Would you like to fight in my crusade? Brother Taio

Eberious

Its a mutant for crissakes. Its so Wardian it isnt even funny.

Imagine if you knew nothing about the Black Templars and read through the fluff about how they are utterly intolerant of all deviance except the hollow knight. Just like the Grey Knights are incorruptible, except this one uses a Daemon weapon. Or the Blood Angels Super Angel who beat up a Daemon who beat up a Primarch.

Gee, thanks M2C. ;) I'll be sure to clear any ideas I might have in the future with you first, lest I stray too far into "Wardian" territory.

It's not that I don't see your argument, all I'm suggesting is a little decorum when dealing with other peoples' stuff in the future. You wouldn't talk about someone's painting or modelling like that I don't think. We're all brothers here.

But this is getting :) Jonas was mentioned on a whim and just happened to peak Eberious' interest it seems. Back to the concern of the thread, the more I look at it Eberious, the more Im a bit confused. The GS around the raised kneejoint seems like...well, I can;t quite make out what it seems like actually.Is it a soft armor joint or an extension of the kneeplate?

@Firepower, its the "rim" where the upper leg armour ends at the knee joint. Agreed it needs a little attention, was waiting for the greenstuff to cure properly before cutting it into more of a defined edge. Just wanted to get it up on the tinterwebs.

Thanks all for comments,

Ok, this may be a bit off topic, but I don't have a fluff problem with the Hollow Knight.

Assuming that by buying into 40K fluff you accept two things;

1) Humans have a connection to the warp (we'll call that a soul).

2) Some don't, they have the Pariah Gene.

Now, GW aren't geneticists, they're game designers, and they haven't done much to explain how a gene stops you from having a soul (or for that matter how another gene may give you a soul), but this pariah gene is very rare so is most probably recessive. You would need a copy from each parent for it to be expressed. It's probably not just one gene but a complex of several recessive genes and you'd need to inherit all of them from both parents in order to be a pariah. That would neatly explain how it could be so rare and how pariahs can be born to normal parents with no family history of such a thing. It would also allow the gene(s) to be carried by the population in general as people just wouldn't know about it (their dominant genes would be expressed instead and they would have a soul). The pariah gene in 40K is not common knowledge, science is debased in the 41st millenium and even space marine apothecaries may not recognise it in an aspirant, they may just assume it's a bit of 'junk' DNA.

The pariah gene allows a body to operate without a connection to the warp, but can a body with only a partial expression of the gene function without that connection too? Most people would never be in a position to find out, they would live and die like any other human. But a Space Marine facing the full horrors of the galaxy might be in a position to find out. This marine has inherited a few parts of the pariah gene complex from each parent, not enough to prevent him having a soul or appearing as anything other than a normal human when the Templar's apothecaries give him his first medical, but enough that his enhanced body can survive and live on when his soul is ripped from his body by a daemon of chaos.

That's how I see it happening, but the pariah gene has to be a complex of several genes, each with a different function, one bit stops a person developing a soul and the others allow their body to survive without it (and another makes them seem weird and freaky to other people...maybe).

Right.....back on topic. More badass BT please Eberious. :tu:

Ok, so here is my heraldry, sorry it took me so long, I've been out of town this weekend.

Tabbard: Blood red type color with a white cross on my chest, and some kind of crusader seals hanging from my tabbard, similar to the stock tabbard that has them all the way down.

Weapons: Power sword, preferably with the hilt in the shape of a cross and painted either gold or silver(depending on your scheme). Bolt Pistol, maybe with some kind of accent of red on there and of course chains holding the weapons on. It would be cool if I had a scabbard for the sword somewhere, maybe across my back under the backpack or something

Armor: I would prefer to be a Sword Brethren, so depending on what scheme you are using for their markings, do that, or use the stock red trim with black field. Either way, I'd like at least one of the pads to have a red cross on it if that's possible. I'd want a high collar and a knight helm, either one from the sprue is cool with me. Some litanies written in white on my armor would be cool too, but not too many, just like 1-3 and of course a couple additional seals added to various parts of the armor.(again the ones from the sprue will work just fine here)

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Cheers Ace, thats really more of a look. Was aiming for a picture or something. No worries I can do that. How about an ace of spades with sopme fancy swirls or somthing? slighty knightly.

Acebaur = ace = ace of spades?

Maybe, I dunno. lol

Hearldly if allowed;

Templar cross with sword and a blue tear drop.

Basically cross inside that is the sword and inside that is the tear.

If too much than black sword blue tear drop.

Represents:

The resolve of the crusaders to purify the universe regardless of cost. Even if the cost is great and dear to us.

Hearldly if allowed;

Templar cross with sword and a blue tear drop.

Basically cross inside that is the sword and inside that is the tear.

If too much than black sword blue tear drop.

Represents:

The resolve of the crusaders to purify the universe regardless of cost. Even if the cost is great and dear to us.

My heraldry is a black cross on a black shoulder pad with a black border and a slightly skull-like black helmet (so all black then!)

The red sword should be a bright, violent red, indicating the power contained within the weapon. Here's a pic of Brother Vader that

I did way back in the '90s and yes I did take my user name from this model :D If I was to make him again I'd have everything

various shades of black, the only spot colour being the sword and he'd have a cloak instead of robes.

gallery_39667_2770_25348.jpg

Basically Eberious, make a Space Marine Darth Vader, he is an iconic badass. :P

Edited by Brother Vader

@Nyustukyi, sounds good.

@Brother Vader, no probs.

Marshal Wilhelm.

Handsome is as handsome does........Thats why he has a built in mirror on his sheild.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07510.jpg

Enemies attacking from behind the mashal do at -2 to thier initiative, as they are blinded by the mirror, -3 if attacking from the front due to his handsomeness. ;)

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07512.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/E...ar/DSC07513.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/E...ar/DSC07514.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/E...ar/DSC07515.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/E...ar/DSC07516.jpg

Sorry for slightly blurry pics, but the flash makes the pic look naff. and the camera needs purged.

Edited by Eberious

A+

Marshal Wilhelm.

Handsome is as handsome does........Thats why he has a built in mirror on his sheild.

Sorry for slightly blurry pics, but the flash makes the pic look naff. and the camera needs purged.

HAHAHAHAHAA! That is Glorious! B)

Though I feel the mirror is a bit too small :lol:

You even did all the fiddly things *warm fuzzies*

I love the Tabard front, the Quis shoulder pad, the Champion's Sword - I am YOUR Champion, after all, and the BA head - handsome and angry at the same time :D

Where is the sword from?

How did you make the Templar icon that is attached to the sword's chain?

The blurriness isn't from the camera - it is from me ;)

Edited by Marshal Wilhelm

Thanks Wilhelm, glad you like it.

The tabbard I used due to your avatar pic. The sword is from the Empire greatswords set. I cut the wavy blade off and stuck a more claymore style blade on.

The little cross on the top holding the chains is a mold taken from the sheild your model is carrying. See bottom of the sheild. Blob of greenstuff and pressed down on top, almost like a true wax seal, but it will be metal.

The blurriness isn't from the camera - it is from me ;)

Indeed, must be what happens to lose the initiative :lol:

Edited by Eberious

Another nice one! ^_^

I like the sword you strapped on his back, might steal the idea to change the empire greatswords, never occured to me. Almost all of them have some things I don't like.. but your idea helps that! :P

Thanks all,

@Drac0., furry dice you say... mind you those might get in the way of mid battle hair correction.

Humm... true enough ;)

How about furry orbs of antioch? (at lest they're battle effective) :P

EDIT: After reading it again, this doesn't sound right, at all. o.O

Edited by Drac0