Death Guard warband showcase.

Yeah.

That is awesome.

Guess I need a Death Guard force now.

I'll second that!

The fly is absolutely fantastic!

Perhaps the 6th Ed. starter box will be a good kickoff point for a chaos army.

lovely black knight demon engine thing you have made! what loin cloth is that ? looks ace as a whole, so now ill be starting a small chaos force too. . . . .

too many ideas and i dont have enough painting talent here lol

defiler.jpg

Sweet holy mother of all expletives! :)

That is the most incredible Defiler conversion I've ever seen. :) YOu've made me very sad that I have three of the normal ones, I wish I'd seen this first!

Outstanding inspirational work :tu: B)

I see dreadknight and soulgrinder kits bashed there. What else is pieced together in that lovely?
+1, I want to know what's gone into it too. Are there any standard defiler parts in there apart from the head?

I think I want to make one for myself.

:D

Thanks guys - I'm sure the owner of it will appreciate the kind words. :D

A quick list of things that went into it:

A dreadknight kit - extended at the waist with various bits, otherwise its very stumpy

Cut down defiler head (lost the horns)

Defiler leg plates for the legs.

Defiler claw plates for shoulders, and 1 claw plate flattened for the chest.

random spikes and assorted stuff

2 x soul grinder swords.

Edit: Forgot the loincloth, which is a bloodletter banner.

Thanks guys - I'm sure the owner of it will appreciate the kind words. :)

A dreadknight kit - extended at the waist with various bits, otherwise its very stumpy

2 x soul grinder swords.

thats ace that you listed parts, most people dont and want to keep these things a secret!

im off to build one or two of these i think ;) with a brass scorpion from defilers too lol

Thanks guys - I'm sure the owner of it will appreciate the kind words. :)

2 x soul grinder swords.

thats ace that you listed parts, most people dont and want to keep these things a secret!

im off to build one or two of these i think ;) with a brass scorpion from defilers too lol

... And that, I'll never understand - why not let people try to do their own versions of something of yours? What are they afraid of? The whole point of me posting this stuff, is to inspire others. :)

Ego: Thanks! :) I have some Raptors on workbench.

... And that, I'll never understand - why not let people try to do their own versions of something of yours? What are they afraid of? The whole point of me posting this stuff, is to inspire others. :(

Ego: Thanks! :) I have some Raptors on workbench.

That's nice to know because I've already gone and bought myself a Dreadknight and Defiler... Might make a loyalist version.

I've spent most of tonight doing a conversion for a buddy, who wanted a "black knight defiler" for his black legion army he's working on - it came out pretty well:

defiler.jpg

Fantastic job on the fly. And the Knight..................WOW!

Any update on the greater demon? ... it has to be one of the best greater demon sculpts/customs I have ever seen, definitely makes me want to continue my demon / chaos force.

BTW, is that a trygon scythe I see shaved down for the blade?

Any update on the greater demon? ... it has to be one of the best greater demon sculpts/customs I have ever seen, definitely makes me want to continue my demon / chaos force.

BTW, is that a trygon scythe I see shaved down for the blade?

Funny you should mention it. :) I've been working on the GD, since I wasn't completely satisfied with the direction of the old one - I've been cooking this up the last couple of nights, and like it a lot better. Lots of greenstuffing to do, and I'm still not sure about the head, but getting there. And yup, it's a trygon scythe.

daemons.jpg

Oh, and look at his little friend. Thankfully, they're a lot less cartoonish live, than with GW's paintjob. I'll build a unit of 7, to go along with the big guy for my daemon allies.

Ego: I've cooked up 5 guys - I'll hopefully get the last two done tomorrow night, then pics. :)

Thanks guys. :D

How'd you do the tubes? Great use of the Nurgle DP head.

Also, what are you using there for basing material? Looks great!

I'm using the Masq tube making tool - just got it, so perhaps went a little overboard. :D

A video from the manufacturer:

The bases are simply beach sand/gravel, and dried bark from trees - you can buy big bags for next to nothing from gardening centres. It looks great once painted black and drybrushed grey.

Thanks guys. ;)

How'd you do the tubes? Great use of the Nurgle DP head.

Also, what are you using there for basing material? Looks great!

I'm using the Masq tube making tool - just got it, so perhaps went a little overboard. ;)

A video from the manufacturer:

The bases are simply beach sand/gravel, and dried bark from trees - you can buy big bags for next to nothing from gardening centres. It looks great once painted black and drybrushed grey.

Cool thanks. I've been using cork bark, but yours has a much more jagged, rough look that I like, especially for that large, dynamic effect on that DP/GD.

Archived