Death Guard warband showcase.

I've gotten a bit further on the Greater Daemon - I wasn't convinced about the head, so I made another which I like better - it has a split lower jaw, like the vampires in Blade 2 (or is it 3?). Also some more greenstuffing, and guts!

gd1.jpg

gd2.jpg

I also assembled 7 plaguebearers - they got some reposing, so a bit of greenstuff is in order, but the added dynamics is worth it:

pb1.jpg

You sir are an inspiration. Not just from a painting stand point but the fantastic modeling skills and imagination required to think outside the box and make your own army to such an amazing level is wonderful to see. Congrats sir. I hope Death Guard are absolutely broken in the new codex, because your models deserve to sweep the board.

This is an amazing army, very inspirational. The Greater Daemon is ace, I gotta say though, I felt the first head really made the mini look great, but the new one really makes it look like a daemonic beast made from the stuff of nightmares. Very well done.

Thanks a lot for the wonderful comments, guys - they really inspire me. :) I've just started work (public school teacher) after summer break, so I have to get up REALLY early. Damn. Oh well. I managed to get some greenstuffing done tonight, but I'll wait until he's finished with the pics. :)

You, Sir, are an never ending source of inspiration and frustration for me ;)

Glad to be of service. ;)

This thread is truly inspirational - I have been watching this thread for a while and it keeps getting better. Please keep posting all your creative, magnificent creations - they are an inspiration to us all! My Nurgle crew pales in comparison yet I'm sure I'll take ideas from your great work here for future projects.

Quick question (and apologies if I missed it somewhere) - the "Fly" model - is that a "counts-as" Blight Drone, or is it a new creation with it's own rules, or purely a fun conversion opportunity?

This army is simply a dream! every bit of conversion is very well thought and very well painted...

I particularly love the wasps (using the old RT tyranid crouch bit is just genius!)

I simply wish I could do that.

JuJu

Kaleb Daark

I wish my bed had better ground clearance, then I could go hide under it.

I wouldn't do that if I were you... They might be hiding under there :(

This is definitely an army I would not want to face against - I'd come away with nightmares! The Dead Space vibe, and the in-army reasons for having certain units (bezerkers!) are amazing - fantastic job!

Superb work all round. Some of the ideas are mental. :blink:

A while back I saw somebody, in an EC force, bury/ fuse 'nettes into their vehicles. Now that plastic PBs are here it'd be easy to do the same for Nurgle. The plates on the Defiler would be an ideal spot for this. Just an idea for you to consider.

Keep it coming!

Archived