What he said! Great Shrike brother, Ork blades?

2x Skaven halbard blades from the Skaven lord in the Island of Blood Box. Pointy and rippy. Good for lopping off chunks for the scrapbook.

• 1 year later...

With the new codex on the horizon, I have a new photo set  up and took some new photos of a couple of my minis. I'll be adding some scout speeders to the mix real soon and expanding out one of my Tactical squads. But I thought I'd post the new pics...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zrXzC6VtQnY/Uh1u3cRt3gI/AAAAAAAABRU/YikMaCVydLg/s640/Jumpmarines.jpg

Sarge from Assault #7 spies the new codex.

A new shot of captain Ikarius.... and his new scrapbook for the Crixus campaign.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hnIR7mHSgH0/Uh1vfKb_w4I/AAAAAAAABRc/g_vKcUPrEWk/s640/Ikarius.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Getting my new codex tomorrow (finally), in the meantime I've been planning out some allied forces and/or forces the boys will ally with. This fellow is on the way to becoming my Inquisitor Coteaz stand-in...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3SxwHPouVNE/Ui6ic0iO7pI/AAAAAAAABTc/Mv8tb0CLDZ4/s640/InqWip01.jpg

He does look the part .what colors are planning to use?

Black,leathers,bone,dark purple and bronze for the Inquisitorial/Crusade force. Muted colors, but still dark and kind of menacing. I'm planning to use Sisters of Battle for henchmen, along with all sorts of other things. Should be all sorts of conversion fun. The new Codex could derail or shelf that for a while. :)

The first 4 man expansion for one on my 6 man Razorback Teams.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WvrKSIxNwcw/UjKlaXgMHhI/AAAAAAAABUM/e4kXyQJMjzU/s1600/Squad2upgWip.jpg

I finally got my hands on my new codex. Really happy to have picked the Raptors so long ago, though a bit bummed they weren't featured in the book... probably because of the forgeworld books.  I have enough marines laying around to do an allied contingent and have a dozen or so ideas for 'original' chapters, so I may go down that road. Of course, the whole thing is... how 'serious' will I be.  My Very first  home made Marine chapter in 1992 was the ANGRY FISTS and I'm seriously considering revisiting them, just for comedic value.

I do have a question for the masses though. I realize a screaming, bloodthirsty Psyber-eagle is a nasty prospect, but if you take a few minutes on Youtube and look up Magpies.... who wouldn't want a Psyber-Pie? I mean, seriously? Who?  I give you the Psyber-Pie 1.0....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5qaqZKki0iw/UjKkQi6SU5I/AAAAAAAABUE/HxId5E9n-98/s1600/InqWip02.jpg

I still have to elongate the tail, but for the most part she's done. Her name is Maggie... Of course. Although Trigger is tempting too. The Inquisito himself is pretty much ready for paint. My biggest issue is the Daemonhammer.  I'm thinking the hammer across the back (even a relatively small one) might make him look a bit "busy", so I'm still undecided.... I'm thinking about some sort of gribbly john Blanche-esque looking Igor character carrying a hammer that follows him around. THAT might be fun. You know the old "this model just represents wargear and can not be shot,blown-up, sliced,diced,evicerated, lacerated,exfoliated,scalped,burned,maimed,poked,prodded or other wise threatened with bodily harm" I don't play tounaments and the like, so I doubt anyone will gripe...and if they do....a lot, I'll just shake their hand, tell them they win and find someone else to play with... because they are meanies. What say the brethren? Hammer on the model or creepy little minion?

"MINION!  Bring me mine hammer, there are heretics to smite!"

And :cuss: magpies.  Kill them all with fire!

"And :cuss: magpies.  Kill them all with fire!"

LOL!  Exactly why I thought the Psyber-Pie would be perfect! A MINION it IS , Brothers!

Man, your take on the Raptors is so different than how I see them in my head, but I really dig how well you execute your vision and I always enjoy seeing your updates!

My army is very tongue in cheek, where yours is pretty serious (and awesome) But since I started it, with the additon of all the Forgeworld books and now the new Codex, I will be doing a little tweeking (not twerking, though) of the colors here and there. I'm planning on greying some of the white markings and I may lose some of the yellow (not all though) I Might ditch the resin helmets on the tactical sergents in favor of Mk6 helmets (unless I can sneak in a forgeworld order and get a Raven guard set )  I'm planning another assault squad and at least one new tactical squad and probably a devastator squad in full camoflage. SO, Strike force Ickarius 2.0 is in the process of being 'modernized' to the new, cooler view of the Raptors.. which fits the way I play perfectly. I was pretty close to giddy when I was absorbing the Raven Guard rules.

"Captain, we could really use a little air support to get the momentum back here. Sergeant Locus grumbled, taking the magazine out of
his bolter to visually check his ammo. Captain Ickarius never looked up from the massive tome of memorabilia he held open for the Vanguard squad to see, though they only feined interest when he looked at them.

"Well, call Dargo and his Stormwarbler." He said dismissively. "That should show those Chaos traitors! Now look here Centrorius, these here
were some nasty traitors...." He flipped a few pages.... "Ah, Grabstov Minor, tentacles galore... wow! Look here, I have a sucker from one of
the tentacles here on this page."

Locus grimmaced inside his helmet then, looked out over the ruined city where the ORKS they were fighting were regrouping. "StormTalon 4,
mark this location and assist."

"Better say please!" The captain added, "The Stormmallard driver doesn't like it when you are rude."

"Stormtalon,sir" one of the Vanguard corrected.

"Right, right...Stormbudgie, that's what I said. Hey, there's a dead Ork over there. There are Orks here too?"

I decided the lads needed some air support so here is the start of my Stormbudgie. There are some more in progress things on my blog if you are interested, but for brevities sake, here's the cockpit area so far.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-L6Q9woAIdxM/UjjxKZQ-t_I/AAAAAAAABVs/iQyh6ORvwGk/s1600/Cockpit02.jpg

And this one with the parts all dry fit together, since I still need to put a raptors ensignia on Dargo's shoulder

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rotW4qznkIc/Ujjyx9rT91I/AAAAAAAABV0/eKFxiZgYevs/s1600/Cockpit03.jpg

Cheers Ya'll!

Heh, glad I'm not the only one to call teh Talon a budgie.  The Squallbudgie and it's bigger brother the Squallpigeon (stormraven).  I want one of each, but the amount of converting I'll have to do on both of them so they don't make me cringe at how ugly they are makes me hesitant.

Thanks, ya'll. I'm thinking of getting a bit crazy and lengthening the fuselage a bit. Even though I take a tongue-in-cheek approach to my armies, I want the 'budgie' to look like a predator. It is afterall, the Space Marine fighter plane. I'm going to do some altering on the control and flight surfaces as well.  I mean, its kinda ugly already, its not like I'm going to mess it up. The Chin turret has given me some bad dreams. WHO THE *cussword* would put landing gear on a weapon? Seriously. HOW did that get through the design process. Well, dagnabbit, the 'Budgie won't have no frikkin gear on the chin turret.  ALSO........ after starting to build this thing, I have a confession to make. Its a bit sad, but.... not only do I like the kit (and yes, it has a few fit issues)... but the budgie is growing on my. Like a fungus.  I COULD make a second one for an 'allied' force... BUT WHAT DO THE BRETHREN THINK OF THIS IDEA: How about bashing the budgie kit with the Land Speeder Storm kit together into a transport budgie? Hrrrrrrmmmm.  Also what about a Raven Guard successor Chapter called the "Angry Magpies"?

Archived