Wulfebane's WIP Projects (Pic Heavy!)

Wulfebane

• 2 weeks later...

Turning this thread into my now and future WIPs and finished works...

To start off, posting some revisions I'm doing to one of the new TWC.

Long story long, I bought two boxes, and the first box I put together, I noticed that the more "cyberized" wolf head was lacking the tongue/eye/ears piece on the sprue. So when the second box DID have all the pieces required for the head, I decided to overcompensate and make this one extra cyber-y. As all of you who have put these wolves together know, not all the parts are interchangeable, so if I wanted to use this leg, I needed to mask the bad joint fitting. This is what I came up with.

Still needs some polish and trim, but I think I'm done with the base structure.

C&C welcome.

med_gallery_59676_5870_1147949.jpg

med_gallery_59676_5870_1313989.jpg

I think it looks great!!.

As far as personal preference goes, the skull doesn't give me the right vibe. I would suggest instead the terminator shoulder pad with that similar boarder with the teeth dangeling off the right hand side. Do the boarder all the way arround as you already did then put runes/transfers/freehand on the shoulderpad...

Either way i'm looking forward to the end result.

I think it looks great!!.

As far as personal preference goes, the skull doesn't give me the right vibe. I would suggest instead the terminator shoulder pad with that similar boarder with the teeth dangeling off the right hand side. Do the boarder all the way arround as you already did then put runes/transfers/freehand on the shoulderpad...

Either way i'm looking forward to the end result.

Yeah, that was my personal preference at first too, but I thought that shoulderpad was too good to pass up and I'd been wanting to use it for a while.

Besides, if you refer to pages 69, 74, and 78 of the codex, as well as the decal sheet, that skull pad resembles the emblems shown, so I became more comfortable with it after that...looking at the emblem again though, I probably should elongate those teeth more.

Is that liquid GS you used to 'flatten' out the top of the wolfs head??

I like the conversion, but also think it looks a little more Tomb Kings, or Chaos-ish. Of course I am not knocking it, you obviously have the GS-fu!! :P

End of Line

Yeah, its liquid.

Just how easy is the liquid GS to work with once you have it on the model? Set and forget? Mold a little?

Its too brittle a product to mold and eventually it flattens out like a sand castle washed over by a wave, so any sort of definition has to be worked up by layer after layer. With the right ratio of water, it will go on smooth, but you'll need upwards of 4 layers to fill any seams and still keep it smooth. However it dries like paint in a matter of minutes if it isn't too thick.

Now it looks like the TDA shoulder pad!! Well done.

And thanks for the clarification about the LGS. I used two layers of it on mine that where slightly watered down and one looks great, but the other one has a distinctively looking wedge on top of it's head... And of course I notice this after I have primed and started the base color..

End of Line

Thanks for all the kind words on the sculpt. I think it came out pretty sweet.

Anyways, thought I'd show some more. I give you... the power spear (still in WIP). I might bust out my unfinished Swiftclaws to demonstrate more extensively these conversions (including a couple with a chainsword blade), but this'll do for now. I intend to add some power cabling, a leather grip, WTN, etc. I'm not about to claim this as an original idea, but I haven't seen it around anywhere, so enjoy.

med_gallery_59676_5870_627876.jpg

Also, for anyone curious, K&J Magnets has them small enough to fit on the top of the hand smoothly for trading out stormshields when the points don't allow for them.

med_gallery_59676_5870_2486949.jpg

Coming along nicely, I had thought briefly about spears, decided to go with chain axes myself. Of the three i've built two had chainaxes one has the frost axe from the box set. If I do another pack I may try the spear's myself, with the TWC box you get two bitz for "wolf tooth necklace type thing" what would you think of dangling something like that from the spear shaft maybe arround where the hand grips it?

On the Standard Bearer, what bits did you use there?? Is it more of that tubing?? And what is that tubing, and where can I get myself some of it??

Also, how did you achieve that '5 o'clock shadow' look on your faces??!! It's great!!

End of Line

@Mjollner - yeah, I plan to use those necklaces on the spear shaft

@R_P_R - it a brass tube.. you can get them at hobby/art stores that carry plastic sheets, etc.. the only two places I can find them around me are a specialty ACE hardware shop that sells model trains and supplies, and a hobby shop that mostly sells RC vehicles and rockets.

And some explanations of the 5 o'clock shadows are on the previous 1-3 pages.

Exceptional work as always! I wish I knew how to paint as great as you do wolf brother haha. But it's only time, a good eye, a fine brush and patience that will make me up to your level of skill and talent. Keep up the good work. Threads like these are what makes the Fang even more great. Inspiring and motivating many such as myself.

Archived