What is your craft?

My craft is death.

What is your pledge?

My pledge is eternal service.

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

Third vow completed

http://i.imgur.com/HHtID.jpg

Gallery Here!

QUOTE (Arthanor @ May 28 2012, 03:03 PM)

It seems to me like vowing small amounts is the clever thing to do. What's the point of vowing lots and potentially failing by one marine when you could have vowed little and renewed when able to paint more? The end result is the same yet with small incremental vows you can stop if something comes up. Big vows are just setting yourself up for a fail.

This is my strategy. I've pledged 400pts worth to start with, & I have around another 600pts primed/unbuilt/boxed to add bit by bit as I finish each vow. I will also have a couple more months "hobby-budget" to plow into something else, but I won't be over-stretching myself & invalidating the work I've already put in.

This is my strategy as well, measured increments that build on each other until victory is achieved.

@Brother Darklight: You are truly an inspiration and I love your Marshal. I shall be adding one of those in a vow before too long as well. Well done!

TEMPLARS UNITE!

Thanks Honda. I'm quite proud of all of my submissions up until now. Let's see if I can keep this spree going...

On that note...

Four always was my lucky number

“I Brother Darklight zealously answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 - 9 man Assault Initiate Squad w/ 2x Plasma pistols, 1x Combat Shield, 1x Power Fist from Codex: Black Templar of total value 226 points on or before August 15 (Ha!). Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templar and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Before:

http://i.imgur.com/mX9kd.jpg

Yeah, I know, 3 of em have Meltabombs, unfortunately the rest of em don't so we'll just pretend those aren't there ;)

Emperor's Champion indeed! Congrats Brother Darklight! Your are a beacon to the rest of your (less zealous?) brothers!

@ the rest of the BTs: Now remember, the Emperor's Champ...ermm Brother Darklight cannot win this single handedly!He will require some support - bring on the Crusaders!!!

Haha! Such high praise, Brothers. Many thanks!

This challenge came at a very opportune time for me, to be honest. Things cleared up (RL problems and such) which, until recently, never gave me time to paint. I've had enough models on bases and such to play games but I never even had any energy left to paint.

Many thanks to Captain Semper, and his Brothers for posing this painting challenge, since it's thrown so much more motivation into my painting.

And I've still got so much more left to paint!

Brother Captain Semper,

A question if you will. You know us BT are doing an in house painting challenge and I figured I would ask if I can submit my BT painting challenge sumbission in part with this challenge. I know the question was asked before but rather do and then suffer pentance for my subterfuge, which is highly un-BT like, I am asking for permission to do so. I have finally finished doing the modeling on the chaplain dreadnought and supplied them with a base coat along with my LRC for the E Tenebrae Lux challenge.

Let me know if this is exceptable or not.

Brother Captain Semper,

A question if you will. You know us BT are doing an in house painting challenge and I figured I would ask if I can submit my BT painting challenge sumbission in part with this challenge. I know the question was asked before but rather do and then suffer pentance for my subterfuge, which is highly un-BT like, I am asking for permission to do so. I have finally finished doing the modeling on the chaplain dreadnought and supplied them with a base coat along with my LRC for the E Tenebrae Lux challenge.

Let me know if this is exceptable or not.

You're right, this has come up before. This was my answer then:

So as long as your entry complies with ETL rules and you start work on it after you placed your vow here I don't mind if you enter the same entry in your in-house competition as well.

And is still my answer now! ;)

Look forward for your vow! Good luck!

New Updated Vow! No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

I, Tolek, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Land Raider Crusader/265 pts from Codex: Black Templars, 1 Chaplain Dreadnought w/ 2x DCCW a storm bolter and heavy flamer/200 pts from Imperial Armour Apocalypse, 1 Dreadnought w/ Assault Cannon and DCCW and heavy flammer/115 pts from Codex: Black Templar and 2x Land Speeder Typhoon's/140 pts from codex: Black Templars, a total value of 720 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

I Commendator Arn answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Master of Sanctity in terminator armour, armed with crozius arcanum and stormbolter from Codex: Black Templars of total value 140pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

I bear sad news for you brothers. You thought just because Brother Darklight went into a painting spree that your sins are absolved... Fact is you a lagging behind. The BAs are now solidly ahead of you both in terms of vows and in terms of points... To give you an indication, here's how things look atm:

DAs 37, 20k

C:SM 32 16.2k

BAs 32, 15.7k

BTs 25, 12.3k

SW 21, 17.1k (!)

So you get the picture... I hear that you accept any challenge no matter the odds. Hmmmm.. It appears you letting this one go.

@ Tolek: table is updated with your vow. - Good luck! :P

@ Commendator Arn: your vow's updated too - Welcome and good luck!

Perhaps it's worth noting how many points each subforum has achieved?

