The "must have" scene

THe Obi-Wan v Anakin scene was better in the book. I dont get how you couldn't think that scene was awesome in the movie though. You probobaly didnt identify enough with the characters.

I want three scenes:

Sigismund becoming the Emperor's Champion

Sigismund killing Khârn in the most epic duel ever

and finally something Ive always envisioned is a line of Imperial Fists being pushed back by a horde of traitors when Sanguinius and the Sanguinary guard swoop over the walls and descend on the horde. Totally awesome.

THe Obi-Wan v Anakin scene was better in the book. I dont get how you couldn't think that scene was awesome in the movie though. You probobaly didnt identify enough with the characters.

Bad dialogue, bad directing, and bad acting. Well from a certain point of view. :lol:

and finally something Ive always envisioned is a line of Imperial Fists being pushed back by a horde of traitors when Sanguinius and the Sanguinary guard swoop over the walls and descend on the horde. Totally awesome.

This! Can you imagine this on a huge IMAX screen, a thousand long line of golden armoured Space Marines being forced back by 10 times the number of traitors, a line on the brink of collapsing. A mighty Champion of Chaos charging a weary Sigismund leaping to attack, only to be cut down in mid-air by Sanguinius as the Sanguinary Guard falls upon his allies.

The dual between Fulgrim and Ferrus Manus with possible flashbacks to when they were creating the weapons each is now using to destroy the other. This shows how they once respected each other in brotherhood, and then how one betrayed the other with no hope of any reconcilliation.

This is good too, but I hate this particular example because Ferrus dies and he is one of my favorite Primarchs.

But my favorite Primarchs are: Guilliman, Sanguinius, Ferrus Manus, Angron and Mortarion, one of them goes into coma permanently, Sang. and Ferrus both die and the other two turn into traitors, so i am pretty much on the receiving end of the 40K plot.

The idea with the flashbacks of how they manufactured the weapons is a great cinematic tool for what you have envisioned, are you a media-studies guy?

No, never did media studies - I just watch a lot of films and read constantly so have some understanding of various cinematic tools. I can see the huge battle going on in the background, with heavy losses on both sides. The camera pans round to show you the horror of the battle as brother fights brother. The camera then centres on the two primarchs and the epic duel ensues.

The dual between Fulgrim and Ferrus Manus with possible flashbacks to when they were creating the weapons each is now using to destroy the other. This shows how they once respected each other in brotherhood, and then how one betrayed the other with no hope of any reconcilliation.

Sounds like a brilliant idea.

It's one of the stand-out moments of the Heresy series for me.

The Garro sub-series would make for a great film. But for scenes I'd say Ullanor, Isstvan V, the Sanguiniary Guard rescue secene mentioned earlier, and, as a final scene, show the traitors retreating as you listen to comm chatter from across Terra as the loyalists realise they've won.

The Garro sub-series would make for a great film. But for scenes I'd say Ullanor, Isstvan V, the Sanguiniary Guard rescue secene mentioned earlier, and, as a final scene, show the traitors retreating as you listen to comm chatter from across Terra as the loyalists realise they've won.

Thats an interesting idea. If I may put my two cents in - I would cut in shots of the fallen too in order to show the cost of life the Heresy has claimed and have the comm chatter fade out as the traitors retreat toward the Eye.

My vote would be the scene of Loken pinned under the rubble, watching the virus bombs slowly erupt in the air above him.

Something about that just screamed emotional movie moment to me. You could almost hear the Dead Island piano music, or LOST's 'Life and Death'.

My vote would be the scene of Loken pinned under the rubble, watching the virus bombs slowly erupt in the air above him.

Something about that just screamed emotional movie moment to me. You could almost hear the Dead Island piano music, or LOST's 'Life and Death'.

that moment would be totally awesome to see

if loken actually died

as he didnt, it is now just a wasted moment.

all is just my opinion.

WLK

Personally for me the most important scene, or most epic, would be Sanguinus snapping the Blood thirster over his knee then throwing its corpse back into the milling traitors at the (I think) Infinity Gate. The whole siege of the Imperial palace reminds me so much of the Battle for Helms Deep in the LotR movies. Epic, sweeping battle upon which the future of humanity exists. Proud and valiant sacrifices as well as a good dose of slaughter. Like any good climactic battle should be...

The planet murder, 2 reasons!

1: the brother bond between the angel and lupercal. ( maks the fight between the two much more tragic)

2: the pimp slapping of the EC captain by ??tarik?? ( just the way he does it)

Atin

I agree that it is better in the book. Like Anakin's Hamlet-esque wordplay as he kills the Separatist leaders. I was jaded after watching a badly written movie that was part of an ill-conceived and unecessary story arc. Before, Star Wars was a trilogy of two excellent films and one decidedly average film. Now, it's a franchise of four good games (Battlefront I & II, KOTOR I & II) three poor films, one decidedly average and two excellent films, an apocalyptically poor cartoon series, okay comics and a series of poor novels (who are the Yuuzhan Vong anyway?)

