+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Captain Semper

2. Since I've already vowed several HQs, do I need to vow another one if I wish to do a command sqd?

Cheers,

Jono

No you don't. The command squad is a separate entry so it's ETL legal. Go ahead and vow for it. But make sure you finish the previous vow first. Existing vows can not be modified. ;)

Can't see the pic Brother Captain. What is it? And does it change the points value of your vow?

It's the Dark Angels Captain with Combi-Plasma. I'm planning to find a way to represent a power sword on him, so he's the same amount of points.

I think the best way would be a scabbard'd sword with the hilt poking out forward from under his gun arm.

No worries! I'll do it ASAP! :)

EDIT: YOUR INITIAL POST (13) STILL HAS THE OLD TOTAL POINTS (i.e. 1,350). I HAVE CHANGED IT IN THE TABLE TO 1,340. PLEASE CLARIFY. (sorry for the capital case - I just want you to notice :( )

I, Pueri ex Deus, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Ravenwing Command Squad with an Apothecary, Standard Bearer, and an Attack Bike. The Command Squad will be outfitted as: Sgt PF/MB's, 2X PG's, and MM AB. For a total of 285 points. I further vow to complete one Ravenwing Attack Squadron of six bikes, SGT PF/MB's, 2X MG's an Attack Bike w/MM, and a Landspeeder Tornado w/ ASSCannon/HB, for a total of 420 points, from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 770 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Here we go. I have just returned from an out of town mission and am now almost ready to get started. Your looking at 13 bikes of varying vintage, two Attack Bikes, four Ravinwing sprus, an old original MoRW Speeder that will become my LS Tornado, one pack each of five PG's and MG's, and an IG banner of some sort. The Chaplin on a bike is for my follow on vow.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/pueriexdeus/001.jpg

Now I've got to finish packing and I'm off on another mission tomorrow, but my vow is coming with me.

E TENEBRAE LUX – 5th WEEK UPDATE

So, after 5 complete weeks and with the teams for each forum fixed, E TENEBRAE LUX is entering its second phase – that of the build up of critical mass of completions. This is actually the most important part since it’ll require a lot of commitment as the initial enthusiasm wanes and the finish line is still way into the future. People might feel they have plenty of time yet, but this is an illusion! If people become complacent and lose their momentum now, it’ll be very difficult to regain it when the deadline is imminent – it’ll be just too scary. In my view E TENEBRAE LUX will be won or lost between June 15th and July 15th so get those completions done and renew vows early – because last minute renewals also carry a disproportionate amount of risk in them.

On more practical level, there is not much change since the June 15th extraordinary update. Overall the teams have had some completions and some renewals but the basic picture remains largely unchanged.

E TENEBRAE LUX – 5TH WEEK UPDATE
Black Templars 68 30,961 455 4,757 15%
Blood Angels 51 26,977 529 3,190 12%
Dark Angels 69 36,092 523 755 2%
Codex Space Marines 49 30,309 619 220 1%
Space Wolves 40 26,919 673 3,078 11%
Chaos 40 14,104 353 3,446 24%
Ordos Inquisition 18 5,341 297 2,198 41%
Total 335 170,703 510 17,664 10%
Index Astartes 24 13,267 553 85 1%
Liber Astartes 14 9,663 690 135 1%
Ultramarines 11 7,379 671 0 0%

Comments:

The Dark Angels are comfortably positioned for the next month’s effort. However currently they are significantly lagging in terms of completions with a completion rate with only 2% vs. an average of 10% of the entire event. Just to make a point here, if the DAs had a completion rate in line with the current average of the ETL then they would be at ca 3,600 completed points and in second overall position. That would be achieved by only being average. In fact they would lose only to the BTs that have a much higher-than-average completion rate (15%). As it stands now though they are the second worse in the competition, with only 755 completed points. Unless the engines start soon, the 1st Legion is in for some serious embarrassment!

The Wolves appear to be calmly in control. With completion rate of 11% (very close to the average) they do not seem overextended and with an absolute number of completed points of above 3,000 they appear to be following the developments from a close distance – a distance that they can easily cover if it appears to widen. Their only real problem is structural, i.e. the relatively small amount of participants. However at this stage of the competition it does not show… yet!

Blood Angels are a force to be reckoned with. With completion rate of 12% and with almost 3,200 total completed points, they are currently in similar position with the Wolves (i.e. comfortably close to the leader without any particular worries) but without the Wolves’ structural issues as they posses significant numbers that give them much higher staying power… However if they want to make it for the top they’ll need to improve completion rate further and start on second and subsequent vows fast. And yes, the BAs can easily do that.

Black Templars, still crazy after all these years... After a fantastic show of commitment in the closing stage of the recruitment period, they carry on with completions and new vows that lower their completion rate. As a result their completion rate is “only” 15% (which is still 50% higher than the average) translates to almost 4,800 completed points and are currently at the top of the competition. They have huge momentum and sky-high morale! However the risk of an early burnout is very much a consideration. It’s still early on guys, if you overextend yourselves you might not have the drive in the final stages where competition will undoubtedly peak!

