How to get conversion points

Tanhausen

Name: Azazel

Weapon: Twin Lightning Claws

History: Ta'lon was a promising hunter in his Plainsworld tribe, favouring knives when stalking his prey. When recruited into the Dark Angels, he excelled in his combat scout squad and swiftly progressed to an Assault Marine in the 6th company. His squad and he gained noteriety in multiple campaigns, counter-striking at critical junctures and refusing to fall back from the most savage of foes. His stubborn nature and tactical acumen were duly noted, and upon induction into the Deathwing there was no hesitation about the manner in which he was equipped - twin lightning claws, harking back to his ancient hunter past.

Detail: A dagger (stone/flint if you could manage?!) stuck standing up in the ground.

Sorry about the wrong thread - I meant to post it here, but clearly forgot!! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Cheers now.

As promised... shinguards update! They look a bit warped, but its because the "heel" part is curved... minor touch up needed.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv140/T3mp4n0/IMG00060-20101115-2000.jpg

And to give scale sense...

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv140/T3mp4n0/IMG00063-20101115-2001.jpg

The greenstuff turned out too think, so I'll have to sand it before I cast them.

Name: Palintrax

Weapon: dual LC

Background: Palintrax was born into a particularly wealthy family. At the time his father was a merchant and his family was famous on his planet. Palintrax's father had produced two sons who were swept up by the Dark Angels and Palintrax was also advised to join the chapter. At a younger then normal age Palintrax joined the chapter and advanced through the ranks quickly, his young developing mind quickly grasping concepts. After an engagement with chaos marines in which Palintrax was the lone survivor, he was promoted to the Deathwing. Not horrified with the atrocities the inner circle had performed, Palintrax settled in to become one of the most renowned warriors of the chapter. His cool and calm attitude not only won over his peers but also brought him closer to Azrael and the interrogator chaplains. On a raid against a necron tomb world in which the Dark Angels rescued the populace, Palintrax became stranded with Azrael's command squad. Palintrax agreed to hold the line so that Azrael and his command squad could get back to the thunderhawk. Palintrax went into a fury, slicing and dicing all necron warriors who dared to approach him. Feeling a rage building inside of him, Palintrax started screaming his battle cries louder then ever. From this point Palintrax remembers nothing. The members of Azrael's guard on that day claim that Palintrax went into a fury, his eyes glowing blue as his screams shattered all the necrons around him. Running through a hail of gauss, Palintrax finally reached the necron commander, and in a single foul sweep, broke the "life" from the machine. Just before the necrons around Palintrax could slay him, the ship in orbit around the planet managed to locate him and teleported him out. Palintrax became known for his occasional rages when his psychic prowess burst forth. Unfortunately, Palintrax was demoted to the Deathwing form Azrael's command squad because of the risk of being possessed by demons and turning against the chapter master. Back in the Deathwing, however, Palintrax was happier then ever in his more humble position.

Model Symbolism: Bare headed with blue, glowing eyes, like a psycher. His LC arms thrown at his sides as he unleashes a howl of rage.

Uncontrolled psykers allowed into the inner circle? Don't think so... ^_^

I'll edit the background to adapt :HQ:

Also, no bare headed models left, I'll try to give him blue glowing eyes though :D

No comments on the shinguards? Are they so bad? :P

Name: Anguis

Weapon: sergeant with SB/PS

Background: Anguis was originally known as Elijah. On his ascension into the Deathwing he was given a more appropriate name, Anguis. The name was high Terran for serpent and such a serpent he was. Elijah had been an expert striking with his blade and storm bolter wherever the enemy least expected it.

Model: Elijah written on his armor somewhere, crossed out. A serpents gaping mouth on his back banner. Over the mouth can be the Deathwing symbol. Or the DW symbol can be in a corner.

You're on fire! So much imagination to share... ;) Thanks!

The problem is...

1.- I want to keep "special" iconography out. The only symbols are DA or DW.

2.- I'm really scared of free hands :P I'll give it a try.. maybe in the rim of the hood?

