Angels of Redemption - No Weapon So Savage

Candleshoes

Candleshoes, that's a fan-freakin'-tastic bit of artwork, it does give it the insanely old relic feel. You've done an amazing job on that piece! Can't wait to see what else you might add until it's finished. I'm also liking everything else in your vow, except for the new FW Terminators. They just look off to me for some reason, probably because they aren't as bulky and like people keep saying, almost seem to be a PA/TDA hybrid. They do look like miniature Contemptors though, so that's probably the reason they are the way they are.

Thanks a bunch for the tutorial, may have to see what I can get scrawled onto the side of a new Land Raider. ^_^

Thanks Bryan, and very true words on the terminators.

I found a similar concept for the antique in real life:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Darkbeastman/tumblr_llqyr72z5m1qjafdho1_500.jpg

Candleshoes, have mercy man!

This is amazing work! You're really putting your soul into this and it shows!!! I love that you are giving this old relic imagery to your AoR - it's a completely unique take and it pays off big!

Keep going mate - this is theread made of pure win! :down:

Jeez you guys depress me...ill start from kinda 0 paintingwise, hard to fulfill my own standards and you guys spam pure awesomeness non-stop!

This has to be one of the best subforum, paintingwise...hope i will be able to add at least some good painting, dont even wanna think about freehanding now...

Loving the Ringwraith homage on the Rhino. +1 for the amazing effect with the washes, I don't think there's a chance I could get that effect without horrible tide lines or visible brush marks. It certainly gets the relic feeling across really nicely - will be watching your vehicle progress to get ideas for my pred for my own vow.

Keep it up brother!

One thought about your winged helmets, i checked the bits and i find them kind of thick, did you used them as they are or have you thinned them down? Im considering a press mold for the wings...

Damn how i regret to have registered on B&C, i even have to write down all my inspirations or ill forget them...my mind is swirling with ideas and its starting to mess up my daily schedules :lol:

I even havent bought those paints yet, but i promise to do as soon as i add this reply! :P

One thought about your winged helmets, i checked the bits and i find them kind of thick, did you used them as they are or have you thinned them down? Im considering a press mold for the wings...

No filing or slimming, just removed the sword and glued onto the helm. If you were to put them on with the wings pointed backwards, you might notice the thickness a bit, but not if they are come out of the sides and it forces you to look at it head on.

Hello everyone,

I have an unusual update for the weekend. I have been a big fan of Blue Table Painting for many years now, and all of their great guides, videos, battle reports, inspirational studio updates on their You Tube channel, as well as their website and blog, have been a ready source of ideas and entertainment. Earlier this year when Bolter and Chainsword needed donations to upgrade their server, I was more than happy to make a contribution to help the community that I regularly enjoy. The same contribution goes for Blue Table Painting, and about a month ago, to show my appreciation for the hobby excellence they have given over the years, I commissioned a banner for my Angels of Redemption. A fun reminder that it takes a village, as they say. Now thanks to Cameron over at BTP, it's finished and looks stunning, especially since he had artistic license to create whatever he wanted.

I think it will fit right in to the army, carried proudly by a homebrewed Brother Bethor conversion. I am super re-charged in the excitement department, and ideas for things have been flying through my brain juice since seeing this creation. I think I am even going to put wings on my chaplain because of it.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Darkbeastman/AngelsofRedemption3.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Darkbeastman/AngelsofRedemption2.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Darkbeastman/AngelsofRedemption1.jpg

Please check out their inspirational You Tube Channel HERE, as well as their WEBSITE. I have nothing but good things to say about Shawn Gately and his crew down in Spanish Forks Utah.

Really nice work mate, I'd have thought you'd have done something similar yourself!!

It's going to make a fantastic 'centrepiece' to a command squad. The bearer needs a kick in the butt, he let it get all dirty, where's the respect? :D

stobz

it is indeed fantastic an fits well with your style! I agree with Stobz, that Bethor must be painted with extra care so that the combo becomes a centerpiece in your army!

BTW the links don't work for me... ;)

I'll have to find some suitably large rock for Bethor to stand on, or take one of the dreadnaut/sentinel bases and make a layout so that it incorporates a single infantry base slot.

I also fixed the links so that they work above.

Started some very rough work on the Chaplain. Only the robes are finished, the rest of the colours are coming in slowly.

What do you guys think of the green robe choice? Should I go for a more silver or metallic death mask, or stick to the traditional bone?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Darkbeastman/P1010004.jpg

I like the combination of green robes and black armor. Is he supposed to be a regular Chaplain? Then it could be an interesting pattern, distinguishing them from the Interrogator-Chaplains by the color of the robes.

An iron death mask would be awesome, although maybe too dark. Other than that I would go with bone over silver, for sinister-ness motives, but that´s just me.

