You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

YKYABTW

You swear a might oath to finish your AT Army before Saturday. When the decks must be cleared for the Templar painting to (re)commence.

Or, even better, you swear to finish some Black Templars for Saturday so that you can paint more Black Templars :P

When you find an old metal chaos space marine sourcerer model, painting it, then smearing lighter fluid on its legs, setting it aflame and taking a picture of it because it would make for a cool avatar pic.

Great idea! Once the flames die out, you should repaint the half-melted Chaos Sorcerer model a slimy color, and mount him on the Emperor's Champion's base, to show how faith in His Immortal Majesty allows the Templars to triumph over all challenges.

The backstory: The sorcerer swore to his false gods he'd crush your Emperor's Champion; he failed; to punish him for his failure, the Chaos Gods mutated the sorcerer into a molten-looking mass of slime.

.. when your kids want to play sword fights (plastic swords) you accept the challenge, duck into the office room and quickly print off two A4 sheets with giant black Maltese crosses on them and sellotape them to your shoulders, shout For the Emperor! (in a low tone not to freak out nextdoor)  and charge them both.

I have pics. lol .

They thought it was epic. The other half had some names for me, after recovering from laughing. 

.. when your kids want to play sword fights (plastic swords) you accept the challenge, duck into the office room and quickly print off two A4 sheets with giant black Maltese crosses on them and sellotape them to your shoulders, shout For the Emperor! (in a low tone not to freak out nextdoor)  and charge them both.

I have pics. lol .

They thought it was epic. The other half had some names for me, after recovering from laughing. 

Oh yeah, back when my wife and I were dating her siblings were little (she was born 10 years before them) and I was asked to watch them for a bit.

I taught them how to fence properly with their toy swords. I don't know if it was the best idea, but children need to know these things.

I have pics. lol .

Oh yeah, back when my wife and I were dating her siblings were little (she was born 10 years before them) and I was asked to watch them for a bit.

I taught them how to fence properly with their toy swords. I don't know if it was the best idea, but children need to know these things.

Definitely, they need to know the pointy end goes in the xenos, the heretic and the traitor. And anything else that stands in the way of our Crusade.

• 2 weeks later...

You can use anything as a weapon with which to kill enemies of the Emperor.

Ultramarines Honor Guard (taking off his helmet for a closer look, eyes wide with disbelief): "You killed a Chaos Terminator with a sponge? A sponge?! How in the Emperor's name did you cut through Terminator armor with a sponge?!"

Black Templars Sword Brethren 1: "I thought of the sponge as a sword, and it becomes a sword. Faith in the Emperor makes all things possible."

Black Templars Sword Brethren 2: "This is but a minor achievement. Emperor's Champion Norris once destroyed a Chaos Helbrute with a sheet of toilet paper- not a roll, which may have the mass to inflict damage, if it is thrown at sufficient velocity- a single sheet. The traitor had the gall to interrupt him as he was performing ablutions."

Ultramarines Honor Guard: "Grox feces!"

Ultramarines Honor Guard (watches as the Black Templars take rolls of toilet paper out their pockets, throw the rolls straight through a Chaos Baneblade's armor, and make the superheavy tank explode): "That's absolute grox feces!"

Black Templars Sword Brethren 1: "O ye of little faith."

...when you are talking to your other half and can't help being distracted and staring at the candle burning in the glass lantern and thinking about Helbrecht and the verses of Sigismund quote 'You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows'  and Crusading.  

...when you are talking to your other half and can't help being distracted and staring at the candle burning in the glass lantern and thinking about Helbrecht and the verses of Sigismund quote 'You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows' and Crusading.

Grimaldus: "War is our wife; Death is our lover; Destruction, our children. Such is a Black Templar's life, from Sigismund's days until now."