You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

When the whole store starts going on and on about the Ultra-arch Witch and how I should play codex marines because of him and I reply, "I'd play Black Templars, the only real marines. They know where a payker's proper place is..in the ground."

My local GW says the exact same thing... play Ultramarines... run Tigurius... use Invisibility...

My reply usually is: Run Black Templars, Use Dedicated Land Raiders, add Culexus Assassin, noone runs Librarians anymore... then everyone avoids me like the plague for using Assassins :p

When the whole store starts going on and on about the Ultra-arch Witch and how I should play codex marines because of him and I reply, "I'd play Black Templars, the only real marines. They know where a payker's proper place is..in the ground."

My local GW says the exact same thing... play Ultramarines... run Tigurius... use Invisibility...

My reply usually is: Run Black Templars, Use Dedicated Land Raiders, add Culexus Assassin, noone runs Librarians anymore... then everyone avoids me like the plague for using Assassins :tongue.:

I need to get my hands on the rules for those assassins. One of the locals is thinking of breaking his demons out again, I need another way to remind him why that will only ever end badly for him.

When you give an oratory about the Knights of Dorn being the only chapter to stay loyal to the Commandment of Crusade from the God of the Empire of Man, blessed be he on the Golden Throne, and three players in the GW convert to Templars.

When you see four Brothers on the verge of heresy, because + HE WAS NEVER A GOD +

When you give an oratory about the Knights of Dorn being the only chapter to stay loyal to the Commandment of Crusade from the God of the Empire of Man, blessed be he on the Golden Throne, and three players in the GW convert to Templars.

When you see four Brothers on the verge of heresy, because + HE WAS NEVER A GOD +

I'm starting to see the Templars becoming the new Word Bearers if the Emperor wakes up... except the Word Bearers were weak as hell pre-heresy, and the Templars are mightier than Steel, tougher than Admantium... the Emperor might actually overlook the heresy that is currently going on with the Templars' "God-Emperor" image mainly because:

1. We have no Psykers and have carried the order of Nikea to the letter

2. We have continued the Great Crusade, unlike nearly everybody else who has decided to protect planet X for 10,000 years... even though nobody has attacked planet X for 10,000 years...

3. We have no big heretical secret unlike a few Chapters that we know of... (cough... Dark Angels... cough)

4. We are Zealous, nuff said

The only way I can see BT using such utterances:

BT: + Ah, yes! Praise be to Him on the Golden Throne! The, eeerm... God-Emperor protects! +

Eccl: Praise be, Brother Templar! *walks away*
BT (to self): :cuss me. What the :cuss has happened with this Imperium in bare :cussing ten thousand years!? Oh, well, the Galaxy won't crusade itself. :cuss those Ecclesiarchy gits. We crusaded Terra once, we can always come back and mess them up again.

The Templars really showed the Xeno scum known as the Tau how dangerous Zeal and Hatred can really be.

Bike squad runs down a firewarrior team in a single round with a mighty sweeping advance.

Next turn the Sword Brother issues a challenge to the ethereal in another firewarrior team.

Said Sword Brother rams the ethereal with his bike before ramming his power lance through the xeno commander's chest so hard that it pierced the firewarrior behind him as well.

When the Castellan and his troops are forced to disembark from the wrecks of their rhinos after their first turn. The Commander and his men then march through enemy pulse fire for two full turns, over half the crusaders are cut down, the Techmarine is critically injured, and the Castellan is left just shy of an assault. Seeing the gun line before him the Castellan rallies the second crusader squad to him and, standing side by side with the Sword Brother, he charges through the hail of fire. In a single assault phase the Castellan and Sword Brother hit with every single attack rolling almost nothing but sixes, wound with all but one swing, and route what was left of the firewarrior team in a single round. No sweeping advance, no morale checks, utter annihilation from the commander and one of the best Sword Brethren of the crusade.

When a crippled and heavily damaged whirlwind opts to tank shock a squad of stealth suits and forces them to fall back through sheer Zeal.

When the game ends, all that survives of each army is a handful of models on what's left of the objectives, the Templar's are ahead by a handful of points, and you look at your opponent and say, "That's how we do things."

You want to finish your xeno Tau army and end up with Templars in your hand. ( I really need ro finish them have a game next month.)

And when there is rumours of a new codex next year and you start saving up hoping its a Templar one.

The Emperor will provide!

Edited by Sete

The only way I can see BT using such utterances:

BT: + Ah, yes! Praise be to Him on the Golden Throne! The, eeerm... God-Emperor protects! +

Eccl: Praise be, Brother Templar! *walks away*

BT (to self): :censored: me. What the :censored: has happened with this Imperium in bare :cussing ten thousand years!? Oh, well, the Galaxy won't crusade itself. :censored: those Ecclesiarchy gits. We crusaded Terra once, we can always come back and mess them up again.

You know you're a son of Sigismund when you know the only time a Templar would utter the word 'god' is to prop up the moral of the uninitiated who lack the strength and Zeal of his true sons.

Newest Dex says otherwise. And besides, the Emperor:

- Exists primarily in the immaterium

- Has power capable of matching the other four known Gods simultaneously

- Can bless his subjects on remote worlds making them capable of miracles

- has churches devoted to his praise

- has more believers than any other known diety

Sounds like a God to me.

