You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332056-crusading-against-necrons/?do=findComment&comment=4687105

When it only took 5 posts from Black Templars before we got the tactics down to:

Shoot a bit, then Chop.

Chop the shooty ones. Chop the choppy ones. Chop the deamons, the xenos, the witches, the knights, the titans... Chop everything!!! Templar Waaaggghhhhh for the Emperor!!!

Edit: burn whatever's left.

Initiate to his Neophyte on bolter tactics... This is your bolter, it goes brrrttt and stuff explodes. There's a switch on the side here, it makes it not brrrttt as much as it should. Do not touch it. Your bolter has one purpose, it's to gauge how long it should take you to get close enough to the enemy and smash them in the head with it. Run as fast as you can where you're told to run and hold the trigger while pointing your bolter at the enemy, when it stops going brrrttt you better be smashing heads in with it.

Okay I'm done now

Edited by AndrewChristlieb

... when someone asks about librarian conclaves and Templars on this board and you think "what an unusual attempt at suicide".

I'm never going to live down that heresy, might have to anoint myself in the blood of 40,000 witches.

Don't do that! The foul witches' tainted blood may be mutagens, potentially perverting the perfect body you received via Dorn's genetic legacy!

Just incinerate the witches' mutated remains with your flamer or meltagun. You DO have flame or melta weapons, right?

... when someone asks about librarian conclaves and Templars on this board and you think "what an unusual attempt at suicide".

I'm never going to live down that heresy, might have to anoint myself in the blood of 40,000 witches.

Don't do that! The foul witches' tainted blood may be mutagens, potentially perverting the perfect body you received via Dorn's genetic legacy!

Just incinerate the witches' mutated remains with your flamer or meltagun. You DO have flame or melta weapons, right?

Affirmative brother, what son of Dorn and Crusader of Sigismund's legacy does not have melta and weapons of the holy flame. Emperor above! I have one on our revered armouries Land Raider Crusader 'Thunder of an Angry God' and then many Initiates of our Crusade drop from the skies with them. Ready to smite our enemy's armour!

Ha, I love it, I watched a 500 point game the other day.

Chaos Lord (:furious:) in Terminator Armour with Meltagun.

5 man Marine Squad.

5 man Beserker Squad.

Deamon engine with 2 Hades Autocannons, the wierd walky one.

Against a Mech and Skitari army.

Priest.

10 man Skit squad.

Onegar.

The Chaos scum got creamed. Its scary how many shots that Skitari squad can put out. But back to my point... I think your 20 plus Black Templars could take em.

Just read these "proposed 8th" rules and almost cheared to hear about the charge bonus, the movement changes etc.

Our "Castellans of the Imperium" Black Tide stopped being a tide and became "The Black Tsunami."

Please let us Move - Run - Charge - Strike first. We are the most ZEALOUS warriors the Imperium has, I would even take a BS drop to gain a bigger edge in Combat. :yes:

It could be a "Themed Army" Bonus, Black Templar Crusader Squads subtract 1 from their BS but may declare a charge even after carrying out a Run move.

Edited by SCOTT_FRANCIS

Just read these "proposed 8th" rules and almost cheared to hear about the charge bonus, the movement changes etc.

Our "Castellans of the Imperium" Black Tide stopped being a tide and became "The Black Tsunami."

Please let us Move - Run - Charge - Strike first. We are the most ZEALOUS warriors the Imperium has, I would even take a BS drop to gain a bigger edge in Combat. :yes:

It could be a "Themed Army" Bonus, Black Templar Crusader Squads subtract 1 from their BS but may declare a charge even after carrying out a Run move.

Did you just say we could run AND charge?! I just let out a squeak of excitement! That makes the Crusader SR (if it still exists) so much better!

Please let us Move - Run - Charge - Strike first. We are the most ZEALOUS warriors the Imperium has, I would even take a BS drop to gain a bigger edge in Combat. :yes:

Did you just say we could run AND charge?! I just let out a squeak of excitement! That makes the Crusader SR (if it still exists) so much better!

He didn't say we could, just hoping we get something like that. All we really know are a few core rule changes like charging first and save modifiers.

NO. NO. NO, I DID NOT.

I wish we could, but as Lysere said, we only have a few "this is what we are thinking" rules changes. Although it was GW that said it.

When you buy an airbrush so you can batch paint the black tsunami.

That's it, I think we have enough ZEAL, "The Castellans of the Imperium" is enough for me to call it.

We were the Black Tide, I think with the never ending (depending on dice roll) Troops, we have the 'Black Tsunami'.

Both Castellan Cynebald and I have used the term in the last few posts, thats's a call and a second.

Official? :woot:

Black Templars

Castellans of the Imperium Detachment.

His Black Tsunami 

Edited by SCOTT_FRANCIS