Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

Monthly reporting :tongue:

Almost Midwinter and feels like Xmas here; got a super heavy Legend, El Leone (finally) and 'Know thine Enemy' in written form arrived all on the same day.

20230722_132227.thumb.jpg.24b225d506e25b067a668748d831ecfa.jpg

Weather is not allowing spraying undercoat on the last 3 Legends yet, but some more progress is being made on the Deathwing Lads... Weapon Arm by Weapon Arm....

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

It is an amazing model and I'm sure you'll do the paintjob justice! I was also contemplating getting a Falchion, Fellblade or Glaive (which I know doesn't have rules, but it just looks so freaking cool), but with the move to legends, they lost that sale. Good for the wallet, which will now have to wait until the Lancer and Castigator Knights land :biggrin:

How are you going to paint it? Greenwing or 30k old skyle with a lot of weathering?

I'll definitely be painting him as a Greenwing Armoury asset to go with my other lads.

Real shame about the two tier rules system, it's really affected wishlists everywhere.

Even so, this guy has been wanted by me for a few years so I got him regardless.

He will just be a centrepiece on the shelf apart from a game of Apoc every year or so.

I'll be taking my Warhound to tournaments now, because apparently that's ok... :laugh::biggrin::facepalm:

• 4 months later...

Been a few haircuts since I've been here. Been in the AT and LI space when hobby time allows...

Except for Brother Grot's most excellent Secret Santa project. 

Glad I took a couple of pics before this wee Legend went to his new home:

20231118_111452.thumb.jpg.cf55ed6454ce5985fccf0b694f30069d.jpg

20231124_063848.thumb.jpg.1b22f3a5dd64af0b6c276414be5050e4.jpg

Spent the last couple of days sorting My LI now it's finally arrived (Antipodian Delayed Fiasco lol)

Yesterday did a quick colour test on some minis printed a year ago for AT basing material which have now become useful.

20231227_151542.thumb.jpg.ed817aad1d0f6de6e7f620ca7b4007c8.jpg

And today my son's Baneblades and my THawks arrived, spent the morning building his first... mine now, yay!

20231228_153414.thumb.jpg.6ad61b3012e6b01081a178da3f316bca.jpg

Here's 2024's starting point for my Dark Angels Aerial Assault Formation supported by the Ferocious Legio Atarus.

They will be facing the Mighty Legio Krytos and their Traitorous Solar Auxiliaries tank formations.

I have many more micro dudes to get, once GeeDub sort their release and supply issues out of course.

This may get in the way of 28mm scale projects :laugh: but mixing it up is fun, so who knows...

20231229_105153.thumb.jpg.b1663cc5d22dd53e688168811d67cfd3.jpg

Cheers, Raziel.

I intend to add a bunch of Fire Raptors, Dreads and Speeders to that formation once the second wave drops. 

Also create a new drop pod formation once they become available. 

I'm not sure how to add in the Predators and Sicarans. Hopefully, they can add to the DP Formation.... 

.... and plenty of bad guys too :devil:

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

Well done to everyone getting stuck in to 32mm scale DA and the new Suppliment over the last couple of months.

For me Dec-Mar is crazy busy IRL, so I am stoked to get a sprue of mini mini minis done on this long weekend.

Smol is good.

20240331_143450.thumb.jpg.3e5151c6f31704a9c4b87f6dd7905e53.jpg

Banner needs a decal, waiting for something to be released here in purchasable amounts lolz.

Cheers brother, the printed 'sculpts' are really similar, just the little round bits under their feet are a give away. And I trimmed those as much as possible and hid them under sand too.

Luckily at this scale details are less important, makes the mental load less, just bung some paint on, wash, smidgen of blind, sorted.