You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

KS-mounted-full-featured.jpg

You don't fix chainsaw bayonets to your guns, as the former weapon tends to a have short blade that doesn't justify its weight, which threaten to warp the gun barrel and ruin the latter weapon's accuracy.

glockmount.jpg

You fix pistol grips to your chainsword, and am consulting a Techmarine on the optimal way of mounting the ranged weapon to the melee one, in a way that doesn't impede either weapon's functionality.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

By all that is holy. I return to the board under new account after couple of years, and this thread is still going on? 
You know you're a black templar, when even a word bearer like me, looks at your eternal crusade with jealousy.

9 hours ago, Diabolist Jonathan said:

By all that is holy. I return to the board under new account after couple of years, and this thread is still going on? 
You know you're a black templar, when even a word bearer like me, looks at your eternal crusade with jealousy.

Still going after 11 years, making it an older member on this board than I am

• 3 weeks later...

The thread has a year and a half on me xD

... when you watch an Auspex Tactics "Angron vs The World" episode and since you're playing a local Crusade with Templars (obviously), you decide to calculate an EC's chances against Angry Ron.

... when you grin with pride as it turns out that the Emperor's Champion, on a charge, rerolling hits and wounds, fighting first, using Thrusting Strikes, has an about 20-25% of a chance of wrecking Angry Ron's face from the get go (all 6 dmg 3 attacks hit and wound and are not saved, doing exactly the 18W Angron has). 

Obviously, then the EC gets blended with 12 triple-attacks or 12 attacks that each do D3+3 dmg... But before he exeunts, stage left, for the mere price of 2CP - the EC fights again, raising his chances of offing Angsty Ron to 40-45%. And he costs literally a quarter (90 vs 360 pts) of what Ronnie Boy there does! :D

+ THAT'S THE POWER OF ZEAL! +

4 hours ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

Somebody had something good to say about our champion… I think I just died and went to Valhalla !!!

Oh, no, that's my test, Auspex just inspired me to pit EC vs Angron and it turns out that EC has a very decent chance of killing Angron outright and not even letting him swing - and otherwise almost 50/50 to die and kill as well.

On 12/31/2022 at 1:50 PM, Bjorn Firewalker said:

You don't fix chainsaw bayonets to your guns, as the former weapon tends to a have short blade that doesn't justify its weight, which threaten to warp the gun barrel and ruin the latter weapon's accuracy.

glockmount.jpg

You fix pistol grips to your chainsword, and am consulting a Techmarine on the optimal way of mounting the ranged weapon to the melee one, in a way that doesn't impede either weapon's functionality.

Modern (safety) problems require modern solutions

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

When you owned a mere 1k of Black Templars ten years prior, and then you do a full-on HARD reset of your overgrown 40k hobby (I sold  off 20k of space marine armies) and the ONLY thought in your mind going forward is Sigismund, the glory of the crusade, and BLACK TEMPLARS!!

Edited by Eilio Tiberius

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 12:50 PM, Bjorn Firewalker said:

glockmount.jpg

Is it bad that I need this IRL?