You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

• 2 weeks later...

This thread still exists!

When you see new sisters and realize that you finally have a good army to support you.

When the only imperial guard you want to ally with is Krieg because they have just the right amount of Zeal.

When you are wondering should you drop money to buy a giant 40 man mass carrier because it gets just enough troops to the front lines.

When, on Vigilus, and sharing a Dining Facility with other Sons of Dorn, you Chappy Firepower sitting by himself, thanking the Emperor for a hot meal, and then a Chaplain from the Hammers of Dorn sits down to join him. You look over at your Neophyte, and tell him to get ready...

When coming back to 8th Edition you are told Terminators are bad especially assault, and your immediate thought is "You are just not: A. Using them right or B. Using enough of them."

Well said.

Arm them with appropriate close combat weapons- and Cyclone missile launchers, so they may suppress fire from enemies too cowardly to face them in close combat. Embark them aboard a Caestus assault ram. Use orbital bombardment or an artillery barrage to soften enemy defenses just before your Terminators are deployed- give the enemy minimum warning before the battle, while not having your men waste too much time breaking down walls in order to reach the enemy.

Fight with ZEAL.

NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-ChaosReveal16jvfah

You look at this chap and think:

Isn't that that Tim chap we followed that time to the killer rabbit's lair before I killed it with this here holy hand grenade < ???

I doubt the Templars would knowingly tolerate an obvious Chaos worshiper's presence. If Tim ran into an actual Templar, he'll have to submit to the Chaplain's thorough (an possibly invasive) examination; if any sign of Chaos-taint is found, Tim will be lucky if the Holy Orb of Antioch blows him to pieces, as that would be a quick (if agonizing) death.

NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-ChaosReveal16jvfah

You look at this chap and think:

Isn't that that Tim chap we followed that time to the killer rabbit's lair before I killed it with this here holy hand grenade < ???

Funny my first thought was:

"Oh look a Heretic." *Burn baby Burn starts to play*

• 2 weeks later...

After watching RWBY, you immediately ask a Black Templars Techmarine for aid in designing and building a bolt rifle with a retractable eviscerator blade, a folding grip that becomes a sword hilt, and a retractable buttstock that becomes a pommel, so your primary weapon can be used for both ranged and close combat.

And instead of screaming, "What you propose is tech-heresy, an insult to the Emperor Omnissiah! I'll have no part in this!" the Techmarine says, "Your idea has merit, but it needs refinement- you neglected to incorporate a flamer component, so you may cleanse the tainted with purifying flames, in addition to boltshell and chainblade. I will help you."

Cue "

". Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Ahhhh yes, another RWBY fan! Cheers Bjorn.

You know youre a happy Templar when, after testing out a list that features both the sword brethren and the indomitus crusaders detachment you think "wow this is actually pretty powerful, I may need to actually tone this down for friendly games!" More to come on that note brothers ;)

When your opponent sends two knights (errant and a warden) to charge your marshal, company vets, and Helbrecht and you laugh because it’s right where you want him.

For context my marshal proceeded to tank their attacks allowing my sword brethren to destroy one knight, with the marshal wounding another. Not to be outdone the remaining knight charged Helbrecht, after defeating the marshal in the following round, and Helbrecht rolled a six for his combi-melts overwatch, wounding and stripping the last six wounds off the remaining knight.

You're as determined to make your Marines "More Choppy!" (to use a vulgar Ork term) as an Iron Hands player is to give his Marines "More Dakka!"

The result? You arm the Emperor's Champion with a full-sized Imperial Knight's reaper chainsword- yes, he can wield a weapon twice as long as he is tall, because his faith grants him the necessary strength. You convert a full-sized rapid-fire battle cannon into a crozius for the Chaplain- the weapon does not need to fire high explosive shells, as faith in the Emperor is more powerful in battle. You arm the Captain with a full-sized thunderstrike gauntlet- yes, a weapon larger than his entire body- to honor a loyal Primarch who fought to defend the REAL Imperium when his Father needed him, not the lazy bum who sat on his posterior in the "Imperium Secundus" while the Arch-Traitor put the Emperor's realm to the torch.

You know you're a son of Dorn (I don't play BTs, but can certainly appreciate our brethren!) when you join a rugby club called "Crusaders" and your first thought is "No pity! No remorse! No fear!", swiftly followed by the realisation that you're literally part of a Crusader Squad...

You know you're a son of Dorn (I don't play BTs, but can certainly appreciate our brethren!) when you join a rugby club called "Crusaders" and your first thought is "No pity! No remorse! No fear!", swiftly followed by the realisation that you're literally part of a Crusader Squad...

Well said. Do you play the Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, Iron Knights, another canon Chapter, or your own original Chapter?

Well said. Do you play the Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, Iron Knights, another canon Chapter, or your own original Chapter?

My own homebrew chapter - the Emperor's Blades!

• 2 weeks later...