 2 piece Silicone mould, so I can resin cast only the shin guard!! Its a small piece, very flat on the inside, so it should be no problem! This is easy peasy, done it for a million things, including bases and involed components.

WIP is nightmare when it doesn't work... but its SO addictive when it does work :P

Thanks A LOT for the support and comments guys! I'll keep you posted :)

Lol - Milliput will cure much faster in an oven you know...

Bake it at around 50 C and it will dry real fast

Green stuff - similalry, will cure pronto as well under a heat lamp, or in a low temperature of an oven. I would recommend letting it harden a ;ittle so it doesn't get deformed too much, then curing by wrapping around the pad of a terminator to get the curvature right to cure a bit more (with some basic contact glue like white glue should be adequate for) should be enough...) and then placing the terminator in the plastiscene of the 2-part RTV mould. Once the GS is in the plastiscene you can pour the RTV, remove from the plastiscene and pour the other half of the mould. Of course - the beauty of the millput mouls is you can use this without the need for RTV, using the flexibility of GS to your advatage

I don't know what plastiscene is ... but it sounds way too similar to obscene... is there something you're trying to get across Hemal? xDDDD

As said, the idea is getting a three or four milliput originals, which I can press "flat" the GS on. Then take away the GS (a bit cured, like you say) and wrap it around a termi leg to give it the shape... take it away and let it cure 100%. Then make the silicone mold.

I see the "beauty" of the milliput press mold, but that means using GS for every terminator... and I don't feel comfortable using that stuff, I'm way much more used to resin.

Note: I know you meant plastiline (or however its spelled :D) and yes, obviously, its a basic part of silicone molding.

About the oven... I'm not time-sensitive right now and an oven is 1800W... did you know in Spain we have had so far +11% in our light bill? 2h for milliput is fine... and I'm just curious about GS... would you say another 2h is enough? Then each side of RTV is 8h aprox.

Yeah, it did work nicely.

However, the shinguards turn out too big (by 1 mm). So its too big to fit but too small to say "I did it in purpose".

So I did some more milliput press molds, hopefully they will be dry tonight and I can attempt something :huh:

Also, I noticed (actually, my significant other did... in a very direct way :P And I always take her advice as an important factor) that if I only do 1 leg (the one that has no details such as the skull with parchment or the long crux terminatus) then 1 will look bulky and the other not... so I'm in the process of making 2 sizes of shinguards.

ASAP I will post pics :eek

Patience Hemal, patience :lol: Pics tonight, I promise!

What I will do, I'll alternate 1 size which fits "perfectly" and one over the top (specially in the knee guard).

This will turn out either bada$$ or $hit xD

I might accused of poor execution.

I might be accused of poor hability.

But hundreds of my few neurons have been sacrificed in the altar of Conversión (no, no Tzeench :lol:).

Its the nasty thing about working 12 hours away from home... its takes forever to have time for IMPORTANT stuff ^_^

For Hemal and all those thousands of fans I know that follow this thread...

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv140/T3mp4n0/IMG00053-20101026-2201.jpg

As said, the idea is 1 small and 1 big shinguard... but now my critic-at-home says maybe better 2 big ones!

These are just to test the size, I plan on doing 3 versions of each or if I end up doing only big ones... maybe 4.

Edit: I didn't like the pic, it looks warped... here's a better one :yes:

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv140/T3mp4n0/IMG00054-20101026-2212.jpg

What do you think? Worth it?

Edit: I add a couple more pics to get proportion idea:

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv140/T3mp4n0/IMG00056-20101026-2302.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv140/T3mp4n0/IMG00055-20101026-2301.jpg

Nice - I think if you do those shin guards you will have to shave back the armour a bit more so it doesn't stick out so much, but it remins me very much of the old Grey JKnights armour - very baroque looking etc.

maybe restricting big pads like that to senior DW members (sarges and characters) might be a way of making it a bit more impactful? Otherwise - I think perhaps you should cut a gap for DW with kneecaps, but it looks good, I like teh sword detail.

Actually, I think the pads are too thick (maybe that is what you mean by shaving?). But the idea is being barroque (spelling?). If possible tonight I'll try a thinner GS and not just filling EVERYTHING ;)

About the shin sizes... do you guys think 1 small and 1 big looks odd?

I like the idea of seniority... but maybe going by the actual design than size.

Thanks for the input!

So... I have a GRAND proposal!

If any Brother wants to help devolping my army... they will get a named character in my roster! (Don't know if that's good or bad haha).

I need a post with:

Name:

Weapon: (Options: Sarge with PW/SB, PW w/ HF or CML and SB, CF and SB, Claws, TH/SS. I also carry 2 shooty dreads).

History: With a mere 5 lines is enough and they will be added to the army story (with my roster, I present an army story, which adds up to conversion points)

Detail: since all the bases are "warning stripe" in the rim, I can't write the name... but I can add some simple GS detail or some element to the base (a nid head, an Ork weapon or similar).

I have Belial, 4 Sarges, and 4 squads (2 HF and 2 CML) along with the 2 dreads.

