Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

:( :angry: :cuss @$%&!!!!!!!!!!! I missed the competition AGAIN!!!

Mah.... Ohwell, nice Leman Russ, although he looks a little on the possessed side to me.

Can you please do the Night Haunter now?.... I need inspiration for my Night Lords TT_TT

fantastic work on the wolf king brother greyall, i love the feral vibe i get from him :)

this must be the thread i stalk the most and which makes me most giddy with anticipation.

keep up the great art!

and i strongly support the vote for a timely arrival of the haunter!

YES!!!!! Praise be to the darkness, for oblivion has come to those wretched fools who stand against the night! Their skulls will be piled in a sea of bones and their skins will whip in the tortured winds as our banners! Blood and Rust await the crumbling Imperium of man and we shall feast upon their terror and their souls, for we are Fear incarnate and we are the death of all mankind! We Have Come For You All!

( :cuss On a quick note, will you be drawing him Pre Renegade style where he's all boring and normal, or are you going Heresy Era where he has become deranged and mutated into the visage of fear itself? I'd personally prefer to see the Heresy Era as after all that is the true nature of the Primarch)

Now you cornered me...I wasn't aware he'd ever looked like anything but a bluish corpse. So at the start of the Crusade he had a more healthy look to him?

Since I assume he always used fear and started his career by prying open the ribcages of corrupt and murderous bastards, I think he'll look scary no matter which phase I choose to represent. I think I'll keep with the Crusade-era armour. Worry not, mate, this is 40K, a loyalist Primarch can look as dark and grim as a daemon. Curze will be made justice - even if he may not deserve it =p

if you have the book first heretic from the horus Heresy line I'm pretty sure i remember them giving a short description of what Curze looked like soon after arrival on his homeworld. you could look that up for inspiration.

just looked it up for you, if it helps grey. what the book states is that Curze is Corpse pale, with gaunt unhealthy features. later in the book just before the Dropside massacare Curze is desc as his tature once being regal and noble but now broken, all grace and grandeur caste aside skinned down to a lethal cadaverous noble, where his armour is black edged with unpolished bronze with power claw of four curving blades for fingers on each hand (some super lightning claws i guess... or literally powerfists/lightning claws all in one package)). and lastly during the fight between Corax and Curze Corax looks into Curze's face and it says its like Corax is looking into Void Black eyes much like his own.

i hope this info helps its all i can piece in a short couple of minutes based on what the book says.

From what I gathered from all the novels and stories I've read, I think I can give pretty accurate description.

Pre Renegade Curze (Main source coming from The Dark King) still bore those perfect features of a Primarch; strong aqullin features, angular and straight. Like those of his people, his skin is marble pale, his are are jet black consuming the entire surface of his eyes, and his long black hair rolls down his back like a mane.

There is definently a difference in his appearance from his former self and the Night Haunter when he went renegade with his legion because in the short story Savage Weapons, Lion El' Johnson is blatently surprised by his brother's appearance and even makes note of it 'Brother, what has happened to you?...'

The Renegade Curze is still technically Pre Heresy seeing as he went traitor even before Horus or Lorgar and this extends to until the end of the Heresy. His features are, as mentioned before, that of a corpse, pale and withered to the point of gaunt. His lips have receeded back to almost a lipless maw, his teeth filed down to needle fangs. That of his eyes that are not jet black (I assume that can only be seen if he looks out of the corner of his eyes, is blood shot. His hair is ragged and oily slick, matted down in locks down his body. He has a cadaverous smile, cold and heartless in it's feature. My sources for this come from Savage Weapons, Soul Hunter, The First Heretic, and Blood Reaver.

Nught Haunter mutates further to the point of a complete monster, following the Heresy up to the point of his death where his own sons could not firmly reckonginze him as somewhere between his genetic perfection of a primarch and the bestial corruption of an abomination but that is for another time. ;)

His armor doesn't have much in the way of detail aside from a few minor details. His weapons are that of the lightning claws, which is different depending where you look because at some points it says that they serve as the fingers of his gauntlets and others say that they are housed just abouve the knuckles. My personal opinion is it would be better to have him with the claws extend from above the fingers and then he can slide his fingers into a housing beneath the claws that allow them to functions as his fingers but he can choose whichever way (My main reasoning because

in Savage Weapons, Curze is strangling the Lion with his hands and if the claws were his fingers, he would've cut the Lions head clean off.

It also seems more appropriate for a primarch to have the versatility singe these are after all master crafted weapons made specifically for the Primarch) and lastly is his cloak of raven feathers that embraces his body as a kings mantle (mentioned various times in different novels)

Two optional but otherwise negligable items are Curzes' signet ring and the Corona Nox, his crown. The Corona Nox is of great importance in the Lord of The Night novel but has otherwise been ignored by multipule author's who have described him since. Also it seems rather silly for him to wear it during combat and but that's just my opinion. As for the ring, well you can't wear that when you're in armor anyway. ^_^

Hope this helps man.

At the start, I do think it was mainly simple lack of care but towards the end of his life, he had talons for fingers the length of his lightning claws and a lipless maw bristling with fangs. It slowly went from self destruction to full on corruption,

It'll take some time. A few weeks, most likely, January will be a bad month for drawing, due to exams. But draw him I shall, and he'll kick thy arse.

i raise my claws in salute sir B)

and i'm off to flensing some slaves in giddy anticipation...

Brother there is not one drawing here i dont like they are amazing im even considering picking up a pencil havent done that since i left school(9 years ago)

How long have you been drawing?

Archived