Blood Angels Second Wave Confirmed!

TheHarrower

From the GW Newsletter:

The Blood Angels are one of the most popular Space Marine Chapters. They fought at the Emperor's side during the earliest days of the Imperium as one of the original Legions. Ten thousand years later, and one of the longest-running Chapters, they are still shaped by the deeds of their Primarch Sanguinius. Few Space Marine Chapters are as prolific and loyal in their defence of the Imperium as the Blood Angels, though a flaw in their gene seed makes them susceptible to the Black Rage and the Red Thirst - all-consuming curses that turn them savage and blood-thirsty in battle...

In February 2011, the Blood Angels will receive more reinforcements, including never-before-seen models - visit the website tomorrow for more information from the Studio in their Incoming! article. If you want to start massing your own Angelic Host, or are looking to bolster your troops, then here are some essential items to prepare for the new arrivals in February.

I'm curious to see what we'll get. I'm sure at least the Stormraven and the new Dreadnaught are coming out next. I'm hoping for a new Dante and Mephiston as well.

Hazzah! I just read the email now.

So yeah the storm raven is pretty much confirmed now...I am really curious as to what else comes out. I wouldn't expect to see any new versions of the names characters with them already being in the codex though.

As far as I am concerned the new wave will consist of:

1. Plastic Furioso Dreadnought

2. Plastic StormRaven

3. Battleforce

and guys please do not ask for new dante mephiston etc. - GW won't resculpt old special characters !

Looking forward to the Stormraven and hopefully plastic furioso's/librarian dreadnoughts.

As far as I am concerned the new wave will consist of:

1. Plastic Furioso Dreadnought

2. Plastic StormRaven

3. Battleforce

and guys please do not ask for new dante mephiston etc. - GW won't resculpt old special characters !

Why do we need a battleforce, the space marine one is fine for BAs with a rhino and assault squad in it. Even with assault marines as troops it's quite easy to turn the tactical squad into assault with chainswords and pistols. They did a resculpt of Lemartes so why not any of the others? Personally Meph and Tycho should be first inline.

They did a resculpt of Lemartes so why not any of the others? Personally Meph and Tycho should be first inline.

they did this because the model was awful and everyone complained about that in the community.

The Dante, Tycho and Mephiston models WON'T be rescuplted. Old Dark Angels models remained the same, Space Wolves characters remained the same - except for Njal who had been removed from range a long time ago (Lemartes was also removed from GW site). For GW there is no point in resculpting more 'old' models - they would rather introduce new characters than redone old ones. They did this once with ultramrines heroes but as you can see they haven't repeated this in the futher marine releases. I think that we will see the new 'old' character metal models when they wholly replace the space marine range (if ever?) - as the dark eldar now.

i dunno. depends entirely on if gw caan increase prices as a result and therefore make money. a new dante ith new syled jump pack,bulked out etc coud be nice enough to make me want to buy a new one... though gw would wan to milk the old model for as much as they can before they do so. if they do so. maby well get a new libby....not likely... and i dont like the current standard libby models....

I think Dante or Meph will get a re-vamp Calgar style (remember we now have 2 options with him).

Stormraven is a definate.

Outside of a battleforce box they cant really do any other models. DC and SG cover pretty much all BA infantry from HG to VV's etc..

There have been plenty of instances when they have redone Special Characters especially if you look at WFB and the High Elf range. Do I think we'll get a new Mephiston and Dante tomorrow? No, but it sure would be nice. Lastly, the more people ask, the more likely it is to happen. So if people want new Special Characters, be vocal and ask all you want!

I'll join my fellow brothers and say that new Meph would be nice.

But if this doesn't happen I'd like to see new HG or Libby/Chappy kits (just as JamesI already said).

BA upgrade kit would be also welcome (in fact I personally think that it is most likely to be released).

Yeah, forgot to say that we really need a new Mephiston. Have never used him since I haven't had the time to build him myself. The model of him is horrible! Really butt-ugly.

My sentiments exactly... I won't play with that model. I bought it when it first came out (2nd edition I believe) and have never painted it since, nor used it in combat.

Archived