So... for the greater good... erm, I mean, to help a Brother and go into history...

SUBMIT NOW, FOR TOMORROW YOU DIE!

Edit: Characters so far...

COMPLETE

Squad 1 - Storm Bolter and Power Fist of Caliban (I am above a mere bolter and chainsword :P)

- Sarge Gabus - eldar helmet on the base

- CML - Hamaliel - auspex and advanced targeting system

- CF - Lemaniel - tank tracks

- Claws - Rahab - genestealer marks

- TH/SS - Alastor - skull/helmet of khorne

COMPLETE

Squad 2 - Eagle of Vengeance

- Sarge - Rolund - Ork jaw

- CML - Azureal - Scorched CML

- CF - Jermial - Ork head

- Claws - Palintrax - Unsactioned psyker broken staff

- TH/SS - Raziel - necron head

COMPLETE

Squad 3 - Fury of the Emperor <- This squad will be attached to Belial

- Sarge - Anguis - Detail in the hood rim

- HF - Nakir - Nid body

- CF - Lancealus - bloody skull on the base

- Claws - Azazel - a stone dagger

- TH/SS - Munkir - Nid head

Squad 4 - Wave of retribution

- Sarge - Duglas - New TDA

- HF - Mahaebri - Fire warrior head

- CF (no name)

- Claws - Sahial - Rainbow claws xD

- TH/SS - Pontifex - bullet marking on shield

Dreadnought with missile launcher and lascannon - Zuriel - Ork Boss pole

Dreadnought with missile launcher and lascannon - Asfadel - none yet

As soon as I have the conversions made, I'll post a pic next to each character :)

Name: Hamaliel (Angel of Logic...)

Weapon: CML and SB)

History: Hamliel is a Battle Brother famed for his merciless demeanour as much as for his application of accurate firepower using his favoured Cyclone weapon. Hamaliel is the very epitome of a son of the Lion; he is coldly calculating, able to distance himself from the furor of battle to find the perfect moment to unleash his missiles upon the enemy for acceptable collateral losses.

A veteran who has served with distinction in the Deathwing since the scouring of the "Pavane of Pleasure" (769.M41), Hamaliel is recognised as an expert at using his bulky weapons system even in the confines of a Hive or a Space Hulk. He is regarded as a reliable if somewhat distant member of Belial's strike force, a fact that has hampered his elevation further into the Inner Circle.

Detail: An asupex and advanced targetting system

Edited as some of it didn't make sense!!

This is just a personal love, but I've always been inspired by Deathwing with flowing scrolls, banners, and all sorts of heraldry and personal signs. They should be decorated, but not appear overly colorful and such... I'm just babbling here.

like i loev the assault cannon... so i went ahead and modelled my fave termie stroking the assault cannon (i know its weird but i love that gun so much...) other things like dynamic poses are pretty kool, you could GS robes (if you have any luck/skill with GS - i tried for my belial model and failed) i think that if you well i guess kitbashing helps, but if it doesnt count it doesnt help really <_<

i would love to see a termie stroking an assault cannon

Name: Alastor (Avenger of evil deeds)

Weapon: TH/SS

History: Alastor is a quiet character who believes that deeds speak louder than words, in the midst of battle he becomes an unstoppable torrent of death unto his enemies. Alastor used to be in the 5th company 2nd squad, whilst part of a task force scouring cultists from a Hive world a group of Bloodletters led by a herald of Khorne ripped though the warp and assaulted the command squad, Alastor seeing this broke from his squad against direct orders from his Sgt to aid his Captain, by the time he reached the command squad half the squad had been cut down suffering grievous to fatal wounds, the Herald standing over the downed body of the Captain preparing to perform a coup de gras when Alastor slammed into the Daemon knocking it to the ground, Alastor picked up the Captain's Thunder Hammer and smote the Daemon from physical existance, the Captain thankful to Alastor promoted him Sgt of his squad (his previous Sgt having perished in the conflict), Alastor has stuck with a Thunder Hammer believing them to be the ultimate instrument with which to pass divine judgement, and after years of unflinching dedicated service he has been inducted into the deathwing.

Detail: Alastor has kept the skull from the Herald and always has it close by even in battle as a reminder that even the material forms of nightmares should not be feared as his faith will overcome all.

Hope thats ok, not sure on exact rulings for DA.

****************************************************************************************

edit - Took into account Hemal's advice

Normally it is not a Captain's discretion solely on who gets promoted and who does not, and single acts of valour are not normally par for the course for getting promoted to the elite Imperial Terminator formation. I'd make him the Sarge of teh squad, and have him being induced to teh Deathwing, not assigend to the 1st company, as his zealousness against Chaos in the face of exposure to the Great Enemy has already shown him to be incorruptible.

@Zealot

Many thanks for the character: you have your TH :lol:

I'll probably try to add a skull to either the shield or the hammer and post how it looks :P

@Hemal

Yestarday Hemaliel (and his squad) took care of 1 vindicator, 10 tactical marines (with meltagun and plasma cannon) and an immo LRC... not bad for his first game :P

Archived