+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Captain Semper - I am almost right around the corner from you!! Probably the closest I will ever be unless we meet at a tourney. I am on holiday, on the French Riviera...I know not that close, but by American standards it is close ;)

Let me know if we need more #'s/pts per vow because I have a bunch of boxes hanging around at home I can crack and start working on ;) plus I have an awesome Titan with fluff story I am working on if need be...only if we are desperate as I don't think I want to do a rush job on him.

PS - tolek and chaplincliff I am jealous those are some amazing looking units you guys have been cranking out!! Your attention to detail and skills with a brush are admirable! I hope mine come out as good.

hart

Captain Semper - I am almost right around the corner from you!! Probably the closest I will ever be unless we meet at a tourney. I am on holiday, on the French Riviera...I know not that close, but by American standards it is close :)

Riviera? You %$^&* You're making me jealous!!! Let me tell you, there is nothing further apart than Athens and Riviera - and i'm not talking miles here! :devil:

Let me know if we need more #'s/pts per vow because I have a bunch of boxes hanging around at home I can crack and start working on :) plus I have an awesome Titan with fluff story I am working on if need be...only if we are desperate as I don't think I want to do a rush job on him.

In terms of pts/vow the BTs are lagging at 443 currently vs. and average of the whole ETL of 549. However this is not the primary concern for you guys right now. An extra vow can be pledged at any point to raise the average. The crucial thing is to get NEW vows in i.e. new participants! Numbers do count and after the 15th there will be no new entrants!!! So BTs, do you have what it takes? C'mon - you're supposed to be the most numerous Chapter! ;)

It is now 1 AM but heresy never sleeps so neither shall we.

Something miraculous has happened. Despite having proven my title as the worlds SLOWEST painter several times over, the first two parts of my vow have been finished (thanks to many late nights and countless hours hunched over beneath a lamp light).

Things aren't looking so great for the Templars at the moment. By my count we are just shy of 50 participants for our in house painting challenge but have barely half that number here :tu: Looks like a few of our brothers are all painted out. None the less, we fight on!

Following in the path of the most honoured brothers Darklight, Civsmitty, Tolek and chaplain cliff, I would like to submit the first parts of my vow

Sword brethren terminator squad "Hammer of Dorn"

Before:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Dean_Pappas/Fighting%20company%20Veyross/2012-05-29182927.jpg

After:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Dean_Pappas/Fighting%20company%20Veyross/2012-06-08001700.jpg

Castellan "name goes here"

Before:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Dean_Pappas/Fighting%20company%20Veyross/2012-05-29183045.jpg

After:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Dean_Pappas/Fighting%20company%20Veyross/2012-06-08001839_1.jpg

Land raider to follow soon.

συγνώμη brother darklight, but may I be a tool and make an alteration to my vow? I have removed the veteran skills points cost from my vow but also realised while preparing my old metal land raider to be restored, that it had a hunter killer missile attachment that I hadn't listed. This would remove 15 points from the terminator squad but add 15 points to the land raider. This leaves my vow at 625 points but just with some changes in the description :)

Σας ευχαριστώ

C'mon - you're supposed to be the most numerous Chapter! :P

Enough Semper! i don't know where you get your facts from but of course we would never go above the limits placed upon us i mean how would we even beat the stringent checks and controls that are in place to stop such a thing?

However your rabble rousing has sufficiently irritated me enough to pledge so...

"I, Marshal Hadrarius, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and make a vow to complete a Dreadnought armed with an assault cannon and heavy flamer with smoke launchers from Codex: Black Templars for a total value of 118 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Edit: "Before Pic"

gallery_45568_7509_740294.jpg

Hail Brothers,

I have come to add my humble pledge in order to swell the ranks of the righteous.

"I, Shades93, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and make a vow to complete a Crusader squad of 10 initiates, one with a powerfist and one with a meltagun; One venerable dreadnought with a lascannon and DCCW; And One Vindicator with smoke launchers, storm bolter and hunter killer, from Codex: Black Templars for a total value of 483 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end."

I will not be able to update you on my progress, or indeed post my "before" pictures until the 28th of june as I am moving house and will not have internet connection for some time. I shall not be idle in this time however! :D

Imperator vult!

JFYI Italy(Rome) and Greece are next years plan!! May have to meet you for a game :)

That'll be great! Let me know when/if you're coming over - we should definetely meet!

It is now 1 AM but heresy never sleeps so neither shall we.

Correct!

