Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

I,d think a jagged or sharp edge border/trim would work for curse not chaos trim just something that would draw the eye and just distort or trouble the person viewing it. Fits his MO imho.

Wiseguy, eh? Got it all figured out, do you...? =)

Right on the spot, mate.

Thanks for the confidence, Semper. Actually, I'm getting mentally prepared for Curze being as much of a workload on the computer as he's being on paper. If I was to present the drawing as it is now, it'd be unacceptable. It's so full of erased lines it's not even funny.

Your Assault Captain is next, by the way, before the next Primarch. Eager as hell to get started on him.

Your not the first won,t be the last to call me a smart :).

Curze looks great nice detail work.

Hope that didn't get misunderstood, mate, it's just that you really guessed what I went for, with the pointed trim.

^_^ No no offence taken it,s nice to be right once in a while is all. A Sarcasm option would be great for the board :P .

Again curze looks great.

Now what would you do with the Lion?

A Sarcasm option would be great for the board :P .

QFT, but until then I guess we shall have to use the ye olde [sarcasm] brackets. :P

@Greyall Good point made sir, I should probably just look through the thread and count them all! :D

I know I gave you some crap with the whole "Batman" crack, but this... wow. My favorite primarch of yours to date. The tiny little skeletons on the gauntlet... wonderful touch. You really hit the nail on the head with this one mate, no doubt about it.

Now, who are you doing next?

Like everyone else..

I drool over these time and time again.

I understand you're not taking requests unless we crack your puzzles, but I would very much like to see your interpretation of the Lord of Thirteen... Black Crusades (I haven't seen it while trolling this thread)

Yes, he is already extensively covered elsewhere by other artists, but while GWs art shows the darkness of the 41st millenium, you're work is a lot more intimate and personal.

Keep up the great work, and throw an easy riddle my way!

*stores all his gruesome torture instruments back on their rack*

wow mate, i knew the haunter would look great drawn by you, but this is way beyond what i imagined.

all the details are fantastic and i especially love his claws :tu:

can't wait to see whats next!

Okay, time for a riddle.

Now, before this, I have to say I've accepted a few requests, some because I found them genuinely interesting, others because I'm bad at saying 'No'. I don't regret any of them, as far as the final artwork is concerned, but I do regret accepting them when requests are supposed to be for those who win these riddles. So, as of today, I'll be accepting no more requests. I'll finish the two I've accepted - to do otherwise who be breaking a promise - but that's it.

There's a different type of requests that I'll keep doing. Cases like Captain Semper or Shamblin, who, in one way or another, have helped me with drawings.

On to the riddle then. Again, I ask those who've got their characters drawn not to participate.

The next Primarch I'll be drawing ended up serving as sort of a 'to do' list to his Chapter. 'Sort of' is the key expression, here.

Best of luck, I'll try to come to the internet throughout the night.

The next Primarch I'll be drawing ended up serving as sort of a 'to do' list to his Chapter. 'Sort of' is the key expression, here.

Edit: Whoops, just noticed you drew Vulkan.

Hurm, Russ and Vulkan are the ones that instantly pop out at me with the 'to do' part and it seems you already drew them.

I guess Rouboute would have to be my guess then. The whole Codex and all that.

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/351/4/c/rafen_talonspyre_by_greyall-d4jckbm.jpg

Y'know, I really like this one. I think it reminds me of a GrimDark version of Tyrael from Diablo.

So many good pictures in this thread though. You need to mash them all up into one mega wallpaper when finished.

Greyall, I'm sorry I have yet to comment on your amazing Curze! More than anything I liked the face! The malice and hatred could not be done better! Another point I'd like to highlight is the bats! VERY nicely done! They look very real and very scary indeed! Not so hot on the birds though... I think you could without...

The detail on the armor is exquisite and don't get me started on the claws! ^_^ and I like the thinking you put behind the design! Well researched as per usual. I think you have a thing for the Night Lords as the best one until now ( for me that is) was the NL Raptor! So keep feeding us with your super images, can't wait for the next!

I'd love to guess on your riddle, but as I'm already in the privileged position to get one request, I'll keep it to myself. :)

Rejoice, Bolters and Chainsworders, a wild winner has appeared!

It goes by the name of Captain Engelhardt, and has earned the right to have a character drawn. Well done, mate.

I ask you to make your request here on the thread, since I always end up putting here anyhow. So which power armoured badass would you like me to draw for you?

Sweet! Or to quote the very genius from your avatar: "I am so smart, I am so smart, S-M-R-T!"

Give me a day's time to think about something and I'll gladly put forward a proper challenge ^_^

edit: in fact my favourite character is Curze, and since Fulgrim is pretty set artwork-wise, I'll have to come up with somebody else ^^

I'm scared ^_^ less of drawing both the Lion and Angron, mainly because I've done them both before and they came out pretty well. Dorn was one of my first drawings in 40K, so he leaves more room for improvement, but the other two are more in line, quality-wise, with what I put out nowadays, so I'll draw them eventually, but I'm a little anxious about doing so.

Edit: Take your time, Engelhardt, and choose wisely. Thanks, again. =)

I'm scared :P less of drawing both the Lion and Angron, mainly because I've done them both before and they came out pretty well. Dorn was one of my first drawings in 40K, so he leaves more room for improvement, but the other two are more in line, quality-wise, with what I put out nowadays, so I'll draw them eventually, but I'm a little anxious about doing so.

Edit: Take your time, Engelhardt, and choose wisely. Thanks, again. =)

Really kind of curious how you would portray El,jonson the ornate armour most primarchs are seen in or a striped down version that suites him better then the grandiose stuff the others have.

Congrats Engelhardt.

Well, I like how my first attempt at Jonson went:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/356/b/b/lion_el_jonson_by_greyall-d2wbayy.jpg

It's safe to say it tends more to the ornate side of things and, frankly, him being the King of Caliban, I can't envision a monarch wearing more plainish armour. Still, he is very devoted to his duties, first and foremost so, without promising anything, I think my next attempt might focus more on the knight side of things.

Archived