Night Hunters WIP (Pic Heavy)

Oooh yeah, nice one Sock, defo need one of those!

Have worked on No.2,

Taking cover, lobbing a cheeky frag

gallery_42238_5618_1012106.jpeg

Think I am on to something, thankfully, and actually on a bit of a role, with number 3 sorted, now looking at a wall climb and a ducked running brother.......only 5 more to go!

SO, any and all "Urban Hell" poses considered!

Cheers all

FTE

Oh wow, just realised that gorilla arm has struck again!!

That will need looking at, blast.

FTE

I had a Marine kneeling with an empty boltgun in one hand, firing off at foes with his bolt pistol in the other hand.

Kneeling and reloading could also work, while another provides covering fire.

How about a wall-jumper unsheathing his combat knife and lunging for the enemy who's on the other side of the barricade?

Not sure if you want to get into scouts, but snipers in rubble are always a classic.  Wounded guys leaning up against rubble with empty weapons and nothing but a knife.... maybe with part of a recent close combat victim. I've always loved the idea of a visibly jammed up chainsword, with bone or other viscera in the chain. Dented up armor would be a neat detail.

That's an awesome idea for a squad NightHunters!

Wounded brothers would reinforced the "Under fire, suppressed" vibe you want to achieve like rednekkboss suggested. How about one guy dragging a critically wounded brother. The dragging one should leaned forward, holding his weapon loosely like he's entirely focused on bringing his buddy into cover. The wounded could be limp or offering cover with a sidearm or something.

Since you use walls and stuff on your bases, how about one were the wall just got blown of and the marine behind it is shielding himself from shrapnel with arm?

Great job so far, keep it up!

Oh Hell yes.

I've always been a fan of a pose that utilized the terrrain as a barrier, eg. making a marine that's pushing up under some huge piece of rubble to make cover for his brothers, while shots explode on the opposite side. if you did something like this it would literally make my day omg. :biggrin.:

Evening all!

rednekkboss: Yeah avoiding Scouts at the mo but you are absolutely right. And yes to wounded marine, although in my head these guys are not close enough for blades, pinned in no-mans land. Fascinating idea though and have been wracking my mind on how to portray a ruined/jammed chainsword, maybe with the chain itself sheared?

jpwyrm: Cracking ideas fella, worked on a marine pulling a wounded brother years (like a decade) ago, most taxing at the time but very tempted to try again! And i know exactly what you mean about on the marine shielding himself from shrapnel, have no idea where to start but will think on it some more!

Argent Aquilla; Great one, what should he be hefting, an entire wall may look like he is just resting against it. Steal panel maybe? Rhino door? something will come to me!

On to Marine 3,

He has just lost function to his right leg, (still need to portray the damage to his armour but the rest needs to set first) dragging himself back into cover.

gallery_42238_5618_1357539.jpeg

And where we currently stand on the squad level

gallery_42238_5618_591582.jpeg

Thats it for tonight, great ideas all round, will ruminate there upon and see what we come up with next!

Cheers all!

FTE

Loving the last guy as well. He could use a couple impact craters on his breast plate. Like he walked into a wall of fire and is scoot-dragging himself to cover. I know its a serious squad (and looks great)  but in my mind I'm seeing them pinned down by a gaggle of grots on funny mushrooms.;)

You're on the slippery slope NightHunters! You'll be doing squads of dead marines next!!!

The poses look brilliant. My only suggestion is to sculpt some grips onto the bottom of their boots to make it even more realistic.

I look forward to seeing the next few.

Regards, Brother Morgan.

Evening all!

Biohazard: Cheers fella, yeah i hope so, really getting into it so hope it will work as a full squad!

Kierdale: Thanks frater, looking forward to more work on your fighter!

rednekkboss: Hah, you and your mushroom addled gross, probably just "ran across" sone bad moon badassery, and set off a chain reaction of comedy guns going off all together just at the wrong time for my brave boys!

batu: Long time brother, thanks very much indeed. Can't believe you sold your fire angels though!

Brother Morgan: I know fella, a couple won't be far off! And fear not, we are just in the rough build stage at the moment, treads and other details will surely follow

And the next one, ever wondered how small a marine can make himself when needs must?

About this small!

gallery_42238_5618_833810.jpeg

See this guys having had a peak around the corner, then taking a step back to re-assess the situation

gallery_42238_5618_848681.jpeg

And the group as they stand:

gallery_42238_5618_1573750.jpeg

So, next up reload chap and, this will make somebody happy, chap using terrain to shield his wounded brother.

Cheers all!

FTE

Evening all!

rednekkboss: I know right, true LOS is also going to be fun! But thankfully for you others I don't game much, may be once in a blue moon but no more.

On to number 5, reloading marine.

gallery_42238_5618_145172.jpeg

gallery_42238_5618_1137562.jpeg

Actually really happy with the pose, going to try my hand as sculpting an empty magazine pouch, any ideas on that would be great!

Have also been working on the guy holding up piece of terrain, but it consistently looks like he is just leaning against it, all casual like. Not quite the look i am going for so more trial and error on that one.

Cheers all

FTE

Good day all!

rednekkboss: Agreed, that would be a highly entertaining battle report! Ditto should i ever make it over the pond!

sockwithaticket: Ah ha, yes, quite right, that has been shaved off now!

Been working on marines 6&7

I see Marine 6 as hunching up his shoulder to protect his head from incoming fire, Marine 7, relocating whilst laying down some suppressing fire.

gallery_42238_5618_1284466.jpeg

gallery_42238_5618_1448803.jpeg

Squad filling out now, only 3 more to go, to include a special weapon trooper and squad leader.

Ideas still welcome.

Cheers all!

FTE

• 3 weeks later...

Mechanist: Cheers fella, glad you like it!

Vairocanum: You and me both brother, really struggling with the last 2 but it is too hot in London and my brain has fried.

In other news my rentals have decided to move so i had a few days back in the fatherland (Germany) sorting and boxing my life which was emotional.

So before they all got boxed up, and probably get broken i took the opportunity to take an army shot of all the stuff I had at home.

About standard company sized, and about a decade worth of hobby time!

edit; not including all my most recent stuff from the last 4-5 years that is still her in the UK!

gallery_42238_5618_651713.jpeg

So there it is, unlikely to see the light of day for some time! :cry: :cry:

No doubt the British weather will cool down soon enough and i will get back to work on the last members of that squad!

Cheers all!

FTE

Edited by NightHunters

That is a really impressive army! Hope they make it through the move safe and sound. Also two possible ideas for the last members of the squad: a marine taking cover behind debris while taking blind shots over the debris, or maybe a marine shouting into a vox? Good luck with the heat!