Akan's Reavers

Hyaenidae

IC

0000000000000000001111111111111111001000010010100001010010010100001000000000000010101111000111010010

1001001000100010010010101000101010010100000000000000000000000000001111111010100101010010101010011111

110####.../////ABC,,,,,,,,,,, Bizz, Bitsy Biddly Bum. Tertionary Adjunct of////////////// SkReeeeeeeee!111001010 ...............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

And so it Begins! The petty power plays of mewling whelps and lower forms of life, ever buzzing in the ears / aural receptors of far, far superior beings like the inane prattlings of flying insects! Tsk, tsk, tsk! Oh please exalted Lord ever so very high, even higher than Huron Blackheart or the Corpse God! I will be your champion and heap flensed cranial sockets at you very feet every day and rub your back for you! Pah, mewling kittens!

Korovius of The Angels of Ecstasy, bred from the Gene Seed of the abhorant Mutant Sanguinas, and Callor of the Nova Marines how the followers of that accursed Codex have fallen!

Have they, Have They, Have They Gifted Akan an army of Skittari Servitor Droidlings and enhanced Ogryn patterns! No They Have not! 0000000000000010101, Yes indeed noble Dread Claw Beta Nine, They Have Not! There that battle damage has all been soothed away now!

Skreeee, Awooga! Ah yes Third Brain, yes I see our plans for the underslung suspensor unit for the MeltaGun / Multi Melta appendage for my Dexter Servo-Arm are coming along nicely, well within acceptable tolerances. WwetiN No Sixth Brain! What you say Hastur Rock of The Imperial Fists is due a Melta? Well it is ever their forte. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0101010111000110101!!! Not That MeatBag of a Salamander! Curse That Founding Legion! That I as indeed technology personified bearer of the ingrained thought engrams of one of the exalted Morlocks of the X Legion should lose place of bearing a Melta to the accursed XVIII COWARD LEGION! Ever Curse their progeny and that of the XIXth LEGION!

0010101010 Ah well perhaps Third Brain it may also be modified to maybe a Conversion Beamer or a Holy Gauss pattern.

Yes, yes Fourth and Twelve Brain I am quite very sure that your hexagrammetic dampening fields are exceptionally secure, besides none of the MeatBags on this ship or even in this quadrant speak Basic BASIC. Yes I understand that my audience with Lord Akan is due, please prepare the transmat!

< Flash! >

By Your Command Lord Akan!

Finally, I've gotten the final word from up high about posting the the mortals of this army here. The short answer is No. Due to this, I'm looking around for a different place to post the army, so all of you can enjoy it. I don't go to any other forums other than the B & C, so any suggestions of good, friendly forums would be helpful.

friendliest forum ive found yet...

http://swchq.co.uk/swcforum/index.php?sid=...3f56012d08296dc

and dont be fooled its not all about spacewolves(seriously i only have one spacewolf model, though im thinking their codex for my iron warriors...)

His post here...

Red Dwarf reference? If so... +1.

It wasn't meant to be, as AdMech are known in at least one book as having more than one brain for different tasks. But I will take the compliment where its due.

The very idea that Maximillian DeWitt has a middle name of Kryten, that he has been infected by a Hex Virus and that one of his servo-arms is called Mr Fwibble is utterly preposterous!

Next you'll have me naming his sevitors Skutters.

Though I would say that Thorn is prime Arnold Rimmer material.

@Brother Nathan: Thanks, I'll check 'em out!

Current votes for meltagunner are:

Hastur Rook: 2

Tritus: 1

Sarganath:2

Keep 'em coming!

Some updates on my end...I have begun collecting parts for this project, with each character getting their own little baggy full of bitz, lol. I'm making a Forgeworld order soon for some Mk. III, and IV plate, as it seems to be the 'in' thing right now, plus some of the older bolters. I'll be heading down to the local hobby shop this weekend to pick up some thicker gauge plasticard, so as to Truescale these fellas. Hopefully by Sunday evening, I'll have the first WIP up.

Next, to show my devotion to this project, I am putting my Marines Malevolent on an indefinate hiatus. Honestly, I've run out of inspiration for them at this point, and I seriously need a break from them for a long while. A shame, yes, but I'd rather put a project on a long hold than begin to create sub-standard mini's.

Finally, Hoist the Black Flag, men.... :HQ:

gallery_37532_6659_10532.png

Sooo...I tried some spikey shoulders on the skeleton, annnd...hell no, lol. He looked like he was about to jump into a game of Blood Bowl, lol.

Personally, I think the flag is pretty solid. It gives the apperance that we are still Astartes, yet pirates and kings of Hell; Instead of Daemons who are kings. Mutating the skeleton just makes the flag look odd to me.

Meh. Prove me wrong though, I'm welcome to it. I suck at photoshop, and I'm worse at paint, lol.

Still need votes for the Meltagunners, gentlemen!!!!

Ah this thread moves swift.

Nice work on the flag Captain. If I may offer a humble suggestion? Lower the skele so he is centered. There is a big gap below the feet, but none over the head. It irks my sensibilities.. haha. I would of probably made the crown smaller too but eh.

Not sure about the dots either.. sorry. But I do like the inclusion of the arrows in the corners. I would probably make them a little bigger myself. Anyway great work feel free to ignore my crit.

You did that in paint though yes? Pretty good.

Meltagunners? The self promoting Iron hand, and the Sallie.

haha, so pumped to see this warband come along! My votes go with the Sallie and Iron Hand too.