3.- My sarges don't carry banners

I'll try to update later with the provided names! I'd really like to make all 20 terminators by friday, so I can submit all of the characters with name and background ;) That would mean 15 extra points! (If you win the 3 games, you get a max of 100 points... and paint is max 15 also so... its worth doing the work).

To give you an idea, in my last tourney there, I got 2-0-1 (some 64 points) and like 5/30 points for paint/conversions :( If I had like 20/30, instead of 7th I would have ended 4th.

It's pretty fun coming up with DW members. To bad you don't use assault cannons.

Name: Mahaebri ("the unstoppable" or "the relentless")

Weapon: PF/HF

Background: Mahaebri has been a deathwing member for hundreds of years yet every time he is offered the position of sergeant he refuses. He often sits and broods by himself though nobody knows why. Even in battle he is a rock. Wading through the enemy he torches or squeezes the life out of all who stand in his way.

Model: Heavy flamer lowered, maybe model flames? Walking legs and his fist raised in the air with a Tau fire warrior dangling by it's feet. Or a fire warrior head in his hand and he is stepping over the body.

Name: Sahial

Weapon: Twin Lightning Claws

Background: A brooding member of the Deathwing, even more than the average Dark Angel. The news of the fallen has struck him personally as one of his forefathers is reported to be amongst them. In anticipation of personally slaying his forefather he has spent all his spare time to increase the effectiveness of his claws, to the horror of the techpriest assigned to his suit.

Model: Different colours for every blade on his claws (Use a different wash from the thumb out: Thraka Green, Asurmen Blue, Leviathan Purple, Baal red) and extra power wires running to his gauntlets.

Name: Lancealus

Weapon: CF

History: Lancealus has never spoken a word since he first killed a Fallen One. Only a few days later he became member of the Deathwing.

Everytime his squad fights Fallen Ones it is upon him to execute them. In this times his Chainfist seems to be alway tainted with the archenemy's blood.

Detail: Blood, blood and some blood on the ground - maybe a skull oder head, but that's not important. :)

PS: The =I= seems to have intrests in this particular Dark Angel. Maybe add a bloody =I= symbole.

Hmm not sure about KILLING fallen - DW trie sto capture the "relatively" intact. ALso not communicating (silence) is a major flaw in an elite battlefield formation going around in walking tanks...

@Dudemeister

Thanks for the character! I agree with Hemal, fluff-wise I think Fallen are supposed to be taken to the Rock so Chappies can give them the opportunity to repent :)

As for being silent... maybe he's just taciturn (is that a word in English?)

@A D-B

Stop lurking and join the party xD (Just say you were reading when I was posting :P)

4 more to get them all... 1 sarge, 2 x CF and 1 x CML!

Name: Borther Azureal

Weapon: Cyclone Missile Launcher

History: Hailing from a world that would have challenged Caliban with it's ferocity, the chaplains always knew Azureal was marked for greatness, they just never saw this greatness involving high-power explosives. Azureal has an almost passionate love for explosive and has racked up an almost unachievable tally in his life as a Space Marine, stunting Waaagh! Nazgrod with a well placed meltabomb on Nazgrod half built Gargant before leaving the scout company. As a devastator his talents became obvious to all and it was on the planet of Rognite that his induction into the Deathwing was decided upon. Handling his missile launcher with the care and ease of a sniper, Azureal successfully crippled more than half the invading Traitor legions forces and pinned down a full squad of Fallen.

It was now that the Belial and Azreal decided Brother Azureal was ready and before the campaign was out he was given his own suit of terminator armour, fittingly attached with a Cyclone Missile Launcher so that he might continue to rain explosive death on the enemies of the Emperor.

Detail: Lots of scorch marks on the Cyclone and maybe drill out some missiles. Perhaps a targeting array on his helmet (i.e. Bionic eye one) and some craters on the base.

As for being silent... maybe he's just taciturn (is that a word in English?)

It's a word alright.

Here I go again :D

Name: Duglas (Means "dark stranger" in Gaelic apparently)

Weapon: Sergeant

Background: Duglas used to be close friends with the chapter's techmarines. After a heroic plasma cannon shot in which he destroyed a chaotic dreadnought that was about to charge his squad he was brought into the inner circle. After going through intense psychic training and searching he was deemed fit and was given a position in the Deathwing. Unfortunately for the new Deathwing inductee, the sergeant in his squad had recently died and Duglas was highly regarded for his social skills. The inner circle heard this and promoted Duglas to the rank of sergeant, hoping he would learn from the squad as much as they would benefit from his leadership.

