You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

Lets see what you guys have! Mine are sub-par, hopefully you can get some better ones.

..you see a 1500pt limit as 1360pt, and 1000 as 860pt etc..

..you step on a bug with a zealous smile.

..you see Marshal Laeroth make a gunline list and start twitching. :geek:

..all your Neophyte models are worn from having taken them out of combat so many times.

...your dice are worn out from heavy use in close combat. "Okay, 26 attacks for the Initiates, re-rolls to hit; 30 attacks for the Neophytes..."

...you can recite the Vows from memory.

...you have disdain for your opponent's army because they took a Librarian filthy psyker in one game that you weren't even involved in.

On that note:

...you refuse to ask a real life Librarian for help.

Edited by KhorneHunter57x

That one I like! lol

-Dono

+1 nicely done.

And hush Laeroth. ;)

Sigismund watches you as you make those lists! Dare you shame him!

I kid of course.... :geek:

You know when you're a Black Templar when....

-Your Emperors Champion single handedly charges an Avatar (stupid damn failed negotiations scenario)

You know you're an awesome Black Templar when...

-That same Emperors Champion wins! (not me :geek: )

-Dono

Edited by Dono1979

when people ask why you have a iron cross scribbled on all your stuff.

when you hear about religious genocide and it gives you ideas for Crusade fluff.

when all your undershirts are black.

when people give you weird looks for telling them to get out of your city.

when you wont talk to the GPS in your car.

when you hate anything that reminds you of wolves.

when you hate emos and goths for being lame chaos worshiper wannabes.

when you plan on visiting the Baltic just for Terrain ideas.

You wear a cross of Maltese necklace just about every day.

cry out your vows at the beginning of every game with your army.

Watch Kingdom of Heaven when you are modeling your troops.

You begin muttering verses when your troops get into close combat

Your Emperor's Champion has killed every kind of Independent Character or Monstrous Creature in the game.

You know you're a Black Templar when...

- You make an awesome thread like this one.

- You have an intense hatred for Eldar because not only are they xenos, they are filthy witches too.

- You sometimes wonder if your cats are actually xenos psyker kittens sent to try and kill you.

- You know that despite GW's professed love for Ultramarines, they secretly love us the best. (We have more two page full color spreads in the BRB, just about as many pics of our models fighting stuff, our High Marshal is front and center on the "Choose your country" front page of GW's site, and we are the only Second Founding chapter to have our own Codex.)

- When watching TV and the show talks about people who are supposed to be psychic you have the urge to purge them for being witches

- After reading Helsreach you want to scrape off the Aquila's on all your marines and put a Templar Cross there so you aren't mistaken for a "lesser chapter"

- You named the Marshal of your Crusade after one of the actual Knights Templar Grand Masters (< - Guilty)

Edit forgot one

...your dice are worn out from heavy use in close combat. "Okay, 26 attacks for the Initiates, re-rolls to hit; 30 attacks for the Neophytes..."

To go along with that.... You need more than one brick of Chessex dice to make your attacks both on the turn you charge and the turn after

Edited by Acebaur

You know you're a Black Templar when...

To go along with that.... You need more than one brick of Chessex dice to make your attacks both on the turn you charge and the turn after

Guilty as charged

You know you're a Black Templar when:

-Your Emperor's Champion has killed more Dreads than all of your amy's Meltaguns combined

-You fearlessly charge into CC with a Furioso Dread

-Your Crusader squad makes all their 6+ Invulnerable saves against Logan Grimnar in CC, when he charges, and win the Assault

-You no longer claim that naming your sons Ludoldos, Gervhart, and Navarre is pure "Coincidence"

-Your license plate reads "RYTSZL", "SUFRNT", or "AACNMO"

-You go to church to learn more about your army, but can't find the guy with long hair in your Codex

..you see Marshal Laeroth make a gunline list and start twitching. :P

Need I remind you on page 9 of the Black Templars Codex it is stated that an equally destructive and common tactic used by the Black Templars is the armoured spearhead in which they make extensive use of Land Speeders, bikes, and armored colums? Overaggressive brutal power, whether it come from the crackling power blade or the roar of a Predator Autocannon, is what makes a Black Templar, not the simple minded ideology of tossing your lascannon to the ground and charging at the chaos Land Raider with a chainsword simply because of a feeble preference. Black Templars aren't so foolish that they would sacrifice tactics and and good astartes over a 'prefrence' unlike some more childish chapters (im talking about you, space wolves!) Destroy their vehicles and fortresses then slaughter the stragglers with your blades.

Besides, was it not the crusaders of old who used tribuchet's and battering rams to weaken their foes and tear down their city walls before pouring in and purifying those left to stand?

There is no honor in a senseless sacrifice but their is much honor in the strength of mind and the courage of heart.

There is a time and place for everything, all you need learn is when that time is.

