New White Dwarf says

CaptainLNH

The Skaven January one? It is in store for a couple of days now.

Ironclads don't have Bloodclaws or WS 6. Yet I was nastily surprised to learn that Furiosos have just front and not also side armour 13. ^^

No Blackbox today. Still waiting eagerly.

Ironclads don't have Bloodclaws or WS 6. Yet I was nastily surprised to learn that Furiosos have just front and not also side armour 13. ^^

Front armor is all you need when you want to get stuck in CC anyway.

Funniest thing ever: BA vs BA and 2 Furiosos with Blood Claws are stuck together.

Almost as funny as a Furioso and Chaos Dread charging each other and both destroying the other on the same initiative count :-D

The Valkyrie is exclusive to IG, and it's a pretty expensive model.

BA and GK are getting the Stormraven, and they are SM chapters, which makes it easy to more people buying it. Seriously, I don't see the point in giving other SM armies the raven, if you are talking about "marketing", because seriously, the best market is making people getting more pieces for theirs SM chapters so they can play with BA or GK, and so use the Stormraven.

Ran

I suppose I wouldn't mind other chapters gaining access to it, but a 0-1 and the lack of Skies of Blood would be a nice way to show that BA's (and potentially GKs) are the Kings of the vehicle. Maybe a tiny price hike too ;)

Lets not add a price hike to removal of rules. Already enough complaints that our devastators are cheaper (why GW doesn't just errata regular marines to have the same price devs I don't understand)

Lets not add a price hike to removal of rules. Already enough complaints that our devastators are cheaper (why GW doesn't just errata regular marines to have the same price devs I don't understand)

Agreed. I wouldn't mind seeing them go through multiple rulebooks and doing that.

Just been in my local GW and the guy said I could pre-order the Stormraven and BA Dread on 19th Jan (next Wed) ;) and released on 29th. I asked if there were any more BA kits coming out to which he replied "What more do you want? BLOOD?!?". Either he was dropping a hint or being an arse :P ;)

on the subject of the furioso. i named the ironclad for one simple thing:

it was the only loyalist dreadnought capable of having 2 close combat weapons. which for YEARS was the blood angels area of expertise. then suddenly ALL chapter had them :lol: i know stuff gets retconned regulary bnut we alos lost our "special" close combat veterans at the same time. and our HONOUR GUARD. basicly after the vanilla codex hit i felt robbed of every unique unit in my chapter :lol:

now we FINALY have something to distinguish us from the pack and people are talking about giving our new stuff to other chapters as well because its not fair that they dont have it? :cuss that! normalize wargear options on our characters and maybe well talk. (and its still a big maybe in that case...)

ll minus the DA, and BT..

Something to distinguish us fro the pack

Death Company

Sang Preists

Sang Guard

Baal Preds

and Dread wise

Librarian Dread.

Frag cannon

Magna Grapple

Blood Talons

being able to take 11 dreads, or just dreads in different slots

i just dont' see losing the SR as losing our individuality. (BTW it's been reported that there is GK iconography in the box)

Yet I was nastily surprised to learn that Furiosos have just front and not also side armour 13. ^^

Walkers rotate so you always use their front armor.

In CC, not in shooting... Av facings still apply

Malatox

Dollars to Donuts that the Grey Knights have a librarian dreadnought. There's a reason that force weapon in the pics floating around looks like a Nemesis Force weapon, I'm sure. How else would an all-psyker chapter get Dreadnoughts, or what else would happen to the near-dead if not put into a sarcophagus? Pure speculation on my part, but it seems pretty reasonable if the Grey Knights are going to have the Stormraven as well, and GW wants to sell the new SM plastics to the new chapter books.

I agree that the Grey Knights will get a Libby dread...but from the pics it doesn't look like the upcoming box will be the Grey Knight dread. The whole sarcophagus of the Libby version is blinged with Blood Angels iconography, and I haven't seen any kind of sword&book icons as well...so, I'd say they will get another kit. This seems to be solely for Blood Angels.

Snorri

Snorri, I think that's because even if the GK get a Librarian Dreadnought they will not get a Librarian Furioso Dreadnought. :(

Of course they will not. :)

I was just assuming that Father Mapple was implicating that the new dread will be for GK as well because of the NFW-Forceweapon...could have been wrong on that. :)

Snorri

Snorri, I think that's because even if the GK get a Librarian Dreadnought they will not get a Librarian Furioso Dreadnought. ;)

Of course they will not. :D

I was just assuming that Father Mapple was implicating that the new dread will be for GK as well because of the NFW-Forceweapon...could have been wrong on that. :)

Snorri

Some guys at GK forum also suggested that Libby Dread's Force Weapon was also Nemesis weapon for GK dread. I know they want to have such a marvelous kit, but this one is for BA only. As Snorri said there are no GK icons, and as Plague Angels stated GK will not have Furioso dread in any case.

And returning to the question of sharing BA exclusiveness with vanilla guys. We have Sanguinary Priests, army-wide FNP, what can be more exclusive? :D

I suppose I wouldn't mind other chapters gaining access to it, but a 0-1 and the lack of Skies of Blood would be a nice way to show that BA's (and potentially GKs) are the Kings of the vehicle. Maybe a tiny price hike too :D

Their devastators have chapter tactics. Ours are fixed with thirst. Good (enough) rationale for the difference if you ask me.

I'm of the opinion that despite the glaring similarities, each codex is quite different and wont bear apples versus apples comparison as, like apples two different types will have different tastes and prices despite generally speaking serving the same purpose.

Yeah, my Furioso was being shot at. ^^ Still had the Ironclad in mind. My bad. :D 13 front for cc is fine but you have to get there first with a droppod army vs. a footslogger, melta- and missleladen SW army.

As others have said, the BAs definitly do not lack in uniquness compared to Codex Marines. This is why I started to play them as well (and that I can easily use most of the stuff I have already). I'll concentrate more on the assault side of things as they do this much nicer then C:M imho.

Preorders on wednesday? Still so far away for getting good pictures. ^^

Archived