Started some very rough work on the Chaplain. Only the robes are finished, the rest of the colours are coming in slowly.

What do you guys think of the green robe choice? Should I go for a more silver or metallic death mask, or stick to the traditional bone?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Darkbeastman/P1010004.jpg

The green robes are quite nice. Maybe a dark, grey highlightet death mask with red eyes will fit him excellent ;)

I like the combination of green robes and black armor. Is he supposed to be a regular Chaplain? Then it could be an interesting pattern, distinguishing them from the Interrogator-Chaplains by the color of the robes.

An iron death mask would be awesome, although maybe too dark. Other than that I would go with bone over silver, for sinister-ness motives, but that´s just me.

He will fill in for any role, sometimes a normal chaplain, a Interrogator if I have points, and if the rumors are to be believed, I hope to just use him as a purchasable unit upgrade come the new book. Silver mask fan, I am really leaning towards it.

The green robes are quite nice. Maybe a dark, grey highlightet death mask with red eyes will fit him excellent :ermm:

Red eyes are an excellent idea!

Im not yet fully conviced by the green robes, doesnt it brighten up the mini too much? Esp with the left shoulderpad in green as well?

But awesome detail at the hood there!

Thanks so much. The shoulderpad is the split scheme, with eventually a skull in the middle - it certainly does look pretty light overall doesn't it? My hope as it progresses is that it tones down significantly and gets pretty grimy. The robe colour choice definitely was a gamble, but a step away from the traditional.

The green robe is great. It's very striking and excellently executed. I would suggest however to keep it as a unique feature for this particular Chappy only and not an army-wide thing. I really think brown robes work best against the halved green/white pattern... But the Chappy is black so green works.

Regarding the mask I really like your idea of metal! I think Asmodai's mini is the only Chaplain in the SM range with such a helmet! So yeah, make that an Unforgiven trait! :wallbash: however I'd suggest dark metals, not bright silver... B)

Coming along nicely - split on the robe at the moment but I am sure you can get it to work well... B)

I would suggest however to keep it as a unique feature for this particular Chappy only and not an army-wide thing. I really think brown robes work best against the halved green/white pattern... But the Chappy is black so green works.

split on the robe at the moment

I did forget to mention, the green robe was just for Chaplains, everyone else still have brown robes (save Librarians who will retain the split scheme and have a blue robe, apothecaries who will have red cloth, and Masters/Heroes of the Chapter, who will have pure Bone Armour.)

I did forget to mention, the green robe was just for Chaplains, everyone else still have brown robes (save Librarians who will retain the split scheme and have a blue robe, apothecaries who will have red cloth, and Masters/Heroes of the Chapter, who will have pure Bone Armour.)

Candleshoes, I love it! It's an awesome designator and very cool to hear about your eventual plans! :(

I think it would be cool to do a iron death mask, and the way you've put together the mini is awesome (and makes me really want to steal the sword idea). One criticism I have is that there is a blood drop on that Deathwing blade's scabbard! <_< However, the detailing around the hood is fantastic!

All in all, very cool, can't wait to see the final product! ;) :tu:

Thanks Bryan. The Iron deathmask is a go, you guys have convinced me. I thought about the blood-drop, I figured if I paint it like a "gemstone" it will look more oval, we'll see, if it still looks off then I'll shave it off.

Also, with all these Ally rumours flying, I guess more than rumours now from sources who have the rulebook, I have been piecing together some of the fun things that will run as detachments (fluff aside) with the sons of the Lion. My love of the Fleshtearers will see the Stormraven I bought come to use, along with a compliment of death company and dreadnaught (yay for using models we already own!).

I bought a small Eldar detachment with a Wraithlord that is all posed menacingly (just primed it this morning). This one is more for my fiance to use when she feels the need to throw some dice, but not be overwhelmed by too many models (she's mainly a Mordhiem player).

And something that gave me that childish grin... when I saw we very likely can ally in an Unholy alliance with Orks, I finally can play with a toy that I bought and painted just for the fun and sheer awesomeness of the model... can any of you guess what it is in it's orky glory?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Darkbeastman/P1010013.jpg

And something that gave me that childish grin... when I saw we very likely can ally in an Unholy alliance with Orks, I finally can play with a toy that I bought and painted just for the fun and sheer awesomeness of the model... can any of you guess what it is in it's orky glory?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Darkbeastman/P1010013.jpg

Yeah it must be a Ork figta-bomma or however its called...as an old scale modeler, i must say Very good job there GW! Our ork player has bought 3 directely...Lucky me ive got a whirlwind hyperios....somewhere! Seems to be a very nice kit, many options how to build it...AND nice looking!

Edit: As for the alliance...just a "updated" greenwing! :)

Archived