Things aren't looking so great for the Templars at the moment. By my count we are just shy of 50 participants for our in house painting challenge but have barely half that number here :( Looks like a few of our brothers are all painted out. None the less, we fight on!

Mostly correct. In fact you now have 30 participants already! So things CAN improve guys - you're doing great!!!

Following in the path of the most honoured brothers Darklight, Civsmitty, Tolek and chaplain cliff, I would like to submit the first parts of my vow

*super amazing pics follow*

:D This is top notch stuff Marshall! Really, some of the crispest, tidiest minis I've seen! Amazing stuff!!! You are an inspiration not only to BTs but I beleive everybody! Did I say I like them?

συγνώμη Captain Semper, but may I be a tool and make an alteration to my vow? I have removed the veteran skills points cost from my vow but also realised while preparing my old metal land raider to be restored, that it had a hunter killer missile attachment that I hadn't listed. This would remove 15 points from the terminator squad but add 15 points to the land raider. This leaves my vow at 625 points but just with some changes in the description ;)

Σας ευχαριστώ

Apart from the correction (which your excellent effort in Greek made me forget immediately - kudos) I don't think I will change your vow... since the points add up to the same amount your clarification here is more than enough. Carry on brother of the black & white kind.

Enough Semper! i don't know where you get your facts from but of course we would never go above the limits placed upon us i mean how would we even beat the stringent checks and controls that are in place to stop such a thing?

Yeah they are tough aren't they? Strict. No kidding! It's not as if the First Legion is still a Legion or anything like that!

You know I have a thing for Contemptors? Or Relic Contemptors at that... So do justice to it or it's Ophidium Gulf all over again! :D

Hail Brothers,

I have come to add my humble pledge in order to swell the ranks of the righteous.

Well done! That's the spirit! With your vow you've reached 30 particpants to this point! Keep it up - BTs are still very much into the game!

I will not be able to update you on my progress, or indeed post my "before" pictures until the 28th of june as I am moving house and will not have internet connection for some time. I shall not be idle in this time however! :)

No prob! Take the pics before you start and post them when you rejoin 21st Century!

συγνώμη Captain Semper, but may I be a tool and make an alteration to my vow? I have removed the veteran skills points cost from my vow but also realised while preparing my old metal land raider to be restored, that it had a hunter killer missile attachment that I hadn't listed. This would remove 15 points from the terminator squad but add 15 points to the land raider. This leaves my vow at 625 points but just with some changes in the description :huh:

Σας ευχαριστώ

Apart from the correction (which your excellent effort in Greek made me forget immediately - kudos) I don't think I will change your vow... since the points add up to the same amount your clarification here is more than enough. Carry on brother of the black & white kind.

Ah, well that's embarrassing <_< . Obviously the portion of my brain responsible for banishing taint was still active but the portion responsible for saying the right names was resting.

Thanks for the compliments CAPTAIN SEMPER :P There are a lot of details on each of these models thanks to the forgeworld parts. Unfortunately a lot of it doesnt show in the group pictures :(

C'mon - you're supposed to be the most numerous Chapter! :)

However your rabble rousing has sufficiently irritated me enough to pledge so...

Yeah! Holy Orb of Antioch in the FACE! (not to be considered rude or opposing, just innocent fun!)

Hail Brothers! Forgive my late showing, my strike group was caught in a warp storm. As I regroup allow me to make a small vow with hopefully more to follow.

"I, Nards08, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and make a vow to complete High Marshal Helbrecht from Codex: Black Templars for a total value of 175 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end."

I'm afraid not... You have to vow a legal unit. If for example in a 10 man squad you already have one or two minis painted then I'd be happy to exclude their points value and allow the unit as a legal entry. But painting individual marines is against the core rules of the ETL so such an entry is not allowed. Sorry.

I'm afraid not... You have to vow a legal unit. If for example in a 10 man squad you already have one or two minis painted then I'd be happy to exclude their points value and allow the unit as a legal entry. But painting individual marines is against the core rules of the ETL so such an entry is not allowed. Sorry.

Dont be, I just wanted to know the rules. Lets have a look if I need and have some more Initaites. That would be at least another 11 other Marines, hm....

EDIT: Do I need the HQ to be done, when I want to do a command squad (2 special weapons :tu:).

Ahh. Sorry Brothers, I've been Crusading the last 2 weeks. Was recruited by a Grey Knight Grand Master and together we put a swift end to a wave of Greenskins and an invasion force of Necrons. I'm back now, though. My Assault Brothers should be done in a day or so!

