Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

Can someone say whether they have changed the points values from the early pdf?

From what I can recall, most of the points stayed the same. The only ones I remember that changed were:

-ghost knights now same as regular GKT

-NDK same as a vendetta gunship

-some of the upgrade costs I know changed like the psybolt upgrade for LRC is not 20pts, its now the same as it is for the LR.

Can't remember all of them, sorry.

basically, yeah. Any model in the squad may upgrade their weapons, also, so you are entirely free to mix and match as you see fit.

I personally am planning to just run my GKs like regular marines (with better weapons) to start off with. a 10 man squad of PAGK + Rhino and S5 Stormbolters is 260pts. Plus, GKs can combat squad too. Thoughts on the matter?

Ho ho ho, big change to Mordrak and the Ghost Knights.

Ghost Knights are now also 1-5 and costs the same as regular Termies and can't take Psycannons so they're garbage. They still have Stealth, but it isn't under their special rules (fail).

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php...p;postcount=660

As for Mordrak himself, he's garbage. no IC.

And there is NO such thing as two Daemonhammers, there's just Nemesis Daemonhammer which is exactly like a TH, but if you have it on the Dreadknight, it strikes at Initiative. Can be used with Hammerhand for S10 since the +strength comes before the x2.

Thanks for the info!

Mordrak suddenly became a very viable choice :devil:

Thought I didn't see any other daemonhammer entry. Wasn't sure though so thanks for clarifying that.

Mordrak and his 32ppm Termies with Psycannons and the bunch was a viable choice.. now he's ass. Too bad because I liked his Ghost Knights :(

I like the basic GKSS and I can totally see running them in squads of 10 in a Rhino. With two Psycannons you can fire out of the top of the Rhino and still move 6 inches, kinda like having a Razorback which is kinda cool. Add on some Storm Bolters and you have a good amount of fire coming from your bog standard Rhino. I've been play testing out the draft PDF and I rather like the standard GKSS.

I would still rather have Purifiers as troops because, damn, those guys are scary.

Hero, do Interceptors move as Jump Infantry or what?

Yep

I need a confirmation on 2 very important points:

1. Is Mordrak a Independent Character?

2. Does Draigo's Titan Sword count as Nemesis Force Sword?

All right... so what use is Crowe then? It sounds like the only thing he has going for him is making Purifiers scoring. He frankly sounds like a liability on the field to me. I would love to understand the process behind the design of his rules.

All right... so what use is Crowe then? It sounds like the only thing he has going for him is making Purifiers scoring. He frankly sounds like a liability on the field to me.

You use your imagination and pretend you just spent 150 points making all your Purifiers troops.

Otherwise, reserve him and walk him into somewhere denying all LoS and keep him there. He's THAT bad.

So basically there have been no changes for SCs from the *ahem* information that was available online recently and the final codex version?

Not many changes, no.

Stern is garbage, Mordrak is garbage, Crowe is garbage (as a character, not Purifiers as troops), Draigo is insanely expensive.

COOL BOOK BRO

This basically means my Bread and Butter leader will be:

Grand Master = 175, Rad Grenades = 15, keep the Force Sword.

190 points for 2+/3++ in CC, and whatever you assault is at -1T.

And the Librarian, just keep the NFS and give him 3 more powers for 165 points.

Going for Might of Titan, Quicksilver and Shrouding.

The Ghost Knight changes are bad for my plan :). But Mordrak beeing no IC is a good think, I think. In his unit of Ghosts, he works like an upgrade, like Arjac Rockfist of the Space Wolves. He works like a normal model in close combat, which is a good thing.

Archived