Stormraven and Furioso

ancient god

Im still not overwhelmed by the storm raven, I think it is mainly the "bubble" turret and the air vent behind it, I may end up removing those, and I think that will make it much more stream line, and alot more like a mini thunder hawk, which I quite like the idea of.

As for the Dreadnought- Wow!! The Blood Talons are amazing and I absolutely love the Magna Grapple-it really looks right to me, as though it could easily grab onto a tank with enough power purchase to then pull said tank along, consider me sold on at least one of those release day :-)

FOXX

since when is any imperial flier streamlined?

My opinion has completely reversed...

I thought the storm-raven was ugly and the new furioso kit gorgeous. It's almost the opposite now ;).

I now adore the storm-raven and even if some people don't like the vent and the "bubble" turret, I do. I think it makes it look more like a Gun-ship and less like a Land-raider on red-bull (aka has wings)... It looks easily customisable and a great model to paint up as a centre-peice. I can already tell that the paint-jobs/conversions/modelling of it are going to be awesome :thanks:

The furioso though :/... This image let's me down a bit. To me (and it IS just my opinion), the blood-talons look awful flimsy although elegant, but elegance isn't something I immediately think of when someone mentions Space-Marines to me (even artistic chapters like the Blood Angels). I'm sure thought that once painted the model could look amazing as well :(

As a last point, those Magna-Grapples are HILARIOUS to me :P!... I can't be the only one who thought of Pixars Wall-e when I saw them :P? I can imagine it now, our proud, venerable Furioso Dreadnoughts picking up litter :L

As I said, just me $0.02

Malatox

That StormRaven just keeps on looking better and better. I can't wait to get my hands on at least 2 of them. One in DC colours and one standard. And by the looks of it, there is ample space for customization.. YAY!

The Magna Grapple is... well, it just is. Pity, as I also though it will look more like Scorpions weapon in Mortal Combat. Have you also noticed that the Magna grapple have 2 grapples... hmmm maybe it should be Twin-Linked... :thanks: here's hoping! :(

As a last point, those Magna-Grapples are HILARIOUS to me :P !... I can't be the only one who thought of Pixars Wall-e when I saw them :P ? I can imagine it now, our proud, venerable Furioso Dreadnoughts picking up litter :L

Ha-Ha  :) WALL-E's big brother making litter of Emperor's enemies. 

Overall, I like how Furioso looks like. I wish there were any shots of Libby one, but this one is also good.

Regarding SR, it looks fine. The turret is sort of a setback, but I decided to convert it when the first SR images were leaked. 

The more I see of the Stormraven, the more I like it.

To be, it is a bit like the the US Army A-10 Warthog ( http://www.kbvp.com/sites/default/files/im...ass.preview.jpg )

Butt ugly, you wonder how the thing can fly, but it's tough as nails and brings terror to the enemy because it comes it low and fast and carries heavy weapons. Much like the Stormraven.

It looks practical, made for speed and to deliver it's payload under a hail of fire. The front heavy mounting of the weapons really adds to it's aggressive nature and the way it's designed I can see it fly, the front opening up all it's weapons while out of the open back the Dreadnought and 10 blood-hungry Blood Angels jump out to finish the job the weapons on the front left unfinished.

And the prices I saw.. €50+/- for the SR and €30+/- for the Dread makes me realise that my desire to have 3 Stormravens and 3 Dreads (to build a 1500-2000 points Stormraven Assault army) will mean I will use my model buying budget for half of 2011 on it :-)

Me is a happy hobbyist! :-D

YEAH, BABY! With different angles SRs look awesome!

I like how Hurricane Bolters are placed. That's what I was thinking as well. So there is no place left to attach the converted LCs. Seems like the turret has to stay. But now I don't care I like it the way it is.

i tell ya what, i am falling for the storm raven, its lookin better and better every time i look at it. alot of people are complaining about the gun turret, but to me it reminds me of AA guns and the bubble turrets from ww2 aand such <snip>

I respect that.

It reminds me too much of the original razorback models. Leave the enclosed top turrets for the Eldar. It is a signature look for them.

Question for Ancient God (or anyone who else who has handled the furioso kit) - how hard would it be to magnetize the left arm? I just saw the pic w/ the frag cannon on the GW website and I'm loving it but i'd also like to the option of two Blood Talons. I'm thinking rare earth magnet on the side of the hull and a metal washer glued to the socket of the arm would do the trick.

A small point but I thought this was worth noting...

There are 4 fist parts 1 pair #22 for bloodfist CCW and #23 for Blood Talon CCW.

