+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

@ Sicarius: Brillinat squad there - congrats! I especially like the bases. Your status is updated!

@ Confessor Turpin: Your brothers should court-martial you for failing to subscribe early on! :lol: This is fantastic work! Keep 'em coming!

Vow Complete Brothers!

@ Captain Semper: I may have to adjust the points value of my vow a bit. I originally had an idea for how I wanted to do the artificer armour but it turned out too cluttered and I didnt like it. So with that said I shall have to reduce the total of my vow to 329 points and edit it to say as follows

one Master of Sanctity with power axe, bolt pistol, jump pack, terminator honours, krak grenades and one Master of Sanctity with master-crafted powerfist, bolt pistol, terminator honours

And now for photos

Before

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-21212839.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-21212854.jpg

After

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-26044014.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-26044043.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-26044204.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-26044324.jpg

I feel I must atone for my loss of points so

“I Nards08 answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Predator Destructor with sponson heavy bolters and dozer blade from Codex: Black Templars of total value of 115 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

OK Nards, the points change has been taken into account - as is your new vow. You sure raise the stakes - going for a sixth vow this late in the ETL... All I can say is: Good luck! :)

Never fear Captain. I would never make a vow that I wasn't 100% sure I can complete. Stay strong brothers. Lets raise that completion rate to as close to 100% as possible!

those are incredibly kick ass models, what did you do the black? is it washed with something?

thanks, and now to try to answer ^_^

first I start with strait up chaos black (yes, i have not yet changed to the new colours).

then i highlight all the raised areas with strait up skull white. this looks a bit wrong, but do not worry about that as it hels to make the later "black" look black.

after that i place a small drop of white on the armour plate that needs to be worked on, a moist (not wet and not dry) brush and start to work the drop of white til it gets real thin (not watery, if it gets watery it either needs more paint or a restart, which is easy: just whipe your finger over it and it removes the paint), when the paint drop is broken all you need to do is to place it all over the place (not into the crevises (sp?)).

if there is too much paint or some large fragments of picment then just "push" them out on the white lines (so then they serve as a help there as well :) )

it's much easier done than said, but requires a small amount of practise :) the tricky part is to get the right amount of white in the layer, too much and it will look too white and not enough and you wont see it at all :)

hope that explained it well enough :)

warning: those white lines are easy but takes a lot of time to paint :)

My first Vow is completed brothers.

Although I seem not to have included crusader seals formy crusaders in my vow post(which they have) so 1st vow is 1016pts.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC08440.jpg

I'll post better pics of this lot on my WIP revival thread and on my painted blod typr thing under our sacred sub forum. Maybe a day or two. I'm some what tired. I've actual made it to work now for 3 full weeks with no time off, lol. :P

For my 2nd vow, I haveth the following.

Terminator MOS Chaplin.

Pair LC

tele homer(represented by the skull with laurel crown on top of torso section)

Adman mantle

10 CC Terminators

5 shooty Terminators

2 cyclone missile

4 chainfists

crusader seals.

landraider

TL lassconnons

HBolter

HK missile

storm bolter

smokes

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC08441.jpg

I believe thats 1163 pts of more templary goodness.

Fear not brothers I shall not falter, may my GW brushes fall apart way before they should, they will be replaced by .... more cheap(as in cheaply manufactured) ass GW brushes that fall apart and fray far to easily.

Got to say while posting this, awesome job by everyone here. Lets keep it up.

then i highlight all the raised areas with strait up skull white. this looks a bit wrong, but do not worry about that as it hels to make the later "black" look black.

after that i place a small drop of white on the armour plate that needs to be worked on, a moist (not wet and not dry) brush and start to work the drop of white til it gets real thin (not watery, if it gets watery it either needs more paint or a restart, which is easy: just whipe your finger over it and it removes the paint), when the paint drop is broken all you need to do is to place it all over the place (not into the crevises (sp?)).

So...its black then highlight white on some areas then a thin white wash and then another white highlight?

Everyone's contributions are really exceptional. All of the posts in this thread are inspiring and all of the comments are so motivating. Great work, everyone. I vow that my involvement next time will count.

@Nards- I love that you took one of the most beloved DA character models and made it Templar... of course, that's what they get for the Ophidian Gulf.

@Eberious- Great looking models. I totally dig the weathing on your vehicles. Can you provide close-ups? And, wow, that's a ton of points completed in one go.

@Ryld- really nice headswap- make it look like a whole new model.

And on top of what the Confessor said, let me add that you guys surpassed the 20k mark worth of completions and you still maintain a 6k difference to the DAs (despite the latter's significant comeback efforts). So you can be proud not only of the high quality of your output (as if this is not enough) but also your team work and tenacity. Bravo!

Table updated to this point.

So...its black then highlight white on some areas then a thin white wash and then another white highlight?

more or less, its first a highlight of the "edges" and then a "thined down highlight" of the "flat surfaces" :tu: way easier done than said :)

Try it out on a spare marine and you will see :) (or im too drunk right now, just got home from the city... but have thought it over enough to know it to be right as im not a natural english speaking person)

you might need a bit of ekstra white on the "flat surfaces" though if it turns out to not be enough, but you can't see that till your done :)

Thank you so much, I think I got it (in theory), I'll see what happens next week after I finish my termies..

