The Gore-Stained Workshop: Murderous Machinations

Odsox

Cheers deathspectre! I actually finished the other side and didn't mangle it nearly as much as I thought I would.

Well, they're unconverted, missing pieces, made of metal and arguably the crappiest paintjob I've done since starting up my Doomseeker army, but my Cult of Ruin Obliterators are complete. Sans basing, of course. From left to right; Brother Dresden, Brother Drachenbronn, Brother Mannheim.

gallery_50082_8337_1208.jpg
Thanks for your time,
Od.

Thanks lads!

i really like your special/heavy weapons, the red looks fantastic on them thumbsup.gif

out of curiosity, why did you pick german city names for your oblits?

Well, I typed in something like "most destructive WWII bomb sites" and came up with a huge list, but these three sounded best for Obliterator names. No real depth to it I'm afraid. :D

RIGHT, I'M OFF TO THRONE OF SKULLS!!

Od.

• 1 month later...

Time for an update! I apologise in advance for the gigantic pictures, but I don't have the facilities here to shrink them down. sad.png

First off, if you haven't seen them yet you might want to check out my latest completions over in the Hall of Honour.

So after painting nearly everything that I've built thus far I find myself left with scraps and bits and, well, a Helbrute.

Originally I wanted to give this fellow a thunder hammer and power scourge, but due to sheer laziness (and inability to craft something as mega as a thunder hammer) I've resorted to a more basic loadout, which is to say, Reaper Autocannon and Heavy Flamer/Combi-Bolter. Obviously it's still a Work-In-Progress (how to do the underslung weapon? Craft one or just say the mouth in the palm counts?) but let me know what you think!

gallery_50082_8337_576380.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_160992.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_84281.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_331377.jpg

Apologies once again, and thanks for looking!

Od.

great looking 'naught indeed :tu:

i'm not sure about the straps holding the skull on the gun arm. i think it looks like it wouldn't hold that massive skull. i'd try to replace the straps with a chain, either GS or a real one.

nonetheless great work brother!

• 4 weeks later...

So hey I kinda got distracted from the Helbrute (which is basecoated, don't panic) by an overwhelming urge to build a Warpsmith.

Here's what I got so far. Component pieces:

gallery_50082_8337_144977.jpg

And blu-tak assembly:

gallery_50082_8337_156763.jpg

And finally a little selection of heads, specifically the ones with a possibility of a half-and-half mashup ala the actual Warpsmith model:

gallery_50082_8337_35747.jpg

So, what do you think? Who's the strongest contender to head up my conversion? All comments, criticisms, advice, pointers and screaming devotions to Khorne are welcome!

Thanks for looking,

Od.

Cheers Jaspcat. :D

Right, a wee update!

I've done a bit of work on him today and while I'm never going to have the sort of confidence to do greenstuff work like some of you guys I've got some plans. Anyway, here are some piccies.

The power axe has had a bit of alteration done and is prepped for GS work:

gallery_50082_8337_1168919.jpg

And a bit of GS on the body to try and make it a bit less Loyalist:

gallery_50082_8337_597578.jpg

And I've narrowed it down to two possible heads. The one on the right received three votes in all, and the second is my own attempt at a mashup. Obviously that one needs some serious effort to make it look half-decent:

gallery_50082_8337_31050.jpg

Right, back to the workshop!

Thanks for looking,

Od.

Your mash up is definitely the better head buddy. That's gonna look ace when you've cleaned it up a bit.

Cheers! I'm off to my FLGS shortly to do just that. :)

What is it a mash up of exactly? It looks a little like the finecast warpsmith head.

I'll take that as a compliment. :D It's the left half of one of the Venerable Dreadnought helms and the right half of one of the Space Marine Rhino crew helms.

Thanks for your input chaps!

Od.

that mash up looks promising, i second that look thumbsup.gif

his axe looks nice too, but i think the horns on the back of it are a little too big and make it look quite unwieldy in my humble opinion.

I've been looking for a decent head for my Warpsmith so may have to borrow the idea if you don't mind. smile.png

You go for it, Bio! I'd be honoured! Khorne knows I've borrowed enough inspiration from your work! :D

that mash up looks promising, i second that look thumbsup.gif

his axe looks nice too, but i think the horns on the back of it are a little too big and make it look quite unwieldy in my humble opinion.

Thanks Wicced! :) Having spent about an hour staring at the axe, I agree. I'm going to trim the horns down so it makes for a less bulky profile.

For the moment I've stopped work on the Warpsmith, mainly because I couldn't concentrate on it. I've decided to refer to this as Havoc Syndrome after my previous headache. :D So I went back and carried on with the work on my Helbrute, who is nearly ready for the Brazen Chapel:

gallery_50082_8337_47076.jpg

Thanks for your time,

Od.

Righty-ho my little boodlusting maniacs, the Helbrute, also known as "Skullsplitter" is all finished and ready for critiquing over in The Brazen Chapel!

Now I have another decision to make - go back to working on the Warpsmith or actually attempt to finish my ToS army byu painting one Obliterator and my Juggerlord. Hm hm hm, decisions decisions...

Thanks for looking!

Od. :)

I thought I'd post this little teaser for you.

I'm sure plenty of you have tried out some of the new Citadel Technical Paints by now (and what tricks you can do with them), so I thought it might be good to try them myself, specifically the one most apt for my chosen God of the Warp.

Here are three objective markers that I should have finished months ago. Here they are, fully painted and ready for the table:

gallery_50082_8337_93860.jpg

For the end result, check out the Brazen Chapel to see what red delights I have created... MWAHAHAHAH *cough*

Thanks for stopping by,

Od.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks chaps! Commentary and critique is always appreciated. smile.png

Wow that's just scary! I'm working on a Blood Thirster that's in a very similar pose...

Awwww don't tell me that! Now I'm going to be all mopey and bitter that this won't live up to your incredible conversion standards!

BAD BIO! BAD! NO SKULLS FOR YOU! biggrin.png

Anyhow, I've been scratching my head since posting that WIP because I am quite frankly stuck for ideas on what to do with the axe. General consensus so far indicates I should turn it into a daemonically-possesed, mouthy-lookin' thing like my previous Axes of Blind Fury, but I'm leery of making a design which I've tried twice already. Just for reference, here are the previous two.

This one's the Juggerlord axe:

gallery_50082_8337_72641.jpg

This is the Terminator Lord axe:

gallery_50082_8337_8929.jpg

And here's the Daemon Prince's axe as it currently stands:

gallery_50082_8337_19591.jpg

Now there's plenty of room for greenstuffing or what have you, but I just keep stalling each time I try something. Alternate ideas so far have included shaving off all detail and greenstuffing various runes, painting it black and giving it a fiery-edged, "crackled" and lava-based look, or trying to cut out small sections to achieve a sort of Khorne-icon appearance.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as Google searches are just making me miserable!

Thanks for your time,

Od.

Archived