Stormraven and Furioso

ancient god

The only complaint I have about the SR is I would like to see the tail section a little longer. Stretch it out a bit

The Dreads do look good but as I already have two I think they'll wait, I still have enough stuff to finish painting .. now with the SR on top of that list :wink:

Storm Raven = Ugly Thunder Duck, and the nose art will reflect a duck throwing lightning bolts. :yes: I'll also be purchasing two.

The Dreads look great! I didn't imagine the Magna Grapple like that, but I think GW pulled it off very well. What I really, really like is the Frag Cannon. A big bore, snub-nosed barrel, and a belt of oversized ammo is just awesome. :D It just looks like a weapon that belongs on a Dreadnought. The other little bit I like was the forearm shields added to the arms. Bulks them out a little, and adds some detail.

The Librarian Dread looks a bit... off? Ugly? It's the Force Weapon more than anything else. It looks like it can slide in and out of the fist holding it, and it just makes the Libby Dread look like Captain Hook or something. The problem is, for the life of me, I can't come up with anything better. :(

think of the venerable dread's right hand:

Venerable Dread image

cut and glue a bit with the fingers, have it hold that staff, and voila: something better.

I'm really at a loss for the furioso kit. I really love some parts of it, but not others. Really, what would work far better for me (with a successor chapter) is simply this dread's arms (from which I still need to file off the BA symbol), the staff, the magna-grapple and a vanilla venerable dread for the rest...

think of the venerable dread's right hand:

Venerable Dread image

cut and glue a bit with the fingers, have it hold that staff, and voila: something better.

I'm really at a loss for the furioso kit. I really love some parts of it, but not others. Really, what would work far better for me (with a successor chapter) is simply this dread's arms (from which I still need to file off the BA symbol), the staff, the magna-grapple and a vanilla venerable dread for the rest...

You mean something like this? gallery_3059_3944_687051.jpg

of course the librarian weapon isn't right handed, then i could buy one furiouso and convert my old normal dread. still, i suppose i could throw the frag cannon on and make my normal dread a furiouso and turn the other one into a DC or normal furiouso.

i'll probably assemble it as a DC dread of libby, since I can just use the arms on a normal dread torso to have a standard furiouso any time i want.

oh, and one question, who is in the little turret? is that a servitor?

I'm probably going to be making like C:SM players and have a couple chapters represented... they do it with special characters, I'm going to do it with my BA terminators, GK arms, a pied paint-job that represents either a GK force or a BA successor and... some magnets.

Why should they have all the fun?

You know, I think I actually like it better when its not all red. :P

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY

YYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

burn him! ;)

mind you the grey knights had it first (fluffwise) but still....

You know, I think I actually like it better when its not all red. :D

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY

YYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No no, I agree, it looks much better in the silver.

Quick! Must buy, build, and paint a Stormraven in Grey Knights colors and field it with GK Terminator allies in my Blood Angels army, before their codex comes out and removes the ally rules! There's not a moment to spare!

So I just came back from The GW Bunker in Toronto. They have one that's 95% put together, and primed black. Seriously the pictures didn't give this model ANY justice.

I couldn't stand the way it looked in any of the pictures of seen it in originally, but today, when I held it..... Epic.... So Big, So Sleek, There is actually a tail with a bottom facing fin, so it doesn't look like it's floating. With a bit of ingenuity you can magnetize a dread to it. I recommend a magnet or two in the underside and inside the dread sarcophogus a piece of steel so it magnetizes through the plastic.

Honestly, you can't have just one. every blood angel player out there will have two. even if you can't ever field them. They are just that awesome. Enjoy.

So I just came back from The GW Bunker in Toronto. They have one that's 95% put together, and primed black. Seriously the pictures didn't give this model ANY justice.

I couldn't stand the way it looked in any of the pictures of seen it in originally, but today, when I held it..... Epic.... So Big, So Sleek, There is actually a tail with a bottom facing fin, so it doesn't look like it's floating. With a bit of ingenuity you can magnetize a dread to it. I recommend a magnet or two in the underside and inside the dread sarcophogus a piece of steel so it magnetizes through the plastic.

Honestly, you can't have just one. every blood angel player out there will have two. even if you can't ever field them. They are just that awesome. Enjoy.

Yup im in the same boat as you. didnt like it to begin with then when i saw it today i was quite amamzed. So much so im scraping my DC army project for a twin raven list

Archived