Force Commander Toriel, Blood Ravens 4th Company

maverike_prime

In Chaos Rising if you keep all your squads 'pure' Marellus turns traitor (which is what happened when I played it), if one of the other squads goes to Chaos then they turn traitor (As I believe, never got to try it a second time). ;)

No idea what happens in retribution though, which would presumably show you the 'true' story line. Want to try it out but Global Agenda is bewitching me with its cool gadgets. Even if they are insults to the Machine Spirit. :D

In Chaos Rising if you keep all your squads 'pure' Marellus turns traitor (which is what happened when I played it), if one of the other squads goes to Chaos then they turn traitor (As I believe, never got to try it a second time). :P

No idea what happens in retribution though, which would presumably show you the 'true' story line. Want to try it out but Global Agenda is bewitching me with its cool gadgets. Even if they are insults to the Machine Spirit. :lol:

huh? I've done a half dozen play through of Chaos Rising. I've done it with total corruption of every squad, complete purity, partial Corruption of all, Total corruption of the Force Commander but no-corruption of the squads.... I've never seen Martelus turn Traitor. He stops aiding you if you become corrupt, just like Thule does. But I've never seen either of them turn traitor.

Really? What on terra happened then? Quoting from on the net:

"The Techpriest you rescued while defending the cogitor relay will be revealed as the traitor if you and your squads follow the path of purity. He will not give the reason for his betrayal until yoiu defeat him (the cheater sends a Predator after you!), where he reveals how Eliphas had actually offered him aid 'where the Blood Ravens had abandoned him'."

^ What happened to me. No idea at all why you didn't get it :rolleyes:

Really? What on terra happened then? Quoting from on the net:

"The Techpriest you rescued while defending the cogitor relay will be revealed as the traitor if you and your squads follow the path of purity. He will not give the reason for his betrayal until yoiu defeat him (the cheater sends a Predator after you!), where he reveals how Eliphas had actually offered him aid 'where the Blood Ravens had abandoned him'."

^ What happened to me. No idea at all why you didn't get it :confused:

I donno. I've been doing some reading and apparently there's several scenarios I haven't unlocked, martellus turning traitor is just one of them. I donno what unlocks them, but they're apparently not tied to the corruption/purity of the squad. There's also an ending where you take the retribution and join the black legion. Haven't seen that one yet either.

I just finished the Blood Ravens campaign in Retribution and it might be worth you doing so aswell - unless you intend to do versions of all the DoW Blood Raven characters, the story of Retribution may have an impact on which ones you do chose to make.

Also, I assume the characters present in Retribution are the 'canon' survivors of the Heresy in Chaos Rising. If you feel like being spoiled, here's a little breakdown of the characters:

Player Controlled Characters:

Honour Guard Captain Apollo Diomedes

Tactical Sergeant Tarkus

Techmarine Martellus

Scout Sergeant Cyrus

Non-Controlled Surviving Blood Ravens:

Chapter Master Azariah Kyrus

Captain Gabriel Angelos

Librarian Jonah Orion

Characters From DoW2 and Chaos Rising who don't appear (so i'm assuming they are dead, although it isn't explicitly stated):

Devastator Sergeant Avitus

Assault Sergeant Thaddeus

Davian Thule

Super Mega End of Game Spoiler!!!

In the final mission, Kyras is ascending to a Daemon Prince and he seemingly kills Gabriel Angelos. After completion of the mission and death of Kyras, Diomedes is seen holding the shattered remains of Gabriel. It's then revealed that the Blood Ravens launched a Chapter-wide cleansing, rooting out their corrupted brothers, and through extensive use of bionics, Angelos has been brought back and installed as the new Chapter Master!

I just finished the Blood Ravens campaign in Retribution and it might be worth you doing so aswell - unless you intend to do versions of all the DoW Blood Raven characters, the story of Retribution may have an impact on which ones you do chose to make.

Also, I assume the characters present in Retribution are the 'canon' survivors of the Heresy in Chaos Rising. If you feel like being spoiled, here's a little breakdown of the characters:

Player Controlled Characters:

Honour Guard Captain Apollo Diomedes

Tactical Sergeant Tarkus

Techmarine Martellus

Scout Sergeant Cyrus

Non-Controlled Surviving Blood Ravens:

Chapter Master Azariah Kyrus

Captain Gabriel Angelos

Librarian Jonah Orion

Characters From DoW2 and Chaos Rising who don't appear (so i'm assuming they are dead, although it isn't explicitly stated):

Devastator Sergeant Avitus

Assault Sergeant Thaddeus

Davian Thule

Super Mega End of Game Spoiler!!!

In the final mission, Kyras is ascending to a Daemon Prince and he seemingly kills Gabriel Angelos. After completion of the mission and death of Kyras, Diomedes is seen holding the shattered remains of Gabriel. It's then revealed that the Blood Ravens launched a Chapter-wide cleansing, rooting out their corrupted brothers, and through extensive use of bionics, Angelos has been brought back and installed as the new Chapter Master!