At a glance, I'd say the Templar have the highest completion rate... We accept any challenge, and it would seem we're better at completing them than the other chapters :)

Brothers! I encourage you, not to vow more points but to complete the vows you have standing! We can put the pressure on by actually finishing what we start. Our Battle cousins wish to intimidate us with promises of greater accomplishments. But who's to say they'll do it? They all have the taint of the psyker among their ranks! They will try to discourage us with their mind games! Abhor the Witch! Gather your chainsw-- uh, paintbrushes! We have a formal challenge ahead of us and we WILL show them who they've made the unfortunate choice of challenging. August is still a long way off, and a lot can happen, but remember that we are Battle Brothers. We cannot seize victory without teamwork! Pushing out completed vows earlier will put the pressure on our Cousins! We must show them that we have No Pity for those who stand against us, and those who wish to slow our cause. we have No Remorse for the actions that we do for we know the Emperor's guiding hand proves us right. Above all we have NO FEAR because we are Space Marines! Fear Incarnate! And as so we Accept Any Challenge, no matter the odds! For Sigismund!! For The Emperor!!!

tl;dr version: NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR! FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

Perhaps it's worth noting how many points each subforum has achieved?

Too early.

At a glance, I'd say the Templar have the highest completion rate... We accept any challenge, and it would seem we're better at completing them than the other chapters :P

Really do not get any false hopes that at this stage you can draw any meaningful conclusions. In fact your base assumption should be a similar completion rate accross the board. Remember do not underestimate your opponents. You're dealing with BAs - twice LPC Champions and DAs this year's LPC Champions that won with a landslide victory... Not to mention the Wolves that have gone crazy (what else is new :cuss ) or the silent (or not so silent :D) C:SM guys that methodically climbed to second position both in terms of points and vows pledged...

Brothers! I encourage you, not to vow more points but to complete the vows you have standing! We can put the pressure on by actually finishing what we start.

Hmmm.... Finishing and re-vowing is certainly a strategy that is worth persuing. But keep in mind (as is always the case) numbers tip the balance! So I agree with you that small manageable first vows is a good thing, but a small number of total vows is not. Bring more new brothers in, and do it fast. Size of vow is secondary consideration at this stage. REMEMBER: After June 15th the teams are set and no new entrant will be allowed.

Our Battle cousins wish to intimidate us with promises of greater accomplishments. But who's to say they'll do it?

Who's to say they won't? :P

They will try to discourage us with their mind games! Abhor the Witch! Gather your chainsw-- uh, paintbrushes!

While not a Witch personally :P , my intention is to encourage you to get as many new recruits as possible. In the DA forum I'm known as the Master of Recruits. Is there anyone in this forum that deserves a similar title? Brother Darklight maybe? It'll take more than leading by example, you'll have to actually get out there and increase awareness... Make no mistake - things do not look too bright for you guys right now! But it's reversable!

We have a formal challenge ahead of us and we WILL show them who they've made the unfortunate choice of challenging. August is still a long way off, and a lot can happen, but remember that we are Battle Brothers. We cannot seize victory without teamwork! Pushing out completed vows earlier will put the pressure on our Cousins! We must show them that we have No Pity for those who stand against us, and those who wish to slow our cause. we have No Remorse for the actions that we do for we know the Emperor's guiding hand proves us right. Above all we have NO FEAR because we are Space Marines! Fear Incarnate! And as so we Accept Any Challenge, no matter the odds! For Sigismund!! For The Emperor!!!

That's the spirit. B) Bring more people in and you can deal with whatever the other forums can throw at you! Stay few and you have a huge handicap!

Who's to say they won't?

Shh. I'm inspiring my Brothers ;)

While not a Witch personally , my intention is to encourage you to get as many new recruits as possible.

Wasn't implying you in particular are a witch, Captain ;) Was more or less making a point about the others claiming more points than us and that we shouldn't get discouraged from it. The Witch thing just kinda fit the bill for head-game purposes. That and we just plain don't like witches ;)

In the DA forum I'm known as the Master of Recruits. Is there anyone in this forum that deserves a similar title? Brother Darklight maybe?

To be honest, I'm not sure we do. I know there's a few guys on here that are highly regarded as the 'go-to-guys' for anything Templar related, but as far as titles like that go... I have no idea.

Master of Recruits? only the lesser chapters have the need for such bureaucracy, each templar is a master of its recruit and each Marshall is responsible for the induction of new neophytes..

Master of Recruits? only the lesser chapters have the need for such bureaucracy, each templar is a master of its recruit and each Marshall is responsible for the induction of new neophytes..

Must have something to do with the term human shield i reckon...

If all is failing I could add another 100 TDA with seals and special weapons, but boy that would give "speed painting" another meaning... lets see if others come along first!!

"WHERE ARE YOU BROTHERS??? WE ARE DYING!!!"

For Sigismund...

First vow complete!

gallery_40963_7177_707366.jpg

I, Civsmitty, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete the Emperor's Champion with the Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Cost vow from Codex: Black Templar, for a total value 140 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templar and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Initial picture, second Vow

gallery_40963_7177_589625.jpg

Emperor's Champion of the Helios Crusade

Archived