Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

You use your imagination and pretend you just spent 150 points making all your Purifiers troops.

Otherwise, reserve him and walk him into somewhere denying all LoS and keep him there. He's THAT bad.

How does a character like that make it through testing? I'm all for characters and units with their drawbacks to force you to make meaningful choices in army comp and in game, but offering one nice benefit and making everything else about him utter pants is just bad design.

Hell, even from a business perspective wouldn't it make some amount of sense to make the character desirable and fun to field so that people will buy the shiny new miniature?

So basically there have been no changes for SCs from the *ahem* information that was available online recently and the final codex version?

There have been a lot of wargear price changes and some additional features.

The Ghost Knight changes are bad for my plan ;). But Mordrak beeing no IC is a good think, I think. In his unit of Ghosts, he works like an upgrade, like Arjac Rockfist of the Space Wolves. He works like a normal model in close combat, which is a good thing.

So what? You're paying for a squad that DS in first turn without any Psycannons.

200 for Mordrak, 40 for each Knight up to 5... 400 points of Stormbolter coolness? The Knights have one wound each of non-scoring crap.

No thanks man..

So basically there have been no changes for SCs from the *ahem* information that was available online recently and the final codex version?

There have been a lot of wargear price changes and some additional features.

Some thing's are slightly different, like Mind Blades being removed because Rad Grenades does exactly that now.

Dark Excommunication is vs. Daemons only (they lose their daemonic gifts in assault) and that's their one new psychic ability.

Purifiers are the same, 130 base cost, +2 points for Halberds, 24ppm. 26ppm for the Interceptors, prices look the same from what I've seen..

The Ghost Knight changes are bad for my plan ;). But Mordrak beeing no IC is a good think, I think. In his unit of Ghosts, he works like an upgrade, like Arjac Rockfist of the Space Wolves. He works like a normal model in close combat, which is a good thing.

So what? You're paying for a squad that DS in first turn without any Psycannons.

200 for Mordrak, 40 for each Knight up to 5... 400 points of Stormbolter coolness? The Knights have one wound each of non-scoring crap.

No thanks man..

Mordrak can make 1W3 units scoring, doesn't he?

Btw: Do you know how much Halberds for PAGKs cost? I forgot to look that up.

No thanks man..

Mordrak can make 1W3 units scoring, doesn't he?

Btw: Do you know how much Halberds for PAGKs cost? I forgot to look that up.

Pretty sure its 5 for Halberds, 10 for Hammer and Falchions.

And yes, he still has Grand Strategy.

Mordrak is good (not as an IC) if 'The Summoning' works with Teleport Homers. As with Ghost Knights, he's no longer a 'unit of 1' and other ICs can join him for First turn no scatter DS goodness.

But, preferably now he's an IC unless he has a unit, in which case I'll attach him to a unit of Paladin. ;)

So Ghost Knights can't take any upgrades? Can have incinerators? They suck even more. /sigh Such a cool idea down the pan...

I just saw something and haven't seen a comment about it: Servo Skulls.

They act like "counters" and cannot be attacked, but enemy can't deep strike (or deploy) within 12" of em. They dissapear when enemy comes within 6" of em though. The wording of it made me think of deployment shennanigans and area denial for very few points...

Oh, and the vehicle warpthingy upgrade: lets you summon your tank/vehicle with the summoning power just like a squad. Just conjured up the image of a libby shouting "Say hello to my little fren!" and BAM! there is now a land raider in their face...

About the falchions... from what I've seen in the unboxing video seems that they give you +1A so... won't that be a total of +2A taking into account the two close combat weapons standard rule? I've have not seen the whole text so maybe it says something about that +1A being for having two weapons but if it is a rule of the specific wargear I guess the total would be +2A so it wouldn't be so pointless...

About the falchions... from what I've seen in the unboxing video seems that they give you +1A so... won't that be a total of +2A taking into account the two close combat weapons standard rule? I've have not seen the whole text so maybe it says something about that +1A being for having to weapons but if it is a rule of the specific wargear I guess the total would be +2A so I wouldn't be so pointless...

The rules state along the lines of "a model equipped with Nemesis Falchions has +1 attack in close combat". So, it does not grant +2 as all you are really doing is adding an extra CCW (remember that all GKs come equipped with a powersword). I do not recall the rules stating that a pair of falchions counts as having an additional CCW.

Someone with the codex can confirm, though.

The rules state along the lines of "a model equipped with Nemesis Falchions has +1 attack in close combat". So, it does not grant +2 as all you are really doing is adding an extra CCW (remember that all GKs come equipped with a powersword). I do not recall the rules stating that a pair of falchions counts as having an additional CCW.

Someone with the codex can confirm, though.

Neither does codex: space marines state that a pair of lightning claws count as an additional CCW... that's why I wonder, you have a pair of close combat weapons (nemesis force weapons are all of them force weapons according to the general nemesis force weapon rules on the codex) and that pair is said to give you +1A. Otherwise why wouldn't they simply say that they are an additional close combat weapon... I'm not sure about this but I don't see anything from the wording I've seen that points to that +1A being the additional CCW one.

....is it even possible to receive +1A for the pair of Falchions and the +1A for the wrist-mounted Storm Bolter

Unless it says 'A model armed with a pair of Falchions gains +1A' which would be a caveat outside of the '2 of the same SCCW' rule in the BRB

Thinking more about the Ghost Knights, if they don't get a point reduction (which seems to have gone) if they still have the clause that they all go when Mordrak dies, I'll never use them.

I won't pay the cost for a Terminator, when something like a JotWW/Warp Rift/Vindicare can kill Mordy and make them *all* die.

Come on, who was balancing this revision? Really...

....is it even possible to receive +1A for the pair of Falchions and the +1A for the wrist-mounted Storm Bolter

Unless it says 'A model armed with a pair of Falchions gains +1A' which would be a caveat outside of the '2 of the same SCCW' rule in the BRB

The Storm Bolters don't give +1 attack, as of last rumor wave. Unless it has been ignored from black box coverage, then it is wishful thinking.

Maybe they don't have the rule anymore, time will tell! Another thing, our Stormraven missiles suck compared to Bloostrike missiles (St8 AP1):

Psi-Strike Missiles

S4 AP5, Blast, Causes Perils of the Warp on any Psyker touched by template

There are ups and downs, but I'm rather happy with the whole thing. The more I figure out this codex, the more I see Codex: Eldar Marines. No "great deathstar unit" (like TH/SS Terms in a LR or Nobz Bikers or Thunderwolves), but rather a buch of interlocking pieces. GK will still be an elite codex in the sense that they will be harder to play than your average 5th ed codex. If used properly, though, it will be the bane of deathstar units and MCs...

Phil

I'm quite happy to see things be more balanced than kind of over the top as before. I guess Guard still have it as the OTT army.

Also, Grand Masters cannot take psychic hoods anymore?

No "great deathstar unit" (like TH/SS Terms in a LR or Nobz Bikers or Thunderwolves), but rather a buch of interlocking pieces. GK will still be an elite codex in the sense that they will be harder to play than your average 5th ed codex. If used properly, though, it will be the bane of deathstar units and MCs...

Phil

The Orangutans.

Archived