E TENEBRAE LUX – 4th WEEK UPDATE

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/DA_Challenge_Sands_of_Time_Hi_Res.jpg

So now with the 4th Week of the E TENEBRAE LUX behind us we are approaching the crucial point of June 15th. From then onwards no NEW entrants will be allowed. The teams in each forum will be set. No reinforcements will be forthcoming and the brave warriors that took the oath will be on their own until the end on August 15th. So to those of you that are hanging on the balance, make a step forward, reveal yourselves, make the vow and support your brothers that have already committed in this Challenge! Only a few days left… Come Friday the doors will be closed – never to open up again!!!

Another thing to take into account is that no modifications or changes of any kind on existing vows will be allowed after June 15th, no withdrawals and no changing of sides. Those that are in are in for the duration of the Challenge and are liable for their vows. Failure to complete will warrant the Badge of Shame! New vows will allowed provided previous vows are declared complete.

So come Friday the situation would have crystallized, people will know who is on their team and strategies might start to form. There are the fast painters and those that have substantial stash that could add new vows at will. Those that have vast vows that will probably keep them busy to the end of Challenge in mid-August and those that can step in with quick ones to give the edge to their faction!

Also a reminder:

ALL THREE “CODEX: SPACE MARINE” SUB-FORUMS (IA, LA, UM) WILL BE TREATED AS ONE WHERE TOTAL POINTS ARE CONCERNED. IN EFFECT THEY WILL BECOME ONE FACTION FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS CHALLENGE

While the progress of each forum will be monitored individually their total completed points will be added together and this would be the amount of points other forums will have to compete against! Should they win all three forums will have the honor to carry the badge of the Champion!

So here are the 4th Week standings:

E TENEBRAE LUX – WEEK 4
Black Templars 31 39 17,580 451
Blood Angels 39 41 21,187 517
Dark Angels 57 61 31,992 524
Codex Space Marines 43 44 26,594 618
Space Wolves 29 31 20,595 664
Chaos 30 33 12,447 377
Ordos Inquisition 12 15 4,611 307
Total 241 264 135,036 560
Index Astartes 21 22 11,752 534
Liber Astartes 11 11 7,463 678
Ultramarines 11 11 7,379 671

Please note that following the deadline of June 15th the above table will also start to show completed points per faction for easier track record. Until then the amount of completed points will be mentioned in each forum’s individual comment below:

Comments:

The Dark Angels really set new standards this week adding 13(!) new vows and almost 8k points. This puts them firmly in the lead of the Challenge with some clear distance from the second. Completions are still sparse with only 755 points completed so far. However they certainly have the edge right now because the main issue until June 15th is to get new vows in. And the DAs excel in that!

The Wolves also tried to add new vows with some success (+6 on the week) and also increased their completions to 1,380pts. But in the big picture they are in dire straights. With only 29 vows the weight upon those that have committed is too heavy. Their very large vows and monstrous points/vow ratio manage to keep in the game (4th in terms of points pledged) but small vow-count will show its ugly face in the later part of the Challenge. Will they manage to increase participation before the doors close? Or will the few carry the honor of the many on their shoulders? You have enough time to get people in – but you need to move fast. If you manage to get just 10 more people in combined with your legendary high point vows victory will be within your grasp!

Blood Angels are currently among the favorites. Plain and simple. Only third in vows and points and fairly close to the second place they are very well positioned to jump forward as the Challenge gradually matures… But be careful – if you do not maintain a flow of new participants it’ll be very easy to run out of steam come July and then it’ll be almost impossible to reverse the situation. You really need to add as many new entrants as possible before Friday’s deadline so you’ll get more options later on! The BAs managed to complete 1,920 pts so far.

Black Templars have managed to reach 31 participants in total (+5 on the week) but are now in a challenging position. Unless they bring in reinforcements in the form of new vows (at least 10 more), they’ll have to significantly raise their points/vow ratio to above Wolf levels – and that is saying something. Then again accepting challenges is what the BTs do for a living so maybe that’s for the best. :lol: But seriously the more new vows you bring in your chances increase exponentially! Focus on new recruits while there is still time and leave completions for later! On the positive side, the BTs currently sport the highest amount of completions at 2,260pts

Codex Forums continue their proud trajectory to the top! They have the second highest amount of participants, the second highest amount of new additions and the second highest amount of pledged points. They appear to be are doing alright on all fronts, but will it be enough? There is only one Champion and the second best is as good as last! Also the BAs are closing in aggressively so there is certainly no comfort in their position. The last few days may prove enough to topple them from second place unless they secure it by maintaining momentum in terms of new additions. Keep the engines running guys! The only completions so far is 220pts, but at this stage this is of fairly low importance. This week Index Astartes retained the largest contribution to the combined effort with 44% of total points pledged with the other two forums equally contributing 28% each.

