+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

ok all, I have a night of it and two days off, so let us see how many of my many stripped crusaders I can get to three color minimum over the next two days;

“I ChaplainCliff answer the challenge of the Unforgiven for the 9th time and vow to complete one 5-man crusader squad with las cannon and plasma gun from Codex: Black Templars of total value 101 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

You guys never seize to amaze me. Not only you have tons of completions but your work is generally at a very high skill level!

Indeed! Such amounts, such speed, such quality... I keep going back and forth between pride at my battle-brothers and shame due to the lack of all three for my own efforts.

I don't make for a very worthy Templar :P

Nonsense, Brother! We all started as Neophytes. Simply trust in the wisdom and experience of your Battle Brothers. Learn from them. Practice. Soon, others will look up to your efforts in the same esteem!

Edit: OOOH right, I have that vow to finish... I'll be back shortly Brothers!

DO. NOT. MESS. WITH. MY. FREAKING. HEART. LIKE. THAT!

Brothers! I am not surprised, but I am amazed and astounded at the vows turned in just this past day or so. Brilliant, just brilliant!

Someone really ought to make a movie about this. Yesterday, I went back and read all the ETL threads for all the forums (the wolves were rather humorous) and it borders on the incredulous what has been accomplished by the Templars. All of us, together as Brother Darklight pointed out.

WE ARE TEMPLARS!

Certainly the Templars are the Emperor's Champions, we'll see on the 15th if the lesser chapters dare to give a fight, until then..FORWARD, LEAVE NO ENEMY LEFT UNBROKEN!

IN NOMINE IMPERATOR, HUMANITATEM REX!

FORWARD!

Table updated to this point.

Eberious, this are great Marshals there! Good luck with your next vow but be careful of the big statements.

... I shall feel the shame of failure for my entire stay on the Bolter & chainsword, not just the years end.

I take it that you will be wearing the badge of shame for ever then? Should you fail that is... ^_^

DO. NOT. MESS. WITH. MY. FREAKING. HEART. LIKE. THAT!

Haha, I couldn't resist Brother. As an apology to you, Brother Honda...

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

Tenth, and Final Vow Completed

http://i.imgur.com/UEkvu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KewvTh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hvgVnh.jpg

Album, as always, here!

Well congratulations for this fantastic feat. Only you and Nards08 have managed this so far out of the entire ETL, and it seems to me that if a third participant emerges, he would also be a Templar!

Since I'm at it: Table updated!

Table updated to this point.

Eberious, this are great Marshals there! Good luck with your next vow but be careful of the big statements.

... I shall feel the shame of failure for my entire stay on the Bolter & chainsword, not just the years end.

I take it that you will be wearing the badge of shame for ever then? Should you fail that is... :D

Thanks very much and, aye that I will...IF I fail. Which at this point is unlikley as I've pretty much got about 5hrs work left on the tank. Inbetween fixing the garden gate which will take a while as have to go to a hardware store to get stuffs and bed early tonight as out early all day tomorrow, so I any free time will be spent painting. So probably no command and conquer red alert for me today. :D

A humble 3rd vow:

“I Brother Cristopher answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Vindicator with PoTMsS, Extra Armour and HK Missile from Codex: Black Templars of total value 175 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Before pictures of my scratch build Vindicator. PoTMS is represented by the different LR-like shape of the tank and it has EA - a lot of it in fact - because it's bigger. Hope that is sufficient to accept the vindi as having the chosen upgrades.

Hmm, I've got 3476 points vowed...I could break 3500... How long would it take me to build and paint a Drop Pod, I wonder? :tu:

A few hours I reckon :D Go for it if you feel 'real life' won't get in your way, otherwise don't risk failing a vow. I'm hoping to paint a Chaplain in a short period of time, but I'm also stuck with my Vindicator and don't know what reality as in store for me... I'm not fit for a lot of painting any more - 3h of painting non-stop ruined my spine ;)

Hmm, I've got 3476 points vowed...I could break 3500... How long would it take me to build and paint a Drop Pod, I wonder? :tu:

You can glue and see if you have time to paint it, then make a vow if you have time ;)

I take it that you will be wearing the badge of shame for ever then? Should you fail that is

The "F" word is not in the Templar dictionary.

Ahem, Brother Darklight...

1. Take pictures

2. Build the drop pod

3. Paint it

4. Then make a new vow

DO NOT RISK YOUR MANY ACCOMPLISHMENTS!

