Blood Angels Second Wave Confirmed!

TheHarrower

No it's true enough man that at least now we KNOW we are getting some extra goodies...but saying we can see some little bits of them and then showing us NOTHING is a bit like eating ice cream enfront of a fat dude on a treadmill.

Poor show that, I think. Not a big deal, but not impressed really. To say there'd be more info tomorrow, and then simply restate the same message...not great. I may have emailed to that effect.... Oh well. Nevermind

Haha oh dear, looks like the boy has cried wolf this time! A load of hype about a new post, and then all it says is 'look, buy these models which are already available - oh, and some new models in Feb'.

I wonder if they had planned to put some more details on the site, but then changed their mind at the last minute. Really the article is something of nothing.

To be fair, the newsletter never said their would be pictures online, but they did say "more information from the Studio" which they still didn't manage to scrape together enough to even count as "more information" in the online article.

I admit I was holding out a tiny amount of hope that they'd show some teaser images of parts of the new models --like they did with the Deff Dread, but I didn't really expect it. What I did expect was for them to at least confirm officially some of the things we already knew from the rumors --like that the second wave would have the stormraven, furioso, and battleforce.

I'm not as annoyed with the lack of info as I am with the poor way they marketed this. Telling your customers in a special email to expect something the next day, and then not giving it to them is a very poor business practice.

i really have no idea how this company stays in business. Between our local GW black shirt being a jerk, the stores filled with stuff you can get 20% from somewhere else, noobs jacking up the website last week with the stormraven pics, and now this lame newsletter. I'm surprised a central community of gamers haven't done there own FAQs for the game to balance it out more and go from there. Cut GW out completely and use whatever models you want.

i really have no idea how this company stays in business. Between our local GW black shirt being a jerk, the stores filled with stuff you can get 20% from somewhere else, noobs jacking up the website last week with the stormraven pics, and now this lame newsletter. I'm surprised a central community of gamers haven't done there own FAQs for the game to balance it out more and go from there. Cut GW out completely and use whatever models you want.

probably because they make the rules that people like, the minis people like (even if you don't buy them from gw the people you bought them from did) and because not everyone cares all that much about what is officially released knowledge about what what's coming out in February, when we've already seen some of the minis and it won't really matter till feb in any rate... it's really not that big of a deal.

and you can cut out GW, there are plenty of other game systems, and you could always do your own... but i dont 'think most people really care that the incoming message was much the same as the studio incoming message...

Yep Thanks GW so after :wacko: ing up my inbox with come to see the site tomorrow for pics of new stuff and what do I get to see some red DC and a Ugly ass Dred that are somebodys conversions I am almost about to write a E-mail just to make myself feel better. >_> GW really it boggles the mind

People, people, dont't take it too hard to heart!

To tell the truth I personally did not expect to find pics of new models that were meant to be released only in February 2011. Well if there were some new models posted it would have been great, but it didn't happen. So what? The real tragedy would have been if GW announced they would actually release new models and didn't do it.

However, I'll bookmark this page in order to remember to check GW site somewhen in February :wacko:

I've heard the following is coming:

Stormraven Gunship (February WD includes rules for all Chapters to use it)

Furioso Dreadnought (includes bits to make Librarian/Death Company Dread)

Blood Angel Battleforce (Current contents unknown).

No mention of new metal models at all.

yea i was following the site all day to read whats coming

a little disappointed

even more disappointing is the stormraven rules for space marine chapters

if this is true then :cussF...why dont we just give them mephiston as well

if this isnt true then good

sry if this sounds a bit angry

Personally I really hope they don't spread out the Stormraven to the other Chapters, as I find that rather unfair. We don't get to use Ironclads, or Jetbikes, etc. Those are specially added for those chapters, just the like Stormraven is for Blood Angels and the Knights. It even says how they're the only ones with them, but I also realize Games Workshop is a business, and could milk a lot more out of the model by making it so widespread. (Even though most people "Counts as" with our codex anyway.) I just think it would be really disappointing if we lost that uniqueness is all. Still looking forward to the Second Wave though!! :P

Archived