The Gore-Stained Workshop: Murderous Machinations

Odsox

nice havocs brother :)

the chain on havoc twos launcher looks strange though, why is the chain hanging "forwards" when the cloth on his back and the flayed skin on his lower leg don't?

Thank you! And, er, good point. I've removed that chain now. Old tentacle-back was too busy-looking anyway.

Beeteedubs, seeing as I still don't have the ML I need to finish my Havocs right now I decided to show you guys a bonus conversion. See, I have these ten Imperial Terminators kicking about, and what with my new allegiance to the true power in the 40K universe (ALL PRAISE MIGHTY KHORNE!) I decided that they ain't gonna be up to much anymore. So here's my first WIP for my new squad of Terminators!:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6412/bonustda.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Od.

Aaaaand another brief update. I'm hoping to somehow get hold of an IG missile launcher (all my regular bitz sites are OOS) for the final Havoc, so in the meantime here's the primed Terminator:

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/5488/ktrs.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img338/7633/ktfv.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img593/9008/ktls.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Od.

• 5 months later...

By the tools consecrated with mine own blood; by the Lord of Skulls, the Bloodfather, He Whose Rage Echoes Through Eternity; by the fallen, the ascendant and the damned, I COMMAND THIS THREAD TO LIVE!!!

Wotcher. biggrin.png

Obviously I've been out of the game for a few months due to various reasons but I decided to try and keep my hand in by doing individual models. So here's the some little WIP shots of my 3rd Hordemaster. You can see the finished result over in the Hall of Honour.

gallery_50082_8337_380105.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_734053.jpg

And his base... yep, that's a dead Loyalist alright.

gallery_50082_8337_438756.jpg

Errr.... looks like I have a lot of work to do remembering how to post reasonably sized images with linnks to the full ones...

ANYWAY thanks for looking!

Od.

Just a quick update to show off my current WIP. This guy is another Chaos Lord HQ, specifically he is Bulledin Wrek, the 1st Hordemaster of the Doomseekers. Comments and criticism welcome and encouraged!

gallery_50082_8337_123471.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_58285.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_3443.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_18221.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Od.

• 2 weeks later...

Superquick update to prove I've not disappeared again:

gallery_50082_8337_210930.jpg

I say it every time I paint a model, but basecoating is my least favourite stage of assembly and painting. It's when the model is at its ugliest. The paint's just slapped on to make sure it gets everywhere, half the details are obscure because of flat sheets of colour, and it looks downright hideous.

Oh well, just cleanup to go and I can apply the washes, that's when things start to get fun...

Thanks for looking!

Od.

• 4 weeks later...

RIGHT THEN!

Like many of my fellow treacherous brethren I have signed up for this year's ETL vow. I've decided to take a break from painting my Havocs to work on this. So here's the current WIP status of my Rhino, Graven, sister to Stubborn:

gallery_50082_8337_132712.jpg

It's going quite well so far and I've decided to pin EVERYTHING I work on from now on. Too many bitz ruined in transit... sigh... I'll never find that missing topknot...

Anyway, I'll try and keep this updated.

Thanks for looking,

Od.

Wow! Great stuff :)

Really good and creative use of bits, posing and greenstuff. Very inspiring stuff that proves that Khorne doesn't have to be boring (which Khorne stuff sometimes runs a slight risk of, imho). I can't wait to see what you do with your next vow :)

• 1 month later...

Afternoon, all!

Now, due to the fact that I have an army being built for Throne of Skulls in September and I'm not going to get any serious hobby time outside of that because of reasons, I ain't going to be able to make a second Vow. Weak, I know.

BUT! MY HAVOCS ARE FINALLY APPROACHING COMPLETION!

*scrolls back* Seeing as it's been like, eight months since I started the little bastards, I'm quite excited. They don't look amazing and they're far from fantastic conversions, but the important thing is they're nearly done. Finally finished pinning and washing them today, so I will try to upload a shot before I go on my holidays this evening. :D

Thanks for your time,

Od.

• 1 month later...

Right then, it's been a while since any updates so I figure I owe you one.

Progress on my Throne of Skulls list is incredibly slow and I only have three weeks left, but I'm currently working on this chap:

Sukhbataar, the Red Scar, 5th Hordemaster of the Doomseekers:

gallery_50082_8337_95401.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Od.

i love the juggernaut thumbsup.gif

my only nitpick would be the skulls hanging from it's chin, they look to straight in comparison to the rest of the parts in "midswing" (hope i'm making sense here, i really need some sleep whistlingW.gif )

Thanks for the compliments, chaps!

@captain semper: I know, I know. :D it was a V. quick shot taken in a panic. :s

@wicced: Thank you! I've been worried about the chinskulls, I thought they looked too static compared to the rest of the model - good to know I'm not the only one! I may remove them entirely. :)

I'll be working on everything double time for the next week - time is running out!

Od.

MORNING!

Right, the bods are finished paintwise but seeing as I haven't done the basing yet I'll upload them here. :D

Here's the group:

gallery_50082_8337_107825.jpg

And the Special Weapons:

gallery_50082_8337_398236.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_379031.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_252804.jpg
gallery_50082_8337_280331.jpg

Thanks for looking, I'm off to build some bikes!

Od.

Archived