Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

Grand-Masters, Captains, Brotherhood Champions, and all Inquisitors are HQ.

Paladins, Purifiers, Assassins, Henchmen, and Venerable Dreads are Elites.

Stormravens and Interceptor Squads are Fast Attack.

Terminators and Strike Squads are Troops.

Dreadnoughts, Dreadknights, and Land Raiders of all variants are Heavy Support.

On the opposite end, the Gray Knight Psychic Defense isn't great either unless they have a Dreadnought around, which is another reason to include them.

Just a thought, does it look like Aegis and Reinforced Aegis stack?

I'm pretty sure that they do not. It's already enough to keep you safe though (especially when you add in a Hood on a Librarian).

So where is the option to take rad grenades? i didn't see it in the pdf?

It's on some of the HQ models IIRC. So, not available to most units, but still there for your ICs.

V

The effects stack

If you target a GK unit, the caster suffers -1 ld. If it is cast on a unit within 12" (I think) of reinforced aegis, they sufer an additional -4 ld.

Unless they changed the wording to Reinforced Aegis in the final edit, it says its increased to -4, not increased by -4. So its just -4, which works fine enough.

The Shrouding is still a Librarian power that gives Stealth to all units in 6" right? Because I have a dream, a dream where I flat-out move 3 Stormravens in formation and then Stealth them for a 3+ cover save.

it's worse than that from what i've seen. take a grand master too, roll a d3 and make that many of your stormravens SCORING too. potentially all three. then fill them with scoring terminators geared up for assault.

seems really overpowered at first glance. (and no, i didn't think space wolves, blood angels or dark eldar seemed overpowered. this codex really does. then again i've only seen the leaked copy, so who knows.)

it's worse than that from what i've seen. take a grand master too, roll a d3 and make that many of your stormravens SCORING too. potentially all three. then fill them with scoring terminators geared up for assault.

seems really overpowered at first glance. (and no, i didn't think space wolves, blood angels or dark eldar seemed overpowered. this codex really does. then again i've only seen the leaked copy, so who knows.)

Can't make Vehicles scoring. Only Infantry, Monstrous Creatures, and Walkers.

Can't make Vehicles scoring. Only Infantry, Monstrous Creatures, and Walkers.

hmm...did that change from the leaked to real version, or did i just read it wrong? haha

that's good though, that'd be nuts

Only certain units can be made scoring. I forgot to look to see if the leaked pdf matches the real codex but the pdf says it's pretty much any Grey Knight (jump)infantry units, walkers and MCs except for the Ghosts and ICs. So no vehicles, no Inquisitors or their henchmen etc.

EDIT: Bah, too slow.

Finished a game against Tyranids with the new Codex. I can do a Highlights and Notes if people want, I don't know if you guys are finding them useful or interesting. I got a chance to try out Paladins too. Alright, I'm just about to start another game versus Eldar, little worried about how this is going to go over.

Finished a game against Tyranids with the new Codex. I can do a Highlights and Notes if people want, I don't know if you guys are finding them useful or interesting. I got a chance to try out Paladins too.

It's like holding a dime bag over a jonesing junkie. You are sooooo evil. ^_^

Got two solid games in tonight versus Tyranids and Eldar. The IG player who I posted about earlier put together a Henchman army and tried it out against Orks. We had a great time watching that game and I will post the Highlights and Notes for it tomorrow. Right now it is time for...

GK vs. Tyranids:

Pitched Battle - Objectives 4

Highlights:

-One Purifier unit spent the entire game killing Gaunts by the handful, and then moved right on to take out a Tervigon. This really set the tone for the entire game, it became apparent that MCs are really at a disadvantage against so many Force Weapons.

-Warp Quake managed to kill off an entire unit of Ravaners.

-GM with a unit of Paladins went toe to toe with a Tyrant and Guard. Lashwhips really hurt reducing all models in B2B to I1. Rad Grenades again did a fantastic job allowing me to get in a few blows. It took two turns of combat but thanks to the Brotherhood Banner activating the Force Weapons every one of the Tyrant and Guard went down at the cost of a Paladin and a number of additional wounds, my GM walked away with only one wound left.