We have this. A day ago I was looking through all the other ETL threads from the other forums. The rest have given up. The Wolves are all focused on their drunken challenges. Keep steady the course. ONLY COMMIT TO WHAT YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU CAN DELIVER. There is confidence and there is foolishness. Know the difference. Remember, this effort is for the honor of our chapter.

We do not go out in a blaze of glory. We make the other guy die in a blaze of righteousness.

Brothers, my apologies once again for being unable to lend weight behind this glorious crusade. I had hoped to contribute so much more <_< . my trials of late have been both great and many. My free time has been assaulted from every quarter and whittled down into non existance. Nurgle, the plague father himself has assailed me and struck me down with his foul afflictions. The apothecaries have plied their craft and I shall thankfully recover though.

Thanks to some late nights and stretched hours though, I am glad to report for the fourth time

VOW COMPLETE!

I present Chaplain Grievus, The right arm of fighting company Veyross

In my foolishness I seem to have forgotten to take a proper before picture. Luckily for me though, Grievus snuck into the background of another picture

Before (xenos purging pending):

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Dean_Pappas/26th%20Tau%20Tactical%20Interdiction%20Cadre/chaplainwip.jpg

After:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Dean_Pappas/Fighting%20company%20Veyross/2012-08-15004718.jpg

You have done us all proud brothers. Your efforts have put my meager contributions to shame. May your zeal shine across the stars as brightly as it has here, long after this crusade has taken its place amongst the tomes of history

Hello,

i vowed Emperors Champion, Assault squad -5 initiates (melta bombs, pf, 2-plasma pistol), 7x Crusader squad (5 bolters 2bp&cc, frags, missle launcher, plasma gun), Rhino (smoke launchers)-445

here is wip photos:

gallery_62076_7388_14675.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_30642.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_28526.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_118706.jpg

Here is the result:

gallery_62076_7388_56078.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_47563.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_34886.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_7768.jpg

Also due to some troubles with bitz i wasnt able to add frags to crusaders, and had overestimated my squad quantity,so if it is possible can you please edit to 5x Crusader squad (5 bolters , frags, missle launcher, plasma gun),and drop the value of the vow to 406.

Sorry for inconvenience just kinda ill atm((

P.S. if it isnt possible to edit vows will try to sort shortage tomorrow somehow

@ Brother Christofer: You vow is accepted - good luck... You only have a little more 24hrs!

@ Brother Ulkesh: Your status is updated! Well done!

@ Brother Darklight: Are you a gambling man? I'd rather you painted an iPod! <_< Seriously - you want to up the stakes, go right ahead! The time of judgement approaches! Mwahahahaha!!!

@ Marshal Veyross: I was looking at the power effect on the fist and it looks so cool, it dawned to me: I'd really would like to see your take on Night Lords. Seriously, start with a test model - and then the new boxed set would be an excellent way to start. Consider it! Beutiful mini btw.. Your status is updated.

@ Larden: No prob - everything's fixed. Congratulations for completing and get well soon! :P

NOW GUYS DO CHECK THE TABLES - MAKE SURE YOU'RE OK WITH WHAT YOU SEE!

@Marshal Veyross: That model looks great. By far one of my favorite chaplain models. I love the way you did the powerfist. Do you have any pictures of the back side so I could see how the effect wraps around? I might have to steal that idea for my own Master of Sanctity.

@Marshal Veyross: That model looks great. By far one of my favorite chaplain models. I love the way you did the powerfist. Do you have any pictures of the back side so I could see how the effect wraps around? I might have to steal that idea for my own Master of Sanctity.

I had to do that three times so that you'd know that I liked what you did more than Nards...hmm, now I see Nards has edited his post. Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time I was a fool.

Well done, Brother Larden!

Cheers,

5th and final vow completed. Have to say the dedication from my fellow battle brothers has been immense and we certainly have accomplished a hefty amount of painted Templars. For me its been an intense painting challange as never have I painted so much all in one go with any building inbetween(not counting helmet replacements and adding some BT bling to my tanks). So I'm looking foward to returning to my forge and making my next project. My own spartan tank, for what I have planned in my head, tis going to be a beast.

For now, here is predator annihilator Tritus.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC08488.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC08490.jpg

It appears a little darker than it actualy is in RL.

Archived