Death Guard warband showcase.

Thanks a lot for the kind replies - I'm progressing slowly but steady - the school year starting tends to have an effect on ones energy level as a teacher. ;)

Wow your painting skills dont fail your conversion skills :o Very different theme from your first Prince but I like this much better! Mind sharing your painting recipe for that skin?

Sure thing, it's very very simply: Basecoat bleached bone (or similar), wash with a mixture of sepia and green, paint badab black in all recesses. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Long time, no update. I got a new job, and it's always a bit hard when everythings unfamiliar, so I haven't had too much spare time.

Anyway, I bought Dark Vengeance today, and while I like the basic idea of the Helbrute, I wasn't sold on the pose, so I changed it up a bit. I'm still not sure if it's going to be painted for my Death Guard army, or if I should go nuts and paint a small warband of Slaanesh or Tzeentch followers.

helbrute.jpg

I like the new pose, for the most part but perhaps you should try a new head. This one just doesn't give to that relaxed pose the rest of the model portrays.

My suggestion, just paint it for Nurgle. This is just my personal opinion as I hate Tzeentch with a passion and while Slaanesh is my second favorite God, I've never seen a Slaanesh dreadnought as being a viable thing, in fluff terms. If im a Slaaneshi and I was entombed in a dreadnought/hellbrute, then I would probably commit suicide and rip my mutilated body out of my own sarcophagus rather than spend an eternity of suffering and dulled sensations.

• 2 weeks later...
That greater daemon is amazing! The multi-arm chitin/skin look makes me think of a Keeper of Secrets that has somehow changed allegiance ;)

That was my first thought too!

Outstanding, fearsome work. It would be an honour to face that army on the tabletop.

Whenever I explain to my friends who do not understand 40k or my hobby, I show them your models and truthfully say that your standard of painting and sculpting is what I am aiming for. Two of my friends who never had touched a mini in their life have started to paint and sculpt just because of your awesome models. They also damn the day when I showed them this thread.

About the hellbrute, it would be fun to see your take on Slaanesh, but then I am biased towards Slaanesh.

Keep up the extremely good work.

/C

Thanks, guys! <_<

Whenever I explain to my friends who do not understand 40k or my hobby, I show them your models and truthfully say that your standard of painting and sculpting is what I am aiming for. Two of my friends who never had touched a mini in their life have started to paint and sculpt just because of your awesome models. They also damn the day when I showed them this thread.

About the hellbrute, it would be fun to see your take on Slaanesh, but then I am biased towards Slaanesh.

Keep up the extremely good work.

/C

What a wonderful compliment - my thanks! I am really glad that I can inspire someone to have a go at this hobby, since it brings me a lot of joy - hopefully they'll feel the same way. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working on a (IMO) better looking Forgefiend, since I think it's looking a bit too much like a dinobot stock. I'm pretty pleased with where it's going - it fits a lot better into my Death Guard this way. I had a vision of it crawling forward on it's front legs, and it's pretty easy getting it to do this.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I'm also working on a counts as Typhus (gotta have plague zombies!) and contemplating a Dark Mechanicus detachment for the army. :)

Archived