There are 8 x Part #20 (or fingers for the BF's)

There are 6 x Part # 24 (or fingers for the BT's)

The BT's required 2 x part #20 to complete the BT CCW... leaving 3 only to complete the Blood fist leaving either (depending on your choice of build) incomplete.

A pressure mold of 2 x part #20 will ammend this issue and allow for interchangeable DCCW's

Interesting to see that on the pictures of the stormraven sprues (on GW site) that there is only BA and (what i assume is) GK iconography (book and sword)... no other space marine chapters.

According to the fluff, this is what it should be.

I know that there are rumours giving the SR to other chapters as well,

but personally I wouldn't believe it untill I see it printed in black & white. ;)

Question for Ancient God (or anyone who else who has handled the furioso kit) - how hard would it be to magnetize the left arm? I just saw the pic w/ the frag cannon on the GW website and I'm loving it but i'd also like to the option of two Blood Talons. I'm thinking rare earth magnet on the side of the hull and a metal washer glued to the socket of the arm would do the trick.

You don't even need to magnetise at all. The arms all fit tightly around the shoulder knobs, just like on the Venerable Dread kit.

Can you think of any way to change the Dread from a regular furioso to a Libby one? The arm with force weapon it's the easy part...but the sarcophagus... I want 3 dreads. But sometimes i want to use them as regular furiosos others i may want to use them as libbys.

Maybe using the libby sarcophagous and painting blue only on the weapon?

Can you think of any way to change the Dread from a regular furioso to a Libby one? The arm with force weapon it's the easy part...but the sarcophagus... I want 3 dreads. But sometimes i want to use them as regular furiosos others i may want to use them as libbys.

When I'll get one in my hands I'll see if I can somehow magnetise the front panel to swap between librarian or regular Furioso.

Also IMO the fact that the Magna graple does not require glue is a plus.

Interesting to see that on the pictures of the stormraven sprues (on GW site) that there is only BA and (what i assume is) GK iconography (book and sword)... no other space marine chapters.

And I hope it stays like that. We didn't get the Legion of the Damned, they should not get the Stormraven. That's life.

Snorri

PS:

I got to see the sprues yesterday in my local GW, and both of them are indeed very awesome. And yes, there are only BA and GK iconography included. What a pity that there aren't any symbols for Flesh Tearers, Angels Sanguine, Angels Encarmine and so forth, it was a great opportunity for GW to support our successor chapters as well.

The Furioso is the most awesome thing I've seen in a while, the amount of bits is amazing and it just looks too cool. And I want a Libby dread. I'd probably never use it, but I want one. Or three. Hell, GW did a freakin' good job on this. :cuss

When I'll get one in my hands I'll see if I can somehow magnetise the front panel to swap between librarian or regular Furioso.

Also IMO the fact that the Magna graple does not require glue is a plus.

What i pictured on the magna grapple would be a Fist just shooting off! :) I'll probably convert one dread to DC Dread with one fist shooting. The thing with the sarcophagous is that it is the whole front panel...won't it mess with the main structure to magnetize?

By the way where can one get the magnets for the job? What magnets do you use for small stuff like arms, guns and someke launchers?

The thing with the sarcophagous is that it is the whole front panel...won't it mess with the main structure to magnetize?

By the way where can one get the magnets for the job? What magnets do you use for small stuff like arms, guns and someke launchers?

If the sarcophagous is the same as any plastic dread (which I think it is) this won't be a problem. IIRC it holds pretty well on its own, without the front panel.

As for the magnets, mine are 4mm in diameter and I found them on Ebay.

True but I like them as long as they do not have duplo wings and engines :P

I do not agree with you, IMHO it is as "Astartish" as it can get, but your opinion is well respected. :)

The thing with the sarcophagous is that it is the whole front panel...won't it mess with the main structure to magnetize?

If the sarcophagous is the same as any plastic dread (which I think it is) this won't be a problem. IIRC it holds pretty well on its own, without the front panel.

This is not the case. if you see the sprues on thw GW site you can see the sarcophagous is included in the whole front panel

This is not the case. if you see the sprues on thw GW site you can see the sarcophagous is included in the whole front panel

I probably have not made myself clear...

I don't mean just the sarcophagous but the whole front panel.

The torso of the dreadnought consists of 1 back, 1 top, 1 bottom, 2 side panels and a front one.

I'm guessing that there won't be any problem regarding the stability of the model if the front one is interchangeable with magnets or any other means.

Archived