Death Guard warband showcase.

Just been through the entire thread and I've gotta say I love the look of all the models in it. They have a real horror feel to them whihc is really nice and your painting really compliments it.

Congratulations on getting the models onto the GW site as well you deserved it.

Looking forward tot he Typhus model painted up.

James

First off, I was going through the GW blog when I came across one titled "The Favoured of Mortarion" that was put up just last Tuesday. I thought to myself, "Man those termies look familiar." Clicked on it and low and behold, it was your termies and your Strained. Congrats on making it on the blog.

Second, I love that Forgefiend.

Not 100% sure on that Typhus. The torso and upper parts look great, but the legs seem to be a bit too standard. Maybe it needs the legs of a Forgeworld Terminator, Zhufor's or Huron's would be better, or perhaps even straightened Obliterator legs to make him truly intimidating.

Thanks!

Tonight I've been working on 14 plague zombies - I wondered long and hard on which models to get. In the end I decided on the mantic zombies, combined with ghoul parts, and some reposing, and they worked out pretty nice.

1.jpg

Also, I want some raptors, but the wasp thing (insect lower body wasn't really working out for me, so I made some out of the new raptors - need 2 more.

1.jpg

Awesome work as always, GuitaRasmus! Those raptors look really gnarly! The only thing I am not sure about is the icon- though cool, it is stiff and rather undynamic compared to the frantic movement conveyed by the rest of the model.

That scythe is awesome, great work! Shame about the original raptors not working out, not that the new ones aren't great, just thought those first designs were way more nurgle!

Looking forward to seeing typhus painted up!

Ugh...I hate you. That scythe is friggin' amazing. And those Raptors. I don't even know. They are some forbidden mix of awesome, amazing, and f****ing rad. I am really looking forward to seeing them painted. Keep it up, you do the Death Guard proud.

-Tarvik

That Typhus counts-as is amazing! It just oozes (hehe) character!

As for a name? One Google Translate later, I have a couple of suggestions:

Flagéllum - "Scourge" in Latin

Niteris - "Plague" in Latin

Messor / Messorem - "Reaper" in Latin

Praenuntius - "Harbinger" in Latin

I'm sure there are a lot of other, probably better names out there, but here's my two penneth.

I'm seriously looking forward to what's next for this gorgeous army!

Unbelievable...

If this army was across from me I would most likely just concede based on sheer awesomeness.

Seriously I get happy when I get my termi arm on all correct.... just a different league.

That all said I am so psyched you post this up and share. really amazing stuff... /bow.

Thanks for all the suggestions - I have decided on "Pandemion", shamelessly stolen from the Prophet here on Bolter'n'chainsword. I've also written a bit of fluff, hope you enjoy it. ;)

Pandemion, the scourge of life, leader of the Legio Morbidus.

Like Obitus the Undying, Daemon Prince lieutenant of the Death Guard, Pandemion, the Scourge of life, was once one of Mortarions Death Shroud. Of his past, almost nothing is known, due to the tradition of Mortarions Death Shroud being nameless, drawn from the ranks of the Death Guards first company, and receiving a plaque on the walls of memoriam on Barbarus, as one of the chapters great warriors, fallen in battle.

Since Mortarions elevation to daemonhood, he has rarely meddled in the affairs of his former legion, instead directing his attention to the plague planet, a planet deep inside the warp, meticulously reformed to resemble a warped, rotten and ravaged version of Barbarus. However, he is not blind in regards to the work of Typhus, formerly 1st.captain Typhon, host of the Destroyer Hive. Mortarion, though he has embraced Nurgle completely, is still bitter and twisted, and (rightfully) blames Typhus for the corruption of his legion, for turning his proud, unbreakable warriors into walking mounds of disease.

Furious that Nurgle has blessed Typhus so, and elevated him into a Herald of Nurgle, Mortarion decided that he would bless a warrior loyal to himself with similar boons, and chose one of his Death Shroud – thus Pandemion was created.

Pandemion is the host of vile and corrupted entity, known as “the Strain”. The Strain is in many ways similar to The Destroyer virus, but different in many others. It is a devastating virus, capable of turning flesh to liquid within seconds, of turning tissue to a bloody pulp, but also capable of mutating raw biomaterial into new organisms. The plaguedoctor of the Death Guard, Kroenen, has been known to subject astartes, captured or from the ranks of his own legion, to vile experiments with The Strain, hence creating the possessed, mutated creatures known as “The Strained” – So much more and so much less than the noble warriors they once were, now murderous creatures resembling huge maws, and a flux of bloody tendrils, clad in rotten warplate.

This, though, is not the only way The Strain can manifest itself. It can also be combined with daemonic possession, creating some of the horrifying war machines and daemon engines of the Legio Morbidus. It can be used as a purely destructive force, or by the will of Pandemion, used to reanimate those slain by it, into limping perverse resemblances of life, known as “The Untertoten”. These zombie-like creatures limper onto the battlefield, seeking only to destroy all life in their path.

Pandemion is a huge figure, towering above man and astartes alike. His Terminator warplate, once a beautiful hybrid of marble ceramite and emerald plasteel, is cracked, broken and warped, leaks and sores everywhere, bleeding blood, bile and pus from every joint and crack. From his shoulders emerge huge exhausts, leaking poisonous gasses and disgusting flying insects. At will, he can release The Strain through them, killing almost anyone in close range. From the back of his armour, four gigantic insect arms that writhe emerges, attacking any foe by punching trough their bodies. He bears no weapons, save for the gigantic Manreaper scythe used by the Death Shroud, slaughtering any who dares oppose him. It drips with blood, poisons and disease, and even single flesh wound from it often proves fatal.

If any trace of humanity at all remains within Pandemion is unknown. He never removes his helmet, much less his armour. It is speculated that he and The Strain has completely merged into a singular being, a horrible manifestation of one of the worst diseases the Universe has ever known.

Archived