Night Hunters WIP (Pic Heavy)

NIiiiiicw pistons.....:wink:   Whirlwind is looking GREAT! I'm not sure how I missed the pic, but its nice to see I'm not the only one that also paints all over his thumb. Handly drybrushing and color testing tools, those thumbs. :biggrin.:

Congratulations on the medal.

I've really enjoyed following your thread and have given myself backache on more than one occasion by sitting hunched up in front of my screen scrolling through this thread, unable to leave until it is way beyond bedtime and I have to :smile.:

Your conversion work is really great and I really like the way you consider composition. It is a lot of effort to get such dynamic poses from Space Marines and you do it very well. Great work.

I love your board layout too, with the squads clearing the buildings. And I think the models with bits of scenery on their bases which fit in with the board are just superb!

Thanks for sharing :smile.:

DSS7, Argent Aquilla, Paladin7221, daemonclaw, Dorns_Fist : Cheers chaps :biggrin.:

Chrome Zephyr: Well, decided to get stuck in on this one brother :wink:

redneckboss: Agreed, pretty sure it is why we were issued with opposable thumbs in the first place, and thank you!

Sockwithaticket: Thanks mate, i am still trialling various additions to the turret but reckon it ay stay as is.

Biohazard: Thanks for that fella!

CommandPoint: Really very kind of you chap, I really enjoy experimenting with marines as, even with the new tacticals, they can look a bit same-y after a while. The bases actually came first and built them into the design so a happy coincidence that it all worked, but glad you appreciate the finished product!

Onto the most recent works, 99% done on the whirlwind:

gallery_42238_5618_63740.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_1989.jpg

Finished pistons

gallery_42238_5618_21393.jpg

Reverse angle

gallery_42238_5618_10147.jpg

Close up of the pintle mount with ammo storage

gallery_42238_5618_59177.jpg

And because i am a little tragic like this, and i like my vehicles to have a high level of compatability, i just wanted to show that the launcher is in fact "plug and play". Pick a Rino from the motor pool, add the sensor turret onto one of the hatches, plug it in, role the launcher assembly into the back, plug it in, done.

gallery_42238_5618_711933.jpg

and then figured i would defo need a master of signals to bring the pain on target.

gallery_42238_5618_116010.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_103403.jpg

And because I love the models I had these on advance order, first one done and stalking through the city.

gallery_42238_5618_110142.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_34049.jpg

So reminiscent of the old crusaders (god how I want a maniple of those) and i love the idea of the Night Hunters landing these bad boys in advance of the main forces so give up to date intel whilst softening the intended target just a little bit

So next up looking to get some paint on the whirlwind wit a step by step on the weathering.

That is all for the mo,

cheers all!!

FTE

Edited by NightHunters

If you heard something like a car backfiring, that was my brain exploding. I watched the most recent David Attenborough show the other day and one of the episodes has a mantis in it. That pose on the Vorax really works around (what I perceive to be) the model's limitations and makes it look appropriately predatory. Master of Signals gets a huge thumbs up, not least for the wrist computer.

I could well be alone on this, but I don't actually like stowage on the outside of battle tanks. It just looks odd to me, but that's purely a personal preference thing. Otherwise the Whirlwind looks as good as ever.

Outstanding.

The droid's posing is excellent. I doubt even the designers could have anticipated anyone doing that. Gives it a far creepier image, as if it could stalk and chase it's target anywhere. No escape.

The master of signals is cool, too.

Quixus: Thanks brother, officially 30k, but who knows maybe one day we will get 40k rules!

Daemonclaw: Thanks brother, you are far too kind!

DSS7: Cheers mate!

Sockwithaticket: Thanks brother, glad the Maurice comes through a little! Great kit though, loads of flexibility to it! The master of signals was one of those spur of the moment things, but come together well, will take some close ups of the wrist computer as pretty pleased with that!

I actually totally get what your saying on the storage, which is why my Preds, Landraiders, razorbacks have relatively limited storage on em, but figure that whirlwinds should not be any where near the fighting so thus loaded up the compensator and this bad boy with much equipment. Figure they would have camo nets, tarps etc for their firing positions. But hey, that's just my 2 pennies!

Kierdale: Exactly! In their FW fluff they are hunter killer units so they would be getting everywhere in pursuit of their prey!

Dark Rage: Cheers fella!

Surprised how much love the master or signals is getting, looking to finish him off with some more pouches and an Auspex, although the tactical auspex is a little oversized so any thoughts on that would be appreciated!

That is all for tonight,

Cheers all!

FTE

ChromeZephyr: :biggrin.: Your compliments honour me brother!!

So as per usual, I may have been a little sidetracked, "Stahl Hagel" pattern storm raven being prepped for frontline service.

gallery_42238_5618_20391.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_60336.jpg

So basically my version of a fire raptor.

Clearly much work to do, but its a start!

Cheers all!

FTE

• 4 months later...

Chaps, sincerest apologies for my absence!

Real life bla bla all very boring but I have not been entirly idle.

The Stahl Hagel pattern Habicht is nearing completion:

Front view:

gallery_42238_5618_365396.jpg

Side view - Have tried to re-create the Habicht 1:1, but some how I have achieved a more compact look, could be the ball turrets, think the front canopy is better located, may be higher? Who knows!

gallery_42238_5618_158912.jpg

Bottom view - Will mount the bottom turret braces after painting, nice shot of the magazine drums from forge world, have already created the ammo feeds too into the front hull.

gallery_42238_5618_337322.jpg

Top view - Again, the proportions just seem to work better on this one!

gallery_42238_5618_207122.jpg

The bolt cannons - The storm lord units just didn't work so scratch built some- not nearly as hard as I had feared and prefer the length of these

gallery_42238_5618_49315.jpg

Cheers all, fingers crossed more soon!

FTE