-I kept the NDKs in for another game just to see if I had misjudged them from last night. I moved them up slowly and then shunted them towards the 'Nid objectives. They went right to work on the T-Fexs and Warriors holding the rear objectives. Lost one of my NDKs to a unit of Warriors who took him down to I1 and then went to work on him. He smashed out two Warriors with his Hammer but just couldn't hold on for another round.

-Lost my Keeper of the Flame to Shadow in the Warp when I rolled for my Force Weapons against a Warrior unit with an attached Prime in it. Ended up losing the entire unit of Purifiers to the Warriors.

-Final score was GK 2 to the 'Nids 0.

Notes:

-MCs fold before Gray Knights. The Brotherhood of Psykers with force weapons is very powerful and 'Nids got the short end of the stick. I have used force weapons to take out HQs and other multi-wound models in every game I have played so far. I kinda think this power has gone too far.

-Warp Quake is a great power! I was just keeping it up every turn just for kicks and when the Ravaners got caught in it I understood a little better why people might want to have a unit of GKSS handy.

-It was written in a different thread that Dread Knights aren't very good at shooting but are great at CC. This isn't really true, at least in my games, so far. Their stats are great but they don't really stop elite units with lots of power weapons from taking them apart. I think their real strength though is the 30 inch shunt. It is scary to suddenly have a big honking monster suddenly appear right behind your lines and then go to work.

-Paladins are alright. I would have lost a number of Terminators in the fight with the Tyrant and Guard but these guys managed to hang on. I didn't take an Apothecary as I was at the limit of my points already but I don't see how they might be worth it. All in all, the extra wound was welcome for sure but other than that I didn't see a huge difference from a small expensive unit of Paladins to a large unit of Terminators. At least with a large unit of Terminators you have a scoring unit that has more attacks.

-I dropped the Vindicare for this game as I think I proved his worth, but I wish I hadn't.

-Even though I was severely out numbered at no time did I feel completely overwhelmed. My Purifiers did a great job handling troops with fire support from the GKSS units. I really felt confident in my units and I knew they could get the job done.

-Shadow in the Warp was really more annoying than game changing. It shut down all of two powers and cost me a Keeper. Not as costly as I had thought when I began the game.

Alright, more tomorrow!

anyone with access to the printed dex care to say if the Vindicare still has blind grenades as in the leaked pre-dex, and if he does what do they do?

is the wording on calldius polymorphine cleaned up? can you still pop her out of a vehicle, and if so is there wording on which arc to put her entry shot on?

anyone notice that Draigo has a SoB logo on his bannerpole?

I just noticed, I never looked that up, when I had the chance. Does the warding staff give 2++ to the model or the entire unit? Does anyone know this for sure?

ps: I don't think so, but someone said it and I just want to make sure :D.

You'll find details on Crowe here. Despite optimists saying otherwise all he's really there for is to have the Purifier army build.

lol@Brotherhood Champion being armed as standard with a NFW that ree-rolls failed to wound rolls..... and then having Digital Weapons in his optional upgrades.

I do get the feeling they were struggling to come up with some options. Perhaps he was meant to gain a master-crafted option instead. That reminds me, what do Empyrean Brain Mines do again?

Got two solid games in tonight versus Tyranids and Eldar. The IG player who I posted about earlier put together a Henchman army and tried it out against Orks. We had a great time watching that game and I will post the Highlights and Notes for it tomorrow. Right now it is time for...

Alright, more tomorrow!

EDIT - Keep up the top work, Resv. This is interesting stuff.

Purifiers can be taken as troops and he has a big kill me sign on his face.

Think it could be for the SB. But yeah, I do get the feeling they were struggling to come up with some options, master-crafted anyone? I forget what do Empyrean Brain Mines do again?

Brain mines basically force your opponent to take an Initiative test and if they fail they cannot attack that turn. So against daemons with your psk-out grenades it's pretty handy.

Archived