Blood Angels Second Wave Confirmed!

TheHarrower

I would think we may see a couple of different box sets probably tactical and Assault and perhaps Terminators ala the Space Wolves sets. This would be cool and knowing GW they will charge more for them. Some people may think well there are enough bits in the Death Company and Sang Guard to make unique models and they would be right however a lot of them are dedicated pieces ( cross's, skulls, wings,etc.) If you look at it from GW perspective a semi rebuild of a shoulder pad mold for ex. where you take out a cross or winged skull and just leave the wing is a lot cheaper then a total redesign and a lot quicker. These are just my opinions and really don't count for anything so take it for what it's worth.

Battleforce? Not going to happen, SM one works miracles for us.

Dante? Meph? Tycho? No way, too pretty to remake, compared to many other IC's out there.

Furioso? For sure

Storm Raven? For sure.

Plastic Libby? No way. We are not that lucky.

Plastic BA chappy? We have Lemartes model so sorry.

What would be awesome would be a box with "BA Veterans" just like DA's have. 5 guys with many bits to spare and some aditional bitz on terminators. I'd buy that.

I don't think they would include larger kits (like the BAAL) as they have been only using fairly "cheap" units with 1 or two special addition. Pretty much a slight variation of the SM BF with the DC sprue. Definitely one to two troop choices, one fast attack and one transport (if only it was a land raider crusader ;)). I speculate a razorback or drop pod for the transport. There is a slight possibility that they would break from the formula they have currently regarding battleforces but I don't particularly think it will happen. If they do, say goodbye to a transport option.

Battleforce? Not going to happen, SM one works miracles for us.

Dante? Meph? Tycho? No way, too pretty to remake, compared to many other IC's out there.

Furioso? For sure

Storm Raven? For sure.

Plastic Libby? No way. We are not that lucky.

Plastic BA chappy? We have Lemartes model so sorry.

What would be awesome would be a box with "BA Veterans" just like DA's have. 5 guys with many bits to spare and some aditional bitz on terminators. I'd buy that.

the battleforce has been confirmed by those in know.. but we will get more info tomorrow on the website.

I cant think of anything they actually need that isn't available outside of the Furioso and the Storm Raven. Honour Guard is just DC box and Assault Marine box.

Terminators would just be an upgrade sprue, not worth the shelf space to GW

I'm hoping for a Razorback with all the weapon options to be released around the same time.

I hope for Plastic Dred's I hope for Plastic Libby / Chaplain boxes for all Marines.

But I REALLy hope for the Razorback with all weapon options more.

I'd definitely say Stormraven and probably Furioso. I was going to buy this for my Furioso but now I am going to have to wait and see what GW has in store for us.

I agree that Dante at least needs a Jump Pack upgrade more along the lines of the Sanguinary Guard and I think Meph definitely needs a new model he doesn't really go with the rest of the BA army.

Well, as some others said, what I hope and expect to see is:

Blood Angels Battleforce

(I think maybe, 5 JP RAS, 5 footslogging RAS with a Rhino/Razorback , A Drop Pod and Furioso?)

Storm Raven

(practically confirmed)

Plastic Furioso

(either a full kit, or an upgrade sprue for the normal/venerable dread. FW has been very short on real BA kits on the dread front for months, so big chance that is because BA dreads were upcoming for GW stock)

Plastic Special Character kit

(Libby/Chaplain bits)

I really think the Special Character kit could be a possibility well before a relaunch. People want the options available in plastic to model their own special characters and not be forced to buy the metal ones and do horribly metal on plastic conversions.

That's my 2 credits

It seems to be available from here - http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/astronomican.jsp

I hope that's not all we get today though, as that would be no information at all really...there's always 'What's New Today' though. If not, I wonder if there was a sudden U-turn on releasing info on the Feb releases over the weekend...?

As others have pointed out elsewhere though, this may just be the Incoming! article to match the newsletter comments - the 'What's New Today' article may well have the information we'd all like to see.

That said; "visit the website tomorrow for more information from the Studio in their Incoming! article." worries me slightly... ;)

Archived