As for wargear... hmm, can't really decided. i know I'd like a Twin-bolter to represent the stormbolter he may have wielded in his days as a loyalist, as for cc weapons, not really sure. I'm willing to hand artistic license over to you Heathens for this. I can't choose between a chainsword, power weapon or fist, and armour and mutations is totally up to you, i know I'll love how he turns out :lol:

@Yogi: Honestly, I'm not as good as you're thinking, lol. All I did was copy a pic of Edward Low's flag, and edited it in paint to add the crown and border. :lol: Thanks for the critique, I'll see what I can do.

@Biaz: Thanks man, I'll make sure Callor looks like a monster with a TL Bolter, lol. Gimme some time, and I'll figure out a good CCW for him, depending on how the mini itself takes shape.

Vote-wise for the Meltagunners, Sarganath is in the lead with 4, and rook and Maximillian are tied for second with 2 each. Looks like the Son of Medusa was able to make a last second turnaround with his mad ramblings, lol. We'll have to see if it's enough...

Again, anyone who is good with paint or photoshop, and/or is a decent artist, I'd love for you to take a shot at our flag (Please!!!! lol). My computer-fu skills are weak, lol. All I ask is that it incorporates a Pirate theme, a skull or skeleton, and consist of only black and red.

@Yogi: Got your PM bro, but yeah, I'd like to keep it high visibility within this thread so that all the Reavers can pitch their ideas, critiques or at the very least see where we are heading, thought wise. Honestly, any cool idea that you can come up with would be great, just please remember I gotta paint these buggers. Not too detailed please, I ain't Michaelangelo, lol. I chose the Red Skeleton because 1. Black flags and bones immedietly evoke a pirate feeling, and 2. I chose red because it was a sign that no mercy would be had, and no prisioners would be taken. I know Noctus is storming up some ideas for the flag as well, but he's having some computer issues at this time too. I'd love to see anything you got, mate!

@Shuggnuggath: Maybe...Seems a bit "daemonic' though, and not all the Reavers' characters are chaos-worshipping psychopaths (note: not all, lol). Some are just mercenaries (Tanith's character, Serkan), or down on their luck renegades (Eerie's character, Kyres), or just not especially devout (Like my character, Akan). I'd like to still give the impression that most of us are still Post-Human...for now. Thanks for the input though, man!

Alright I have a think on it. Simple is how I like things anyway..

So I had a thought. It has to be simple. It has to be recognizable. Why reinvent the wheel? 2minutes in google and I found this.

http://i.imgur.com/JK2UQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0LVlx.png

I think that evokes pirates but is different enough and daemonic enough to also be chaos. Its also red. Nice an easy solution. I also think it would be easier to paint then the full skeleton. Just simplify it a bit..

Anyways that's my lazy contribution.

Alright I have a think on it. Simple is how I like things anyway..

So I had a thought. It has to be simple. It has to be recognizable. Why reinvent the wheel? 2minutes in google and I found this.

http://i.imgur.com/JK2UQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0LVlx.png

I think that evokes pirates but is different enough and daemonic enough to also be chaos. Its also red. Nice an easy solution. I also think it would be easier to paint then the full skeleton. Just simplify it a bit..

Anyways that's my lazy contribution.

I've gotta say I'm totally down with this icon. Simple, effective and a damn sight easier for you to paint 1000heathens ;)

Also, My vote for melta gunner goes to the sally and Hastur Rook. Now.....a way to promote Saa the Flayer as an Icon bearer......hmmmmmm ;)

Saa

.....or something like that

Edit: Unless I'm misunderstanding, a question........why can we not have a WIP thread here on B&C??!??!?!? This has been the most lively chaos thread in ages that hasn't involved *whine whine our codex sucks....waaaah* ??!??! C'mon mods ;)

Edit: Unless I'm misunderstanding, a question........why can we not have a WIP thread here on B&C??!??!?!? This has been the most lively chaos thread in ages that hasn't involved *whine whine our codex sucks....waaaah* ??!??! C'mon mods
Short answer,
"The Bolter & Chainsword exists to help people learn about modelling, painting, understanding, and playing with power armoured armies in the Warhammer 40k game universe."

If need be I can elaborate later but I am heading out of the door at the moment.

Okay, after the mad ramblings I was just exposed to, I change my vote from Rook to the Insane Maxmillion. Hah. Zython gets his revenge for his own vote being switched away. :sweat:

On the newer skull flag, I'd personally say whilst it invokes 'Pirates', it doesn't give the full 'privateer' thing as much. It gives more an impression of death and destruction, rather than pillage, ransacking, and general cutthroat-ing.

Though it does look more chaos-y.

To actually contribute a bit more, what about having the Skeleton holding a dripping axe in either hand? Would probably be relatively easy to paint, perhaps easier than the small hands, would add a bit of sinisterness, and could inspire the 'reaver' image.

The problem, would be that painting it on shoulder pads would involve bending the axes around the curve of the pad, I suppose.

Thank you fgor the votes guys.

As to the Skull and Crossbones Flag.... Well it looks too comical to me, it looks if anything a bit too jolly, its smiling. If anything could make it better it would be a few branching cracks in the skull.

I still prefer the original take on Low's Flag.

If need be I can elaborate later but I am heading out of the door at the moment.

Rules are rules I guess :blink:

Saa

......or something like that

Let me clarify real quick...I can paint Edward Low's flag, I'm quite confident of that. What I meant by 'not too detailed' would be something insane, like the Sistine Chapel. I'm a pretty decent painter, but I'm not gonna be winning any Golden Daemons anytime soon, lol.

@Yogi: I have nothing against the classic skull and crossbones, just more against the particular style of the one you chose. We're a Reaver Warband, not Hell's Angels :D . Maybe if we could blend the two styles?

I'll write more later, I gotta get to PT...

Archived