Wulfebane's WIP Projects (Pic Heavy!)

Wulfebane

Do you do commissions, I love Ragnar's rules but hate the static GW model. Also, how long in the tooth are you as it would appear as though you have been at this a very long time, or are a natural. My guess is actually a combination of the two. I have a young family, in a small place and have not been able to attack the painting and modelling like I want to.

Do you do commissions, I love Ragnar's rules but hate the static GW model. Also, how long in the tooth are you as it would appear as though you have been at this a very long time, or are a natural. My guess is actually a combination of the two. I have a young family, in a small place and have not been able to attack the painting and modelling like I want to.

Ehhh.. I started with 40k around '96 (circa 2nd edition) but abandoned it for college and a lack of a lgs. I was out of the game for about 10 yrs and started back up about 2 yrs ago, so all in all, only been playing about 5-6 years. When I came back to the game (after going through art school) I found all my old models and some of the GW sculpts, aka Ragnar, horribly interpreted, so decided to step things up a notch.

As for commissions, I've never done any that weren't local, and even then I've warned my patrons that half the time I paint things on a whim or when I find time outside of canvas painting, but I've never duplicated a personal conversion as a commission. Half the time, I burn preciously rare bits or the "choicest cuts" for my special conversions, so I can't always promise I'd be able to duplicate.

The flash doesn't do it justice, but this is perhaps my best attempt at "saddlebag" leather that I've painted to date, so I wanna give it the detailing it deserves.

Looking for suggestions on a symbol/emblem/tattoo image to paint or stain onto the leather in a style as you might see on Native American leatherworks to mull over and consider while I'm out of town for the weekend.

...and of course, C&C welcome!

gallery_59676_5870_236897.jpg

Looking for suggestions on a symbol/emblem/tattoo image to paint or stain onto the leather in a style as you might see on Native American leatherworks to mull over and consider while I'm out of town for the weekend.

Why not his pack marking or his Rune?

all your models looking really cool

I'd suggest the Leben Rune (means Life Rune - it's the rune for protection) old Norse, it seems suitable as the shield is for the warrior's protection. I think if you were able to stain it then it would look much better as leather like skin drinks in some of the ink over time.

I'd suggest the Leben Rune (means Life Rune - it's the rune for protection) old Norse, it seems suitable as the shield is for the warrior's protection. I think if you were able to stain it then it would look much better as leather like skin drinks in some of the ink over time.

Did a quick image search and found this. Its a pretty ideal arrangement, despite having an inclination of using a pack/company glyph of some form, I think this looks more promising. Thanks for the idea!

http://sortofpsychic.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/algiz.jpg

And yeah, that was my thought on staining too.

• 2 months later...

Threadromancy at its finest!

With the advent of 6E and the likelihood that TDA will make a stronger presence in most lists due to AP, I decided to bits order some torsos/legs and use up the remaining tda arms I have lying around.

gallery_59676_5870_782479.jpg

These I hope to add to my Lux vow if I can get the shoulderpads and finish my current vow.

gallery_59676_5870_319202.jpg

med_gallery_59676_5870_1100925.jpg

.... And the rest of their arms, all fully magnetized.

med_gallery_59676_5870_793289.jpg

To accompany them, I finally broke down and used that giant pelt cloak for my first ever wolf lord in TDA.

med_gallery_59676_5870_200302.jpg

Not sure what I want to do yet with that stormbolter, but I have come up with my own version of a swiss army knife.

med_gallery_59676_5870_835534.jpg

I intend to use this design (in progress) as a power fist/sword, frostblade, and wolfclaw depending on listed wargear at the time. If he needs a thunderhammer, power axe or maul, I've got some stand-ins magnetized and waiting.

Thumbs up on the models, Wulfebane. Those load-outs are super expensive on Wolf Guard, however, as opposed to regular Terminators who can go for double Claws or TH/SS for just 40 points each. At least you've got them all magnetized.

Looking forward to seeing them painted.

V

Thumbs up on the models, Wulfebane. Those load-outs are super expensive on Wolf Guard, however, as opposed to regular Terminators who can go for double Claws or TH/SS for just 40 points each. At least you've got them all magnetized.

Looking forward to seeing them painted.

V

Yeah, there's no way I could see myself spending that much points on WG already in TDA (except for boosting numbers in a certain painting challenge ;) ) . It was just for the picture, and like you said, all fully magnetized. :cuss

To be honest, I was fed up with all the wolfclaws cluttering my bits box. I still need to get around to reading your guide to 6E, among other venues, to determine the best loadouts for my playstyle.

Thanks for having a look and for the compliment!

Archived