The Imperial truth was a nice concept, to say there was no magic or Demons, but did anyone notice that the second the Imperium tried to say that, it was beset on all sides by...

SORCERORS AND DEMONS

Even if The Emperor was not a god to begin with, the 40k universe allows new gods to be born through psychic manifestation of their followers (ie Slaanesh). Since the Heresy their has been enough faith placed in the emperor to make a new god in the warp.

So yes, I see why you don't like GW changing your fluff, but I  disagree. And most importantly, you can't have a holy crusade without a religion. Otherwise its just manifest destiny.

BTW

You know you're a Black Templar when you are at work arguing the divinity of the Emperor online.

You know you are a black templar when you stick to the topic and leave the philosophising to lesser chapters (or at least the appropriate threads ;) )

Can't we all just crusade in his name? It's the ZEAL that counts

You know you are a black templar when you stick to the topic and leave the philosophising to lesser chapters (or at least the appropriate threads :wink: )

Can't we all just crusade in his name? It's the ZEAL that counts

You know you are a Black Templar when you settle religious and philosophical debates by killing heretics and witches in his name and seeing who has more Zeal.

You know you're a Black Templar when...

...your chainsword breaks from overuse and become a slightly dissatisfying club.

... you've no problem using the bolt pistol as a makeshift flail when it runs out of ammo (devotion chains FTW).

... strangling Xenos with devotion chains is described as a perfectly legitimate way to inspire lesser minded beings (because they'll be next should they falter and allow the Xenos to live... friggin heretics).

When you hear that "DA are more like SW or BT than BA" and immediately your ire is roused, so you post:

It's different... DA are more similar to SW or BT than BA...

Hm, really?

Dark Angels = Traitors, check. Witches, check. Xeno lovers, check. Mutants, none found yet, but they bred from a mutated planet's stock.

Space Wolves = Traitors, no. Witches, check. Xeno lovers, check. Mutants, check.

Blood Angels = Traitors, no. Witches, check. Xeno lovers, no. Mutants, check.

Black Templars = Traitors? Witches? Xeno lovers? Mutants? + NO +

Now tell me again how Dark Angels are ANYTHING CLOSE to the Black Templars? *revvs chainsword*

Because your personal motto is

+ YOU WILL NOT LEAVE HERESY UNCHALLENGED +

Edited by Kastor Krieg

When you hear that "DA are more like SW or BT than BA" and immediately your ire is roused, so you post:

It's different... DA are more similar to SW or BT than BA...

Hm, really?

Dark Angels = Traitors, check. Witches, check. Xeno lovers, check. Mutants, none found yet, but they bred from a mutated planet's stock.
Space Wolves = Traitors, no. Witches, check. Xeno lovers, check. Mutants, check.
Blood Angels = Traitors, no. Witches, check. Xeno lovers, no. Mutants, check.
Black Templars = Traitors? Witches? Xeno lovers? Mutants? + NO +

Now tell me again how Dark Angels are ANYTHING CLOSE to the Black Templars? *revvs chainsword*

Because your personal motto is
+ YOU WILL NOT LEAVE HERESY UNCHALLENGED +

++ Alpha Protocol class Transmission ++

++ Sent from Sword of Retribution; Type: Long Range Vox ++

++ Sender: Marshal Roujakis; Vengeance Crusade ++

++ Sent to: Reclusiarch Kastor Kreig ++

Brother Chaplain,

Which thread is this HERESY from... the Black Templars must answer this challenge in force... muster the Crusades, we Suffer No Heretic to Live! And Answer Any Challenge No Matter the Odds. For Honour, For Zeal, For the Emperor!

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

++ Transmission Ends ++

++ The Emperor Protects ++

- You know you're a Templar when posts made by the ignorant (or the heretical) makes you go on a Crusade... :furious:

++ Alpha Protocol class Transmission ++
++ Sent from <ORIGIN OBSCURED>; Type: Long Range Vox ++
++ Sender: Reclusiarch Kastor Krieg; Dornian Crusade Reaction Force ++
++ Sent to: Marshal Roujakis ++

Venerable Marshal,

Forwarding direct coordinates for Exterminatus. May zeal guide you, Emperor protect you and our enemies perish before the might of the Eternal Crusade.

++ Transmission Ends ++
++ Imperator Vult ++

When your friend lets you run Sigismund in a 40k game with your Templars, he jumps out of his Land Raider on the first turn, and spends every assault phase after that in combat with a horde of demons. He was outnumbered and at a disadvantage the entire time as well.

He personally slew 3 enemy characters, one of which was a demon prince, and annihilated a squad of pink horrors after they refused to accept his challenge.

Note despite all that, he still didn't die.

Edited by Lysere

When your friend lets you run Sigismund in a 40k game with your Templars, he jumps out of his Land Raider on the first turn, and spends every assault phase after that in combat with a horde of demons. He was outnumbered and at a disadvantage the entire time as well.

He personally slew 3 enemy characters, one of which was a demon prince, and annihilated a squad of pink horrors after they refused to accept his challenge.

Note despite all that, he still didn't die.

Damn I want run siggy now. I haven't looked at his stats for a while but I remember that he's better then debater whom was pretty good at the time