Model: Shiny new armor!

@S. Bloodhowl

Thanks ;)

@LardO'Blood

In spanish we have a word for those who take advantage of being very good or keep hacking at a fallen tree...is there one in English? ;)

Thanks

Ladies (???) and Gentlemen (??? none around? xD), only 2 CF left...

When all the names are given, I'll try and during Xmas prepare all the shins and the details you have proposed (I am begging all my known players to give me bits and pieces xD).

And when all of that is done... there will be a surprise! For all of you who have contributed to this process :)

Brother Jeremial

Brother Jeremial is one of the oldest marines in the Deathwing, his armour battered and scarred by thousands of enemy hits, his venerable stormbolter an antique weapon which has not required new parts for nigh on 400 years. Jeremial is, by Imperial reckoning, 594 years old, though he has spent many years in stasis after the various injuries that mar his body.

On Cataphract VII, Jeremial suffered grave injuries at the hands of the Ork warlord Gargaz the Grim, losing his left leg to a power claw, but burying his chainfist into the head of the Ork leader. He spent 2 years in stasis as his Deathwing detachment made its way back to the Rock, his leg replaced by a cybernetic graft.

During the cleansing of Morbad's World, Jeremial was co-opted to the 3rd Battle Company, acting as the Captain's champion. He engaged an Eldar witch in combat, but the creature used a sonic mask to oveerload his neural receptors, destroying his hearing. Even so, he managed to deflect her power sword with his own, ending her life with a shot of his storm bolter..

He was present on Piscina, as part of Belial's command squad, and accounted for nearly 300 of the foul greenskins, only being stoppe dby lack of ammunition and the blunting of the blades on his chainfist.

Verb

To co-opt (third-person singular simple present co-opts, present participle co-opting, simple past and past participle co-opted)

To elect as a fellow member of a group, such as a committee.

To commandeer, appropriate or take over.

To absorb or assimilate into an established group.

I'm not sure about a word for that, sorry! Someone who never stops hacking at a fallen tree is a lumberjack? Do you mean the person is very good at hacking at fallen trees?

Name: Tysan

Weapon: CF

Background: Tysan was one of the most firey lads in the Deathwing, constantly talking about some great deed he did. Recently however, he battled with an ork weirdboy. The weirdboy looked into Tysan's soul, observing all his thoughts and emotions. Tysan, overcome with rage, threw himself at the weirdboy, disregarding the surrounding nobs. As his chainfist whirred through the weirdboy's body, Tysan felt something break inside of him. Since the event, Tysan has been housing a ferocious rage against all psychers and has kept the heads of every psycher he has killed.

Model: An eldar farseer head, a thousand sons marine head and a weirdboy lying on his base.

Nay, no lumberjack... in the sense of someone who takes advantage of an already fallen target.

So co-opting is choosing someone for your team or designating someone... ok, thanks

Thanks for the character... but I don't have so many bits xD I'll try and get some DE heads for example.

Right now everything is primed white, basecoated clear brown, first layer of bleach bone.

Last night I did some quick details (bronze for all the aquilas, soft brown for seals and similar) in order to have 3 colours on the minis and score some more points for tomorrow's tournament...

... but I'm nowhere close to having the army in a presentable fashion!

With luck I'll be doing some painting in a couple weeks (5 day weekend ;) )

@Hemal

Epic :)

Language issues.. what does co-opted mean?

Co-opted = moved into, assigned to, made part, of roughly...

Right now everything is primed white, basecoated clear brown, first layer of bleach bone.

Last night I did some quick details (bronze for all the aquilas, soft brown for seals and similar) in order to have 3 colours on the minis and score some more points for tomorrow's tournament...

... but I'm nowhere close to having the army in a presentable fashion!

With luck I'll be doing some painting in a couple weeks (5 day weekend :) )

God stuff - let us know how it all goes!

Cheers

Hemal

Archived