(apologies if I got carried away. :) )

Edited by noctus cornix

- You have around 50 custom dice with the Maltese Cross on the 6 face

- You have custom trays for your case, with 'Black Templars' inscribed on them

(In conjunction with the previous)

- You have custom foam 'toppers' with Black Templar designs on it

- You have allot of drawings of zealous warriors, Maltese Crosses and skulls in your writing book for school

- You talk with disgust about other chapters, they are not the Emperor's finest (especially the Salamanders, after reading Helsreach)

- You have read Helsreach multiple times, and still get the chills in some sections of the book

..you see Marshal Laeroth make a gunline list and start twitching. :P

Need I remind you on page 9 of the Black Templars Codex it is stated that an equally destructive and common tactic used by the Black Templars is the armoured spearhead in which they make extensive use of Land Speeders, bikes, and armored colums? Overaggressive brutal power, whether it come from the crackling power blade or the roar of a Predator Autocannon, is what makes a Black Templar, not the simple minded ideology of tossing your lascannon to the ground and charging at the chaos Land Raider with a chainsword simply because of a feeble preference. Black Templars aren't so foolish that they would sacrifice tactics and and good astartes over a 'prefrence' unlike some more childish chapters (im talking about you, space wolves!) Destroy their vehicles and fortresses then slaughter the stragglers with your blades.

Besides, was it not the crusaders of old who used tribuchet's and battering rams to weaken their foes and tear down their city walls before pouring in and purifying those left to stand?

There is no honor in a senseless sacrifice but their is much honor in the strength of mind and the courage of heart.

There is a time and place for everything, all you need learn is when that time is.

(apologies if I got carried away. :) )

You know you're a Black Templar when:

-You throw away your lascannon so you can charge that Chaos LandRaider with your chainsword...and win

-Honor dictates your selfless sacrifice for the Emperor

-Your bolt pistol is named "Time" and your chainsword "Place"

:P

This is gold :wallbash:

Let's see, my contribution....

~ You know you're a Templar when you think Commissars are too soft hearted

~...when you have stabbed a dice with a sword and cursed it as a coward when coming up 1

~...you're the only one in the doctor's office without a look of surprise when the X-Rays reveal your internal organs have been replaced with pure hatred

~...kittens stop speaking and plotting the downfall of humanity out of sheer terror when you enter the room

~...the song "Paint it Black" causes you sexual arousal

~...your signature requires the use of a sword

~...you have a shrine of at least medium size and no less than 5 candles devoted to ADB in your house

~...you'll pay the points to use an under effective biker unit equipped with lances in spite of improved Fast Attack choices after the latest FAQ ;)

~...you have spent countless hours trying to figure out a way to make Lightning Claws look more sword like

~...you'd rather carry 5 swords than one lascannon

~...you can do more damage with one sword than 5 lascannons

Edit: ~...you're Landraider Crusader was not bought at an Ad Mech Used Tanks lot

Edited by Firepower

~ Your army is all Infantry (Dreads are Infantry) and win, despite everyone telling you that such a thing is "impossible!"

~ You shrug at your friends all DC army, despite is having more almost as many power weapons as troops.

~ The only mode of winning a scenario in your opinion is to "Kill them all"

~ You don't discriminate, everyone is an enemy and thats how you prefer it.

~...you have spent countless hours trying to figure out a way to make Lightning Claws look more sword like

- And when that fails you decide, to hell with WYSIWYG, you are going to use it as a "counts as" equipment

- You named the Marshal of your Crusade after one of the actual Knights Templar Grand Masters (< - Guilty)

You are my new favorite person on the internet.

- You aqcuire fans for doing things like this(Thanks by the way!)

- You have more LRC's in your collection than Rhino's

- You are afraid to carry all of your army in one transport case because you aren't sure if the case can handle that much Righteous power

Going along with that

- If you also play a xenos army(Traitor!) you don't put them in the same case as you know you won't have any xenos models left when you open them back up at the store.

And...

- You refuse to play as a xenos army because they are... well.. xenos

- When you got a t-shirt dirty you thought about destroying it because we should "Suffer not the unclean to live"

- When you talk about your army with your friends, you use all first person pronouns (I, we, us)

Edited by Acebaur

You know you're a Templar when.....

The first shirt you buy for your son when he is born sports a picture of the emperors champion on the front, and reads FOR THE EMPEROR! In blood red on the back..... <-- Guilty

Your friends wont invite you to any more magic shows after what happened.

You don't care that it was a childrens' show, they should all know better anyway.

i laughed for a good 5 minutes after reading this one.

"and now kids for my next trick i wi- WITCH!!!!!! (tackled)"

best part is the kids prolly joined in and then you can recruit them all. acolytes that follow you around and carry all your stuff.

Sigged for total win-ness.

when you hear about religious genocide and it gives you ideas for Crusade fluff.

Okay, yuck.

- You know that despite GW's professed love for Ultramarines, they secretly love us the best. (We have more two page full color spreads in the BRB, just about as many pics of our models fighting stuff, our High Marshal is front and center on the "Choose your country" front page of GW's site, and we are the only Second Founding chapter to have our own Codex.)

And neither our brother chapter (C. Fists) nor our founding chapter (I. Fists) have a 'Dex of their own! We're the REAL Sons of Dorn!

- When you talk about your army with your friends, you use all first person pronouns (I, we, us)

I am so incredibly guilty of this.

Your friends wont invite you to any more magic shows after what happened.

This one took me a minute, then I laughed so hard coffee came out of my nose.

Right...

You know your a Templar when

- Your wife says she can "read your mind" and you blurt out, "heretic witch!".

- When travelling on an airplane, you're not allowed to carry your personal holy symbol.

- Or the automatic weapon you have it chained to.

- You see a marine armed with a bolter and think, "what a waste of a perfectly good model".

- While at your local game store, you see an LRC modded to look Chaos-y. When the cops arrive five minutes later, they need to taser you to pull you off the chaos player.

- You write your army lists longhand. With a fountain pen. On vellum. By candlelight. In the gothic chapel you built to house your crusade.