New White Dwarf says

CaptainLNH

Ugg... This makes me both happy, and sad. I'm stoked because I can finally get a Storm Raven, even if it does look kinda goofy, after so long. But it also means I'm going to probably be spending $45-$60 on it when it comes out. Even after I'd said I'd retired my Angels Cruentus from further development... Yay/Blarg!

I guess that the new Libby Dread will be usable by the GKs aswell as the SR.

This all makes sense to me now. I was thinking why new BA, why Feb? It makes a ton of sense if it leads into a GK release just a couple months down the road.

Here's to hoping we'll get some neat GK bitz in the SR sprues.

(and here's to hoping that the GK codex isn't overpowered)

i read that too

just wondering what are the " never before seen models" going to be

other than the stormraven and the furioso/libby/death company dread

cant wait though :)

Well, any new model is a "never before seen model" ;)

Black Boxes are arriving now! :)

I went by my GW half an hour ago to drop a model off and they had just received the February Black Box containing the Storm Raven and the Furioso.

How good the Raven looks is hard to tell as it's in pieces. The cast looks good though. Both BA and GK bits included. The pilot has mechanicus markings and, other than that, looks like a generic marine.

But the Dread fronts look excellent! The DC Dreads sarcophagus is slightly rounded and has a skull instead of a visor. The Libby one has a psychic hood and a rigid death mask with a blood drop on its forehead. The regular Furioso thankfully has the well-known dreadnought sarcophagus shape, but with droplets and wings as ornamentation.

All options are included. The blood talons are long and sleek. The grapple seems to have a rounded cowling that's placed ontop of the hull and there are custom pieces for all three dread variants.

Next up: Me begging the store manager to let me paint and, above all, keep the Stormraven in return for free painting services. ;)

Just BA and GK emblems for the Storm Raven?

Hoping that GW release rules allowing every chapter to take the Storm Raven! If they want to sell models they ought to

I hope not. Some chapters get unique things, that's how it works. I'd love to use a Thunderfire Cannon or Master of the Forge, but too bad for me.

I hope not ALL the space marine chapters get it...

We missed out on Artificer Armour, relic-blades, Master of the Forges, Thunder-fire Cannons and small rules like the Techmarine IC. Sure we made up for it with new units and new abilities, but the Storm-Raven should be one of those new units.

To be worth the separate codex we have we need these divergencies, we need to be unique and fight differently from Codex Marine.

I'm sure GW will allow the Storm-Raven to be used by other chapters, but I hope not... Not out of selfishness but out of a wanting to play a different army from EVERYONE else.

Malatox

I hope most chapters dont get it, Im ticked enough about C:BA having it. Full marines dont need a fast moving skimmer for a transport.

Still, theres plenty of other cool stuff that the BA have that everyone else doesnt, so I dont see the issue on that level.

@ Malatox: totally agree with you.

As for other chapters being allowed to use SR, well, it is not present in vanilla Dex, so this leaves me with the little hope that SR will be BA and GK exclusive.

If they want to sell models they ought to

This is something I simply do not agree with. They do not need to make the SR for all Chapters if they want to sell the model enough. The DC, Baal and Sang Guard are doing good as well without being 'sold out' to other chapters. Not to mention the amount of specialized gear other chapters have.

Also: BA are still one of the, if not THE, most popular Space Marines Chapter. So models specific for that army will still sell well.

If other chapters gain access to the Storm Raven then I want access to Land Speeder Storms just to make Scout squads a semi-viable troop option ;)

Edit: I'd like the Stormraven to be BA & GK specific only, other chapters can use the Caestus assault ram (bit pricey though :) )

They SHOULD for marketing? That makes no sense.

If they wanted to sell the SR model they should have made it cool instead of the ugliest model in the entire lineup.

Then all the FoTM rerollers would be buying several to make all new standin blood angels, or for their soon to be purchased GK force.

I mean lets be honest most Space Marine players are the quicket to jump on a new codex regardless of what colour their marines are.

Of course the biggest travesty will be all the space marine stand in grey knights.

I'll say I will be absolutely flabbergasted if the Storm raven is not made available to all marines. GW won't cut into the sales of an expensive kit by making it available to only a small portion of the fan base.

GW did keep Baal pred exclusive. So maybe SR would be too, however with so many rumors circulating, I'd say that SR will be enabled for other chapters. It's sad, but I really do not care so much. As Zealadin said, many people will move to the new armies (GK, or maybe DA or BT in far future). Well, this will leave true BA fans. And this is good for me. I'd prefer all SM armies have SR than every SM player run either BA or SW :lol:

If other chapters gain access to the Storm Raven then I want access to Land Speeder Storms just to make Scout squads a semi-viable troop option :verymad:

Edit: I'd like the Stormraven to be BA & GK specific only, other chapters can use the Caestus assault ram (bit pricey though :lol: )

The vast majority of us play in areas where the caestus doesnt fly.

tbh James and grey mage; if they make this available to all chapters GW will be pulling the lowest forms of marketing possible..

as fluff stands only blood angels and grey knights have it. if people cant deal with that because they want the new shiney stuff then thats their problem <_<

tbh id like relic blades and other upgrades in my army like codex marines. theyre pretty good weapons but we cant take them. so be it.

besides, if people want to buy one noone stopping them. ive seen plenty of people buying and painting models because they think the models are cool (eyeballs a tervigon and carnifex standing on a rack on wall :) )

likewise, if people want to use blood angel rules for count as vanilla armies, go ahead. its one of those niches thats always been present in the hobby and probably wont go away anytime soon either (thank good for the option) so long as people are clear on what their model represent its all fair in love and war right?

The trend seems to be that every army gets a flyer of some sort. So I guess the rumours it will be available for all Marine Chapters ring true enough. Sure there should be things that differentiate armies from one another, but I think the BAs are more then well off in this regard. I'd trade your Assault Squads as troops for my ImpFists for not getting the Raven without second thought. ;-) And besides that, the fluff does not say it is exclusive.

And besides that, the fluff does not say it is exclusive.

I'm afraid it does. In the unit entry of the Stormraven it says that the Blood Angels are the only chapter that uses the Stormraven, but it is rumoured to have been used by the Grey quite a long time before.

Other chapters have the Thundercannon, Landspeeder Storm, Relic Blades, Master of the Forge and the ability to exchange Combat Tactics for a bunch of really good rules, so I think it is only fair to let the Blood Angels(and GK, by the way) have the Stormraven and let them be the only two PA armies that have access to it.

C'est la vive, isn't it? :)

Snorri

Archived