Yeah,

Gabriel got so many kinds of effed up by Kyras. Though I do have to give Diomedes credit for realizing just how much of a fool he'd been, even if it took Cyrus's verbally bitch slapping him to realize it.

But yeah I'm thinking of making a Diomedes for my honor guard, though it'll be based on his appearance from Dow 2: Chaos Rising rather then his appearance from Retribution.

Yeah,

Gabriel got so many kinds of effed up by Kyras. Though I do have to give Diomedes credit for realizing just how much of a fool he'd been, even if it took Cyrus's verbally bitch slapping him to realize it.

But yeah I'm thinking of making a Diomedes for my honor guard, though it'll be based on his appearance from Dow 2: Chaos Rising rather then his appearance from Retribution.

I forget how he was armed in Chaos Rising - was it lightning claws? I quite like the appearance of the 2-Handed Axe in Retribution - it looks similar to the one from the Sevrin Loth kit. Infact, i may just have given myself an idea ;)

Yeah,

I forget how he was armed in Chaos Rising - was it lightning claws? I quite like the appearance of the 2-Handed Axe in Retribution - it looks similar to the one from the Sevrin Loth kit. Infact, i may just have given myself an idea <_<

hehe, I seem to be good at getting people to come up with their ideas. But yeah, Diomedes has a Bolt Pistol and Lightning claw in Chaos Rising. I also liked him better with the helmet and ornate armor and jump pack. More fitting for an Honor Guard captain.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/diomedes.jpg

Apparently Martellus did seemed to be the traitor, however in Retribution he is in penance mode and is fighting to clean his name and get revenge on kyrass and Eliphas. Pretty much you play as all the marines that resent him the most, heck specially cyrus, for he hates him to his very guts for putting Boreale aka Steel rhen and Spess Merhens. In charge during Kaurava.

Btw he force commander real name is Aramus and he belongs to the 4rth company, but since DOW2 is an rpg kind of game, you can pretty much name him however you want. Just like in the Final Fantasy games.

Btw he force commander real name is Aramus and he belongs to the 4rth company, but since DOW2 is an rpg kind of game, you can pretty much name him however you want. Just like in the Final Fantasy games.

And at the end of Dow 2: Chaos Rising he is either dead, Turned traitor or placed in command of the 4th company to replace Thule.

I've been working on my test squad recently and got around to doing the magnets on the heavy weapons guy. Moderate success:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/DSCN5305.jpg

Missile Launcher ready, Sergeant!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/DSCN5303.jpg

Plasma Cannon stands prepared!

However I ran into a couple problems. firstly, the magnets aren't strong enough to really hold the metal parts as well as I would like them to.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/DSCN5304.jpg

The second issue I encountered... well wasn't an issue. It was me making a stupid mistake. I put the magnets in back wards on these weapons:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/DSCN5306.jpg

So the Plastic Plasma cannon doesn't stay on at all, while the lascannon and Heavy bolter only stay on by virtue of conflicting angles. All in all, I think I'm going to have to bit the bullet and buy a plastic devastator squad for the heavy weapons. The metal ones are just too much of a pain to deal with.

Beyond that, I think I'm about ready to build my first proper squad of Blood Ravens. I picked up a Tactical squad box, and washed the sprues. here they are drying:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/DSCN5292.jpg

I've been thinking about where I ran into trouble with painting my test miniatures and the biggest problem I encountered was painting the "closed off" spaces. between the marines back and the back pack, between the bolter and the chest. Those sorts of places. So I'm going to try something a little different before I really get into the first squad. I went bitz box diving and managed to pull together the parts to build 2 marines. What I'm going to do is build the body with the left arm, build the right arm as needed, and then base coat them as separate parts. Once I paint the parts I will attach the right arm with bolter, and the backpack to the body. In order to help me with this process I made a new priming board:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/DSCN5302.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I went to a swap meet yesterday, mainly to try and unload stuff more then to acquire stuff. I did manage to sell off most of my Grey Knights. No takers on my Eldar Army but oh well. I did manage to pick up a could things for my Blood Ravens. Here's the first thing:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/040311110548.jpg

I never really looked at the Black Reach captain but now that I actually have the model I have to admit, it's really well done. I'd like to see some of the part incorporated into the standard multi-part boxes. The Eagle headed armor and cloak around the shoulder being the two big ones.

Anyway. I converted him to be holding an Aux Grenade launcher. Nothing terribly fancy here. Guard grenade launcher, cut out the central assembly and the ammo drum. Glue the parts together. Presto. Pistol grip aux grenade launcher.

