Stormraven and Furioso

ancient god

Hmmm....

Stormraven isn't perfect but I can dig it. The dread looks nice enough — not sure about the skull. Magnagrapple and blood talons look good though, and I already have a dread-chassis I was going to paint as a DC so that's the important part. More interested in the Librarian components.

Im still not overwhelmed by the storm raven, I think it is mainly the "bubble" turret and the air vent behind it, I may end up removing those, and I think that will make it much more stream line, and alot more like a mini thunder hawk, which I quite like the idea of.

FOXX

The vent can be left off with no hole in the fuselage. The turrets ring is about 1 mm too tight for a Razorback or Predator turret but that can easily be fixed with some tools.

I will see how I like it with a smaller intake and a Razor turret but having built one with all the regular parts, I might just leave it unmodified. It looks great on the table with an army around it.

Cheers for the info

FOXX

Yep, I like them both. The Stormraven may undergo some modification though... I'd like to see what the turret looks like on a Razorback with the plastic glass replaced with wire mesh (Mad Max style :blink: ).

Not too keen on the magna grapple either :sweat: , but I'll pick up a box so that I can pimp out a couple of my old dreads as well.

I plan on getting a couple SRs and leaving the venting and bubble turret off. as for the magna grapple, :sweat:. it looks terrible. I pictured much more of a Scropian/ mortal kombat type thing for it. I also really wanted to see where the typhoon launchers and hurrican bolters go. I really hope they dont go over the side doors

I plan on getting a couple SRs and leaving the venting and bubble turret off. as for the magna grapple, <_<. it looks terrible. I pictured much more of a Scropian/ mortal kombat type thing for it. I also really wanted to see where the typhoon launchers and hurrican bolters go. I really hope they dont go over the side doors

The Hurricane systems go over the side doors but they look sleek, I dry fitted them on to see.

The Typhoon launcher goes where you can see the meltas now, fits right ontop of that casing.

I plan on getting a couple SRs and leaving the venting and bubble turret off. as for the magna grapple, <_<. it looks terrible. I pictured much more of a Scropian/ mortal kombat type thing for it. I also really wanted to see where the typhoon launchers and hurrican bolters go. I really hope they dont go over the side doors

The Hurricane systems go over the side doors but they look sleek, I dry fitted them on to see.

The Typhoon launcher goes where you can see the meltas now, fits right ontop of that casing.

Wait.

Can you please post a pic of that, just holding it up there, that sounds really strange.. :)

Where do the Assault Cannons go ?

I really like the storm raven compared to wha t we thought it would be - I wouldn't mind owning a few of those.

I'm a bit sadface about the dread though. Don't get me wrong, it's a completely awesome model, but all I can think of when I look at it is "man, I need to cut and file blood angel icons off again!" (with me having a successor and all).

edit: I am just thinking I would be better off with just the arms and a vanilla venerable dread... but that's rather 'spensive!

I plan on getting a couple SRs and leaving the venting and bubble turret off. as for the magna grapple, :). it looks terrible. I pictured much more of a Scropian/ mortal kombat type thing for it. I also really wanted to see where the typhoon launchers and hurrican bolters go. I really hope they dont go over the side doors

Wait.

Can you please post a pic of that, just holding it up there, that sounds really strange.. :o

where the laz are i'd say, since that's what they replace.

I plan on getting a couple SRs and leaving the venting and bubble turret off. as for the magna grapple, :). it looks terrible. I pictured much more of a Scropian/ mortal kombat type thing for it. I also really wanted to see where the typhoon launchers and hurrican bolters go. I really hope they dont go over the side doors

Wait.

Can you please post a pic of that, just holding it up there, that sounds really strange.. :o

where the laz are i'd say, since that's what they replace.

Thats what I was thinking, but is there one on each side ? if so that will be odd too.

Wait.

I won't be at the store again until February actually, so no more pics from me before then. GW will probably show us proper pictures tomorrow anyway.

The Typhoon looks similar to the Terminator Cyclone launcher's front half and it fits flush with the SR's nose mount, making it roughly 2 mm longer to the front with rockets sticking out of its cute little piggy nose. :P

The Lascannon and Plasmacannon both go in the turret, whereas heavy Bolters, Multimeltas and the Typhoon go in the nose. The Bloodstrikes are under the wings.

They both look amazing. My only gripe with the Dreadnaught is the magna-grapple. Looks weird to me and it messes up the entire silhouette. Any chance we can get a pic of the bottom the the Stormraven? I'd like to see the bottom of it and how the Dreadnaught attaches.

They both look amazing. My only gripe with the Dreadnaught is the magna-grapple. Looks weird to me and it messes up the entire silhouette. Any chance we can get a pic of the bottom the the Stormraven? I'd like to see the bottom of it and how the Dreadnaught attaches.

No pic unfortunately, didn't get the chance. But the holding device looks exactly like 1/2 of the Furioso's magna grapple. It's a winch and one of those magnet grapples and that's it. It's not even bigger, just one of those.

Good luck entering the atmosphere with a dread shaking up your airframe by dangling off a single, unsecured rope.

No pic unfortunately, didn't get the chance. But the holding device looks exactly like 1/2 of the Furioso's magna grapple. It's a winch and one of those magnet grapples and that's it. It's not even bigger, just one of those.

Good luck entering the atmosphere with a dread shaking up your airframe by dangling off a single, unsecured rope.

That's kinda weird. Well, I appreciate you getting the pics that you did. Hope you don't mind, I put them up on my blog. Are the side doors Land Raider sized or Rhino sized?

I was honestly not interested in getting a Furioso kit.

Seeing it put together and standing has actually changed my mind, and will likely pre-order one from the lgs, I think there is a lot of flavor there and has a bit of a unique look to it.

Thanks for the good photos.

I'll join the chorus of people who don't care for the Storm Raven turret and top intake. It seems easy enough to fix.

Love the dreadnought and puts my DC to shame. I shall eventually buy one for the librarian option.

i tell ya what, i am falling for the storm raven, its lookin better and better every time i look at it. alot of people are complaining about the gun turret, but to me it reminds me of AA guns and the bubble turrets from ww2 aand such, i like it. And God i love that dread!!!

Archived