Chaos stepped-up its effort in line with the SWs and the BTs retaining similar levels of vows. In terms of points however they are significantly behind, a phenomenon that is attributed to the expectation of the rumored new Chaos Codex. However, if this proves to be false, you guys will be missing out on the opportunity to support the Dark Gods in this challenge for no reason… If on the other hand it proves correct and you have not committed by Friday you will again miss the opportunity to participate – only this time you’ll probably have new fancy minis and huge appetite to start new projects. So play safe, join the ETL with small vows if this is how you feel and you get the option to raise the stakes later! If you’re not in by Friday, you are not in at all! Chaos had some completions already as well to a total of 1,601 pts.

Ordos Inquisition added another participant this week and another renewed vow. Their total completions are a 693pts and they stand defiant in the face of the First Legion! They follow their lonely path to the Emperor’s light and woe to those that will stand in their way! Keep walking guys – you’re making all of us proud! :(

The Mechanicum remains silent.

So the 4th week is over… The total participation has been breathtaking so far and more is yet to happen! Overall there are 241 participants having pledged almost 135k points so far! This is fantastic and very promising for the later parts of the Challenge where competition is expected to climb steeply!!! :P

As we approach the deadline I would appreciate if all participants check that their vows are correctly entered and make sure they make any final adjustments. Recall that after the 15th NO CHANGES IN THE VOWS WILL BE ALLOWED. One can always make new vows ONCE the previous ones are declared complete but no change in the vows will be allowed once it is submitted.

THIS IS THE LAST OPPORTUNITY FOR NEW ENTRANTS! ON FRIDAY THE DOORS WILL BE CLOSED FOR EVER

Good luck to all!

So be it:

“I DarkScipio answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Command squad with a Veteran Sergeant with mastercrafted powerweapon and mastercrafted armour, shield and Plasmapistol, Apothecarius, Champion, Plasmagunner, Laser cannon and Fraggrenades from Codex: Black Templars of total value 245 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Brothers! My fourth vow is complete.

I submit to you a DCML Terminator Squad with a chainfist.

gallery_40963_7177_1989059.jpg

#5....

I, Civsmitty, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and make a vow to complete two Predator Annihilators with sponson-mounted lascannons from Codex: Black Templars for a total value of 290 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Initial WIP Picture

gallery_40963_7335_528364.jpg

@ Dark Scipio: Your vow is in - Good luck! :)

@ civsmitty: Fifth vow? Wow!!! Do you guys actually pass tests on fanatisism before you are allowed to collect a Black Templar army? :o Well done civsmitty! However I need to mention that the stakes increase steeply now. I mean if you fail on your fifth (or subsequent ;) ) vow all previous completions will count for nothing. Your track record is excellent so I'm confident you'll make it - but with five vows already in, I felt compelled to point out the risks! Good luck mate!

Black templar brothers are numerous, they will come. Warp travel it's like the public transport system :P

“I Marshall Dovian answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1x Vindicator, 5x Terminator (3x LC, 2xTH) Codex: Black templar of total value 370pts ? on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Can I also ask / double check if I can use vows from BT painting challenge. If so I would like to add another vindicator and Terminator unit ( 2x Cyc, 3x Chainfists) 435pts ? total 805pts ?.

Black templar brothers are numerous, they will come. Warp travel it's like the public transport system :)

I know, especially around Ophidium Gulf - it takes for ever... ;)

“I Marshall Dovian answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1x Vindicator, 5x Terminator (3x LC, 2xTH) Codex: Black templar of total value 370pts ? on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Can I also ask / double check if I can use vows from BT painting challenge. If so I would like to add another vindicator and Terminator unit ( 2x Cyc, 3x Chainfists) 435pts ? total 805pts ?.

Yes you can use vows that you have pledged in your in-house challenge PROVIDED that the entries comply with ETL rules and you start painting them AFTER you place your vow here.

I'm not updating the table with your vow just yet in case you want to rephrase it (and please remove the question marks - they make me nervous :P :P)

Archived