The Primarchs - Artwork

Nikt208

Having said that, am I really the only person curious as to why Horus is in Terminator armour in that pic (which he isn't depicted as wearing until well after Ullanor)? :huh:

Na your not he first on this thread to question it. ;)

I would personally assume that Horus or any of the Primarchs had a suit of Terminator armour anyway.

Is there a such thing as Teminator armor for a Primarch? Id imagine all of their weapons were master crafted and all their armor is artificed personally.

True it would have to be custom armour but the Primarchs could have a suit of Terminator armour it would just be rather large compared to "standard" suits.

As far as Horus in the Terminator Armor, I'm sure you guys remember the story when Horus and the termie squad teleport into the ork lair and only he and Abbadon survive. I know it was Orks but was that Ullanor?

Yeh that was Ullanor. :huh:

Na your not he first on this thread to question it. B)

Actually, I was. :P

I would personally assume that Horus or any of the Primarchs had a suit of Terminator armour anyway.

I would think their suits of master-worked/artificer armour would be superior to a suit of "normal" artificer armour or even Terminator armour anyway. The suit Kelbor Hal gives Horus later on seems like it was something extra-special even for Terminator armour.

As far as Horus in the Terminator Armor, I'm sure you guys remember the story when Horus and the termie squad teleport into the ork lair and only he and Abbadon survive. I know it was Orks but was that Ullanor?

Where's that story?

Yes, Ullanor was home to the largest Ork threat in the galaxy at that time. Horus teleported into the Warlord's chamber along with Abaddon and some termies. All the termies died while Horus threw the Ork Warlord from the top of the tower into the horde below :D

Where's that story?

Index Astartes IV but you can read about it on Lexicanum

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ullanor_Crusade

and Wh40k wiki

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Ullanor_Crusade

Isn't it possible that Sanguinius might dye his hair. I remember reading in one of the books (don't know which one) that he puts black make-up on. I think Fulgrim and Lorgar do too but I could be wrong.

Proportions, did they just get thrown out the window? Or is that balcony really a mile long?

I'm not sure what you mean about the perspective. How does the balcony look a mile long? It looks fine to me...

Horus is Huge, like comically HUGE, and then as you go from him they all seem to get smaller, as if they are quite far away. It looks odd to me.

I like a LOT of 40K art, but this picture is very uninspiring to me

Horus reminds me of

The only problem with using the IA story as proof of Horus in Terminator armour is that teleporting doesn't equate to being in Terminator armour. There are even multiple examples in the Heresy novels thus far of power armoured Astartes and Primarchs (off the top of my head we've seen Dorn, Jonson and even Horus himself) teleporting into battle. Theres also the fact that every appearance of Terminator armour clad warriors in the series so far has been highlighted with vivid descriptions of these slab-sided armoured behemoths, and only after he is gifted his suit by the Mechanicum do we see anything like that for Horus.

It just doesn't fit with how we've seen him described thus far. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him described as wearing Terminator armour at the ceremony at Ullanor though.

DIDM, that photo is unnecessary and given that the term Mongoloid has in the past been used to label people with Down's Syndrome and other groups of people as being of lesser intelligence, I take a little bit of offense to it.

sorry, no offense meant

it is an actual semi race of people, and Horus looks to be a part of that group. Again, nothing I said is meant to offend, it is just an observation. I will remove it if it bothers you.

DIDM, that photo is unnecessary and given that the term Mongoloid has in the past been used to label people with Down's Syndrome and other groups of people as being of lesser intelligence, I take a little bit of offense to it.

sorry, no offense meant

it is an actual semi race of people, and Horus looks to be a part of that group. Again, nothing I said is meant to offend, it is just an observation. I will remove it if it bothers you.

My issue is that it was used in a derogatory context, especially when coupled with that photo. In any case, thank you for your understanding.

I'm a little sad that I can't see Sanguinius' wings.

It is a great picture, but my primarch is in the back, and some of his defining features are hidden :/

I am glad to finally see Dorne and Khan though :angry:

I would have loved to see more detail of Sanguinius as well, but as someone mentioned before being in the back shows his humility. I really liked that explanation because it is really fitting.

sorry, no offense meant

My issue is that it was used in a derogatory context, especially when coupled with that photo. In any case, thank you for your understanding.

this is the problem with the internet, you can read words how you like, and some read them differently than others. Sarcasm for one is impossible to pick up in type.

Like I said, I'm sorry if I offended anyone, was not indenting for that.

and in definition, the word means like a mongol, which in actuality is a LOT of people. IIRC they estimate about 13% of the world is related to Genghis, The Mongol. He ruled the known world for years, and had many children. Horus would have loved to be one of his sons.

It just doesn't fit with how we've seen him described thus far. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him described as wearing Terminator armour at the ceremony at Ullanor though.

Old tales need revamped, especially with GW stories as they need to fit what makes sense. :P

Archived