Codex Forums have been quiet for some time now. The vows are in but where are the completions? Really, where are they? They have a good mix of high-value/low-value vows so by now they should have some completions under their belt. With the completion rate of just 1% (even lower than the DAs and the lowest overall) they only have a meager 220 completed points. This is in many respects a similar situation as the DAs since the Codex Forums are the third in terms of pledged points and above the 30k mark. But guys, the winner will be the one with the most completed vows. So get down to it – or the competition will leave you behind very soon. Don’t forget, number of participants make a difference only if you follow the competition closely. If you’re left behind and other forums have made tons of second or third vows, your relative advantage would be wasted!

Chaos has come together very nicely so far. Their completion rate is the second highest at 24% however it only translates to some 3,400 completed points underlying the low value of the average vow. If their average vow was at par with the average of the ETL (510pts/vow) then with this completion rate they’d be leaders, marginally ahead of the Black Templars with 40% less pledged vows! To be fair a new mega-vow of ca 2,000pts is to be submitted soon (some tweaks remain) and this will both raise the average value and lower the completion rate somewhat. So let’s see… Chaos (as always) is interesting!

Ordos Inquisition are the heroes of the ETL: Completion rate 41% the highest in the competition while 40% of them (i.e. ALL those that have reported completions) have made a second vow. The first vow completion rate is 53% (!) So guys, can you do 100% completion rate for the first vow at least?

So until the next weekly update, farewell and good luck to all!

Aaaaaargh another update! :lol:

Im still busy preparing my workspace properly, all is primed at least, im just waiting on my order...also im kinda down on the colour side still, mostly grey/whites...but new colours have to wait 3 weeks! :P

In the aftermath im kinda concerned with my Master, i still havent decided on colours for him, esp the robe and the banner, sword will be basic i guess...my limited range of paints surely doenst help here!

No worries with the Chaplains, except for whites...chaplains are easy! ;)

Edit: YEEEHAAA order is underway!!!...Back to tidying up my place and learning painting theoretics!

Just a few quick questions... Captain Semper, do you think the launching of 6th edition in the middle of our contest will effect the outcome? Will people be wanting to play more with the new rules than paint? over the last two days I've spent more time checking out rumors and looking at pictures, when I should've been painting.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens...

Well, the new edition will certainly revitalise the game. I think, if anything, it'll be an incentive to paint new minis to expand people's collections and to use the new tactical options the new rules will undoubtedly offer. Frankly I see playing more games as a good reason to have painted armies! But maybe that's just me! :lol:

Oh, and guys? Get some painting done - we are the worst performing forum so far.

Oh, and guys? Get some painting done - we are the worst performing forum so far.

I'm going as fast as I can dammit! :)

I have probably one of the worst excuses in history: I've run out of glue...

And I only buy the Revell blue little thingy...hopefully, tomorrow I can get more.

That being said...once I get rolling its gonna go fast, I'm sure! Airbrush I call upon you!!

I'm going as fast as I can dammit! :(

Me too, me too! Might have the first vow complete by the end of the week.....if I can get the Attack Bike finished tonight that is! ;)

Halfway done, Cap. Speeder needs some details (and decals) and the first pred is almost at the same stage. Not quite ready for photos but not far off...

Here are both pics for my last 2 vows, Beliel and his command and Dominatious the Dread of Souls.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/deathwing.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/2012-06-21_19-54-40_516.jpg

That's great there Dread! Excellent Belial and command and the Dreadnought with the flamer fooks awesome!

Are you declaring completion of the vow? If so is there a pic of the other squad finished? Let me know so I can update your status! :D

Yes sire, it is back on page 6 about half way down but here it is to be close to the others. BTW, thanks for this, it was fun and made me do something I shoulda done long ago. Now I will continue to finish my other 3 squads, 1 more dreadnaught, 2 land raiders and 2 crusaders. All which are started but will now be finished in a matter of a week or 2. Then I will get my 2 squads of ravenwing out and the squad of 3 landspeeders and finish them.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/DWF.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/2012-06-21_19-54-40_516.jpg

I am guessing that the flames are the tail of a Fantasy/LoTR horse?

If not then how did you do it? :cry:

Yes sire, it is back on page 6 about half way down but here it is to be close to the others. BTW, thanks for this, it was fun and made me do something I shoulda done long ago. Now I will continue to finish my other 3 squads, 1 more dreadnaught, 2 land raiders and 2 crusaders. All which are started but will now be finished in a matter of a week or 2. Then I will get my 2 squads of ravenwing out and the squad of 3 landspeeders and finish them.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/DWF.jpg

Anything you can pledge in the ETL? You know as a second vow? That is assuming your other projects are in a fairly early stage of developmnet...

In any case, I'm updating the table! Congratulations once more!

Archived