Imperial Fist Expansion I

Dosjetka

I, Grey Paladin, vow on the honour of my Chapter Legion to paint and present at least two tactical squads, one scout squad, one unit of honor guard and one rhino on or before the 31st of June, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

My WIPs will be located here: Click Here

Ladies and gents, sign up is now closed!

I wish you all good luck with your challenges! For those of you who haven't yet given me a link to your project log, please do so with all due haste :D

Cheers,

Ludovic

Thanks for organizing this Ludovic, between this and the LPC, you guys are going to get me to double my normal annual paint quota!

Have we decided which signature image to use? I ask because... well, I'll be honest, they're both awesome and I want one ;)

You're welcome mate, it was all for you from the start ;) ;)

I'm not sure yet about it. I think the second one got chosen.

Ludovic

Just saw this tread, I hope I'm not too late.....

I, Grotsmasha, vow on the honour of the VII Legion to paint and present at least one ROGAL DORN, Primarch of the VII on or before the 31st of June, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I've almost a full set of Primarchs to get through...

Cheers,

Jono

EDIT: My vote is for the first banner

Well, seeing as you're painting our Primarch, I cannot possibly see why I should refuse your vow, Grotsmasha :D But for the rest of you, SIGN UP IS NOW CLOSED.

I'll add your vow to the list!

Ludovic

Out of interest, are we allowed to extend out pledges if we complete early?

Of course, you just have to tell me what you'd like to include :) You can even withdraw if you want/need, though that would mean eternal shame to you and the Chapter! Oh, and a long, long session in the Pain Glove :P

Ludovic

Wow your going fast! I feel quite slack now.

You're feeling slack my guys only have their torsos glued and the rest of their body parts are tacked together still lol

I need to get some undercoat this week so then I can base coat the codec grey I have left to start the yellow off.

Rob

Wow your going fast! I feel quite slack now.

You're feeling slack my guys only have their torsos glued and the rest of their body parts are tacked together still lol

I need to get some undercoat this week so then I can base coat the codec grey I have left to start the yellow off.

Rob

This made me chortle.

Battle Brothers, I need you opinions.

I'm about to make some eBay bitz purchases but am unsure if what I intend would be acceptable fluff-wise. I am in the process of building a command squad for Dorn, 4 mkIV troopers led by Sigsimund. The question is, Would it be acceptable to have the Templar Cross on their right shoulder as they'll be from Sigismunds Great Company? I will be adding these guys to my vow if they're assembled by months end.

Almost forgot, I'd like suggestions for squad load-out. It doesn't need to be game legal, I never play. Rule of cool is now in effect.

Cheers,

Jono

Since there from Sigismund's company I'd have the Maltese cross on there. But they also need the Imperial Fist icon as well. I'd have the Fist on their left shoulder pad and the Maltese cross of their right. Or have the cross on their knee pad or somewhere else on their armour.

As for loadout, why not have a plethora of power weapons and storm Shields? If you could get multiple copies of Lysander's Storm shield that would look very cool. At least that is what I'd do for a primarch's bodyguard. As for models, I'd use either the Severin Loth's bodyguard as a base, or the Honour Guard box from the Ultramarines. Well, these are just a few ideas I've been thinking of myself, might be they will be of some use to you.

For Sigismund himself, these are so many options. I myself used Helbrecht as a base, but you may well find another model. I'm thinking Castellan Crowe might be a good base, as I've seen Doghouse do very well with this model. Its also larger than a regular marine, so he stands out a little more.

Just a few thoughts.

Archived