Sigismund becoming the Emperor's Champion

How about Sigismund killing Khârn and Polux becoming Crimson Fists Chapter Master?

Sigismund killing Khârn in the most epic duel ever

Agreed.

Great input mates.

As far as Primarchs killing Primarchs is concerned, i would love to see a scene of Guilliman killing Alpharius on Eskrador with the Alpha Legion going ape$H*t and slaughtering the UM assault force.

Abject failure and fury immediately vented on the UM's heads, now that would be a sight wouldn't it.

Greetings

As far as Primarchs killing Primarchs is concerned, i would love to see a scene of Guilliman killing Alpharius on Eskrador with the Alpha Legion going ape$H*t and slaughtering the UM assault force.

And a post credits scene with Alpharius leaning back on a comfy chair, breaking the fourth wall and saying "Just as planned..." directly to the audience :P

And a post credits scene with Alpharius leaning back on a comfy chair, breaking the fourth wall and saying "Just as planned..." directly to the audience :P

Blasphemer!! ;)

Well we can be certain that one of the Twins is pretty much dead by Guilliman's hand, which one it was is not known. Of course one of them is probably still at large. But the faithful servants of the Emperor beloved by all will bring that wretch to justice that is as certain as orkish belligerence.

God I hope the HH novels won't mess this part of the story up.

Salutations

Well we can be certain that one of the Twins is pretty much dead by Guilliman's hand, which one it was is not known.

No. We cannot. We don't even know if that whole event took place at all, and if it did who died. Secrets and lies. Legion trolling.

Oh dear, I don't know in which way Abnett is doing more damage to the HH series, whether it is the other books appearing pale in comparison to his writings or the rampant overestimation of the Alpha Legion caused by that bloody awesome work "Legion".

Ever since that evil little book was published people believe the AL to be cunning beyond reason and all powerful.

Let me put it this way, Horus immediately recognised Alpharius/Omegon as a Primarch when coming toe to toe with him, I guess we can take it for granted that Guilliman would recognise one of his brothers especially when considering that they have a history of hard feelings between them.

The people who believe Guilliman cannot tell apart a larger-than-average Astartes from one of his equals are the same people who contend that Fulgrim killed Ferrus simply "cause he is bada$$".

I wish we would all stop being rampant fanboys of our own legions/chapters/primarchs to the extent that we would even seek to deny canon.

No offence intended, let us keep everything civil please.

cheers

All 20 birthing pods being scatterd across space whith quick montages of each and every primarchs fate/future (displayed at some part during the siege of terra when the Emperor is in his throne room and thinks back to how it all started) and maybe some hint as too the 2 missing birth pods.

Vulkan's Trial against the Emprah, or Kurze's childhood (hah!) on Nostromo.

Or, failing that, some badass with two swords wrecking ork faces left and right like a kickass machine with the kick-asses dial set to eleven.

Oh dear, I don't know in which way Abnett is doing more damage to the HH series, whether it is the other books appearing pale in comparison to his writings or the rampant overestimation of the Alpha Legion caused by that bloody awesome work "Legion".

Ever since that evil little book was published people believe the AL to be cunning beyond reason and all powerful.

Let me put it this way, Horus immediately recognised Alpharius/Omegon as a Primarch when coming toe to toe with him, I guess we can take it for granted that Guilliman would recognise one of his brothers especially when considering that they have a history of hard feelings between them.

The people who believe Guilliman cannot tell apart a larger-than-average Astartes from one of his equals are the same people who contend that Fulgrim killed Ferrus simply "cause he is bada$$".

I wish we would all stop being rampant fanboys of our own legions/chapters/primarchs to the extent that we would even seek to deny canon.

No offence intended, let us keep everything civil please.

cheers

You do realise that 1) Alpharius was no bigger than the rest of his Legion, so he was no different physically, so unless Guilliman goes on the guess of "hmm, that AL is 2mm taller than his brothers! He must be Alpharius!", discounting the possibilities that said AL might just be 2mm taller than Alpharius. 2) Horus recognised Alpharius because Alpharius was fighting alongside standard humans. Small as he may be, he still looks like a Marine, and so is easy to pick out, whereas Guilliman fought Alpharius after the Alpha Legion took on the whole "no, I'm Spartacus!" thing, so the two situations aren't comparable at all, and 3) the very IA article in which you're getting your information throws doubt on the events, as the Ultramarines themselves deny the battle ever took place, and the Inquisitor who "discovered" the data was later revealed to be an Alpha Legion mole. Abnett didn't invent the "secrets within secrets" aspect of the Alpha Legion, it's been there long before he wrote the book.

There is a movie about Curze's childhood. It's called the Dark Knight.

Vulkan's Trial against the Emprah, or Kurze's childhood (hah!) on Nostromo.

Or, failing that, some badass with two swords wrecking ork faces left and right like a kickass machine with the kick-asses dial set to eleven.

And a post credits scene with Alpharius leaning back on a comfy chair, breaking the fourth wall and saying "Just as planned..." directly to the audience :)

He needs to be stroking a white persian cat as well

Archived