The Primarchs - Artwork

Nikt208

On a related note, it would seem we are no longer getting a story on Alpharius/Omegon from Rob Sanders, or so I believe. The Primarchs covered will be Fulgrim (Mcneill), The Lion (Gav Thorpe), Ferrus Manus (Nick Kyme), Konrad Kurze (ADB). Whilst I would love to read more about the Lion and Ferrus, I have my reservations about the authors doing them, not a big fan of either Gav Thorpe or Nick Kyme's stuff. Would have really liked Rob Sanders, or Chris Wraight to have had a stab at them.

BL-meeting:

Let´s make a book about the Primarchs, wich ones should we pick?

Well, let take some that already have several books dedicated to them!

Whilst I'm not at the end of the current HH books, I don't think either Ferrus or Kurze have had a book yet, have they, apart from brief mentions?

The Lion needs more love. While Fulgrim.... Yeah, maybe someone else would've been better.

BL-meeting:

Let´s make a book about the Primarchs, wich ones should we pick?

Well, let take some that already have several books dedicated to them!

Whilst I'm not at the end of the current HH books, I don't think either Ferrus or Kurze have had a book yet, have they, apart from brief mentions?

The Lion needs more love. While Fulgrim.... Yeah, maybe someone else would've been better.

Ferrus had a failry big part in Fulgrim but I don't mind him having a short story. Fulgrim on the other hand...

I would like to see more about Perturabo or Vulkan. They haven't really cropped up in a big way yet.

The Lion needs more love.

There've been two Dark Angel books already...

He isn't very well represented in them though. I'd like to see more of the Lion if ADB did it. He was great in that short story.

There've been two Dark Angel books already...

He isn't very well represented in them though. I'd like to see more of the Lion if ADB did it. He was great in that short story.

'Zactly. The Lion needs more stuff.

And I say that mainly without my personal army basis. Better to finish off him and then move on to another Primarch than have, say, a short story about Sangunius and have both the Lion and old Sangy 'incomplete'

Looking forward to seeing how Ferrus turns out though. He was good in Fulgrim.

Yeah, i know what you're saying, i just think there are other Primarchs/Legions more worthy of a new book.

The DA have two books and a short story under their belt, i think that puts them just behind the Sons of Horus with three books and a short story or two. (Not counting the Audios, i don't know whos in those.)

Honestly, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Mr. Abnett will get the Khan at some point. I loved his short story, Little Horus, and I fully believe he could breathe fresh life into the White Scars. Plus, if you want to talk about a Legion that's been utterly ignored in the HH series so far, the Khan and the Scars are definetley numero uno.

EDIT: And I swear to God, if BL cuts mention of the White Scars actions during the siege of Terra, or only dedicates a short story to it, I'm gonna go friggin' nuclear... :)

Yeah, i know what you're saying, i just think there are other Primarchs/Legions more worthy of a new book.

The DA have two books and a short story under their belt, i think that puts them just behind the Sons of Horus with three books and a short story or two. (Not counting the Audios, i don't know whos in those.)

Though they actually show very little of the Lion himself, generally just portraying him as a bastard. Maybe I'm just wishing.

Guess BL will do what BL will do...

Honestly, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Mr. Abnett will get the Khan at some point. I loved his short story, Little Horus, and I fully believe he could breathe fresh life into the White Scars. Plus, if you want to talk about a Legion that's been utterly ignored in the HH series so far, the Khan and the Scars are definetley numero uno.

EDIT: And I swear to God, if BL cuts mention of the White Scars actions during the siege of Terra, or only dedicates a short story to it, I'm gonna go friggin' nuclear... :P

I think the reason why the Scars have been so low-key so far is that they are going to get center-stage later on. The action against the Alpha Legion at Chondax is likely to get its own book -- it explains one reason why the Wolves weren't able to get to Terra in time -- and, as you say, their role at Terra is also likely to get its own book.

Magnus looks like a racist caricature of an Indian Chief.

Me big chief Magnus Sitting Bull.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6500000/The-Chief-peter-pan-6585152-300-223.jpg

I'm so happy you said that.

I love the picture... but i have a few criticisms, although they are all due to 'my' image of the characters.

1. Magnus - I see his skin more bronze than red. And i agree with the 'troll' look-a-like comment.

2. Angron - I Like the posture, he is itching to do something so hovering low and just waiting to throw himself over the balcony at someond down below. That said, i imagined him with black hair hanging over his face and small ports in his skull. Dont like the small red head.

3. Logar - At 1st i thought he was Dorn! LoL. I imagined Logar to look like Dorn but with loads of scrolls and purity seals as well as inscriptions on his armour.

4. Dorn - The only part of this image i agree with is his nose! LoL. I imagined him to look more like Logar does but with short hair.

5. Horus - This just isnt what i imagined at all.

All these comments are just from what 'I' imagine them to look like not what they 'should' look like. I love the posture of each character in this pic and think they are very suitable.

I'd always pictured Horus as having some form of hair. I don't like him in this picture.

Angron looks kinda ... weedy, for the primarch that could supposedly beat all of the others (except maybe Sanguinius and Horus I belive it was said somewhere, correct me if I'm wrong!) in combat, he looks like a bit of a runt! ;)

Also, where are Sanguinius' wings?? :P EDIT: I know a few people have said that white blob is his wings, but they look too high up to be wings, if they are wings they are hugely out of proportion.

Otherwise, its a great picture! :P

Also, where are Sanguinius' wings?? <_< EDIT: I know a few people have said that white blob is his wings, but they look too high up to be wings, if they are wings they are hugely out of proportion.

Seriously? Sangy is friggin' huge, and his wings are actually capable of flight. Those wings would have to be massive to overcome his weight, bro. Just sayin'.

Also, where are Sanguinius' wings?? <_< EDIT: I know a few people have said that white blob is his wings, but they look too high up to be wings, if they are wings they are hugely out of proportion.

Seriously? Sangy is friggin' huge, and his wings are actually capable of flight. Those wings would have to be massive to overcome his weight, bro. Just sayin'.

They must've been figurative wings. He actually has an organic set of copter blades. Whup whup whup weeeee.

Also, where are Sanguinius' wings?? :P EDIT: I know a few people have said that white blob is his wings, but they look too high up to be wings, if they are wings they are hugely out of proportion.

I know he's big, but that's like shoving Eagle wings on a seagull, way more than would be needed for him to be capable of flight!

EDIT: Typos

If that seagull was twice it's size, though, it'd need those larger wings to be able to lift it's weight is my point, brother. The larger the creature, the larger the wingspan to be able to achieve flight. Plus add in the thicker structure of the human body, plus all the shenanigans going on inside a Primarch (super thick muscle, super-dense bones, etc), and the gigantic wings make total sense.

Just my friendly opinion, man. :P

Good point actually, I forgot about all that hyperdense bone etc, not to mention that birds have hollow bones, so I suppose they are probably realistic! I'm got a bit hung up on the classic angel image looking at it and thought they looked to big, but putting on my biology hat and considering the actual mechanics of flight, the larger wings are probably better! ;)

Thanks for straightening me out! :P

EDIT: Typos have boarded my post again! :P (No, I haven't been playing dreadfleet!)

Wish to see some whole book about Imperial Fists Legion. They were always on second plan in all HH books, not showing what Dorn was like and his legion - their's traditions, fighting style etc. Always only mentioned in few sentences in other books ( i skiped Lighting Tower cuz it was poor :P ).

Archived