So does this mean we got past 50% completion rate? go templars, crush the opposition..

Those are some awesome completions.

Eberious, while the size of your vow is impressive alone, what is even more impressive is the outstanding QUALITY of each model. Your whole force looks great. Id love to see some close ups of each unit once you get your thread up and running.

Ryld, now THAT'S how Helbrecht should look! Great job

If I could direct a question to Captain Semper, how far would we have to go to represent an adamantine mantle? Im planning on vowing my Marshal soon. The model I'm using has a heavy ornate cloak with layers of fabric, fur and chainmail material. Is this enough of a representation?

Brothers I finally completed my first vow:

med_gallery_11456_6040_90135.jpg

I waited a long time for the Acylic bases to arrive, of course the samples arrived, when I started basing the old way. :)

They are perhaps the first models I painted in 8-10 years. You can easly see which of them I started with. You can also see my various degrees of sucess wiht Green Stuff application on the Templar Crosses and the Crux terminatus. I think the pictures are to small to see the small Sycthes I modeled on the chest aorund the Skull.

I already had an Apothecary painted in classic white, but I love apothecaries so much I thought painting another one, this time in the black pattern you sometimes see for Templars.

THe Vet.Sgt. is no Templar as you can see (although played after Black Templar Rules from the codex) he is the Death Spectres liaison-officer in my Ghoul Stars Continuation Crusade to help coordinate the operations of this two chapters trying to secure the Ghoul Stars with totally different approaches.

My Crusade just uses modified Mk.II Plasma guns, that include additonal Heat reduction system in the armour (only rear view) including Mk.8 armour and extra Cermite Armour on the shoulder pads.

So I will go straight for the next vow:

I DarkScipio answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Dreadnought (Venerable, Lasercannons, Misslelauncher, add. Armour) from Codex: Black Templars of total value 160 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

Before picture already posted some pages before:

med_gallery_11456_6040_1269742.jpg

I am very exited, becaus I bought the Dreadnought perhaps 7 years ago cheap on eBay and never found the time to repaint it.

Eberious: Fantastic success. I love your painting.

I, The Ginger Avenger, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a 5-man Assault Marine squad with power fist, storm shield and two plasma pistols from Codex: Black Templars of total value 138 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to th Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end...

med_gallery_66648_7285_298438.jpg

I suspect this will be my last vow, although I may still pull something else out the hat. We shall see...

Excellent job Dark Scipio! There are some very cool fluff ideas in your crusade.

THe Vet.Sgt. is no Templar as you can see (although played after Black Templar Rules from the codex) he is the Death Spectres liaison-officer in my Ghoul Stars Continuation Crusade to help coordinate the operations of this two chapters trying to secure the Ghoul Stars with totally different approaches.

Pure win.

@Ryld: That head swap really makes a huge difference in the figure for me and you did a marvelous job on the gold. Well done!

Onwards Brothers!

Those are some awesome completions.

Eberious, while the size of your vow is impressive alone, what is even more impressive is the outstanding QUALITY of each model. Your whole force looks great. Id love to see some close ups of each unit once you get your thread up and running.

Thanks very much, and my threads are already up and running, for some time. :P

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...t=0&start=0

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...t=0&start=0

@Captain Semper: That adjustment to my Assault Initiate vow, the cost is 12 points higher than what I had said initially.

I'd said: 226

It should be: 238

Brothers, Thank you for your support to my family's situation. In return I present to you...

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

Seventh Vow Completed

http://i.imgur.com/s2c9M.jpg

Before and after images all in the same Albums below:

Crusader Album here

Command Squad Album here

Brothers, In the closing days of this Crusade I say to you that we can not underestimate those who seek to misplace us as the champions.

And so...

I Brother Darklight answer the challenge of the Unforgiven for the eighth and final time, and vow to complete the rest of my unpainted Crusade from Codex: Black Templar of total value 1025 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templar and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

The force contains:

High Marshal Helbrecht

a Land Raider Crusader

a Vindicator w/ Dozer Blade

a Rhino

a Dreadnought with twinlinked Lascannons, a Dreadnought fist, and a heavy flamer

a Marshal with a power weapon, a storm bolter, an Iron Halo and a Holy Orb of Antioch

and a Marshal with a pair of Lightning Claws and an Iron Halo

Before pics

Have faith, Brothers!

Vow 7 Complete brothers!

1 venerable old Predator pushed back into service to destroy the foes of man.

Before

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-28214446.jpg

After

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-07-29013512.jpg

Brother Darklight your presence here has honored us all! Paint swiftly my friend.

I planned a Mortis Contemptor for one of my next vows, however Forgeworld sent me a wrong weapon option, son isntead of 2 Kheres I now got 1 Kheres and 1 linked Bolter, Can I finish it this way and count it as a Kheres armes Mortis Contemptor?

Archived