You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

When you start noticing templar crosses in other media and find yourself wondering if the actor, producer or set designer was devout. Most recently 5th Element.

When you read about how the 13th century Templars were stabbed in the back by a greedy french king and have to fight the urge to zealously find and desecrate his grave in the name of Sigismund.

The templars were a state within the state; it's no surprise they were wiped out with the help of Philippe the Fair's pet pope. The money gained and saved was just a bonus. And Sigismund would actually condone the extermination of 'knights' more interested in counting gold coins than in fighting heathens. Black Templars becoming bankers would make him turn in his grave even more than them adopting the Imperial Creed.

But Vesper knows more than I do on the matter.

You know you're a Black Templar when you want the Imperium to pull a Philippe the Fair on the Space Wolves as opposed to your own chapter. :tongue.:

EDIT: Deus Imperator Vult, you'll be pleased to know that upon burning on the stake, the leader of the Templars cursed the French king and the pope to die within a year and they actually did die within a year.

Edited by Knight of the Raven

You know you are an OLD Black Templar when you have a post on the first page of this 63 page long thread Crusade. :laugh.:

You know you're a Templar when you've read all 63 pages to bring honor to those who have crusaded before you, and then promptly launch another Crusade.

When you see this and your eyes shine with + PURE ZEAL + because you realize that finally someone made a Crozius Arcanum for you, from a Holy Orb of Antioch and it makes you want to go a-crusadin', like yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/aNbnVMk.jpg

When you see this and NEED to buy one.

http://campaign.vacheron-constantin.com/en/patrimony-watches-elegant-thin?utm_source=AOD%20Invite%20UK&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=patrimony_oct2014-UK-EN-WAT-patrimony&utm_content=Polite%20Banner

This one even has a Templar cross on the inside. Its the Caliber 2755QP.

I NEEEEEED one of these. And I think Brother Vacheron Constantin will have to join my Crusade.

Edited by SCOTT_FRANCIS

When you're flipping through the channel list on tv and notice a movie called "Ironclad", immediately think Dreadnought and arrow to it, see that its about 13th century templars defending a castle...

It was pretty good.

I felt it was not bad. Kinda dumb in parts, almost like a samurai movie with the characters. Why the obligatory love interest? Fight scenes, of course, were where it's at.

Back to topic:

...you might be a Black Templar if You Know No Fear, but hearing the Paddleium being activated gives you the willies. (:

When you know how all of the Psy...heretic rules work so that they don't get any more advantages than their witch kind already get. Know your foe, know how to bring their ruination.

IRL: The fool thought Spell Familiar let him reroll just the failed dice instead of all of them. Gee, suddenly the little heretic could make any summoning rolls. ;p

Edited by librisrouge