I did find another use for the drum:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/040311114129.jpg

I left the Dark Angle iconography on the arm and bolter. In Dawn of War, a lot of the relics you pick up have ties to other chapters and infer that the Blood Ravens make use of equipment from other chapters, or that they work with other chapters and create items of remembrance for those actions.

I did manage to clear out enough space to take one of my extra cases and devout it my Blood Ravens Army:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/040311110631.jpg

L love what you have done to the case, mind if it steal it? The captains Aux. grenade launcher looks a bit too short for my liking. Maybe adding a scope to the top would help as well.

Keep up the great work though.

Vulkan

L love what you have done to the case, mind if it steal it?

Vulkan

Only if you pay my $29.99 licensing fee. j/K. Don't think I can license an idea that uses a logo created by another company under the intellectual property of a third company.

The captains Aux. grenade launcher looks a bit too short for my liking. Maybe adding a scope to the top would help as well. Keep up the great work though.

Vulkan

not sure how I can make the grenade launcher any longer. That's already the entire length of the barrel from the original weapon. Might do the scope. Not sure. Have to think on that one.

Sorry for the huge gap, but spoilers in this post and the spoiler tags arent working for me for some reason. Concerning the canon traitor:

Martellus, Cyrus, Tarkus, Diomedes, and Thule are all in Retribution as loyalists. (Thule is killed by Eliphas in the first chaos mission, not sure if thats canon for the SM campaign too.) That leaves Avitus, the FC, and Thaddeus as possible traitors. There is a piece of wargear in the SM campaign called the Hammer of the Nameless, used by the old FC and believed to have dealt the killing blow to Ulkair. Ulkair was killed after the traitor was killed, therefore the FC cannot be the traitor if he killed Ulkair. Tarkus mentioned the traitor served on Kronus. Thaddeus did not serve on Kronus, nor did the FC. Avitus did, which was where he developed his mistrust of the IG. Therefore, Avitus had to have been the traitor.

so now I'm doing some planning. Speccifically planning for the characters. I want the respective characters to be really unique among my models. Ones that are individual and seperate. So I'm going to try and make them as closely based on the in-game models and art work as possible.

Now, for reference check, check out this:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/2011-04-06_00007.jpg

You've got the Force commander in the front center, Cyrus to the immediate left with the sniper rifle, Avitus further left with heavy bolter. I want to say that's Thaddeus to the immediate right, but I don't know where the bionic eye came from. And then there's Tarkus at the far right.

Now I need to find parts. So here's my thoughts.

Force Commander Toriel

the head: I'm going to start with the exposed head from from the Sicarius model. Green stuff out 2 of his service studs, fill in the check bones a little and change the hair a bit so it will look less like Sicarius and more like the force commander's head.

the Left shoulder guard: Isn't there a shoulder pad in the commander box set that looks like that? I know there is a plastic shoulder guard somewhere like that. If it's not in the commander box which set is it in"

The Legs: Initially I was thinking of the legs from the master of recruits model. But then I looked at the image on the GW page. I can't quit tell if the cloak is separate from the body. Can anyone confirm whether it is separate from the body or not?

The Hammer: Well that's easy. The Daemonhammer from the Grey Knights kit.

Sergent Avitus

I really like the chained shoulder guard for Avitus. It just fits his character. But I can't find a GW piece made that. Any suggestions?

Looks very promising so far. :P

An easy and incredibly cool way to make Cyrus is to use Telion, give him one of the bald gasmask heads and sculpt long hair on him.

Cyrus looks cool in the game when given the armour that grants him a gasmask.

L love what you have done to the case, mind if it steal it?

Vulkan

Only if you pay my $29.99 licensing fee. j/K. Don't think I can license an idea that uses a logo created by another company under the intellectual property of a third company.

The captains Aux. grenade launcher looks a bit too short for my liking. Maybe adding a scope to the top would help as well. Keep up the great work though.

Vulkan

not sure how I can make the grenade launcher any longer. That's already the entire length of the barrel from the original weapon. Might do the scope. Not sure. Have to think on that one.

Thanks for the go ahead ^_^

I'm actually starting to like the stubbiness of it the more i look at it, it looks pretty brutal.

Vulkan

The bionic eye was added to Thaddeus when you gave him a certain piece of armor I believe.

Linky to page which has the Master of the recruits on it, unassembled.

Frag. The cloak is a part of the body. Okay. So any suggestions for the legs? Specifically I want the skull and wings on the shin.

Well Kor'sarro Khan has some legs, but he'd need a lot of chopping...

The Vanguard Veterans Have some eagle-ly legs, but they'd need a bit of Greenstuff and repositioning, but it'd probably be easer than Khan.

This Guy has the most 'realistic' legs, but would again require loads of chopping.

Other than that, the best I can think of is the Assault Squad legs, with some Greenstuff.

EDIT: Found another guy as well.

(And with that, I stop my post. I believe the Inquisition is knocking on my door. Something about an 'excess of useless links'.)

Archived