+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

@ Fullbrook: Look fwd to see your brilliant stuff! Welcome on board! :D

@ Furyou Miko: Sorry to hear that - no need to apologize to anybody for Emperor's sake (or will that be the Dark Gods?)! :D Real life tends to interfere with the hobby always and three months is a long time - things can happen... I hope you still make it - I understand there is a chance of you returning to your painting station by Aug 10 - still time to finish Mr. Schick! :D Hope everything works out with your family emergency.

@ steve shields: I got it! You are a modelling/painting servitor. That explains everything. And a chaos servitor at that! hahahaha! Can we get a better pic on the deamonic possesion? Table updated with your completion and your new vow!

posession ive always represented by the hazard stripes tbh. umm land raider could count as possessed cause of the possessed guy holding the flag. if you dont like the stripes take off the points for the predator. im not gonna glue a bunch of random crap on there for 20 points in a competition haha. stripes = stay away cause theres a demon :devil: i have more obvious possession marks on the vindicators just cause i thought they looked good when i lined the three of them up together so that vow should be good.

I realize that I said that I didn't have anything left to paint to make a second vow in this competition, but the Dark Gods have decreed that there is no excuse for such and have blessed me with more!!

I, Anselm Khestra, called the Unbeheld again rise to lay waste to the challenge of the Dark Angels! Let them cower in their frocks and in their Rock as I arrogantly vow to complete 1x Fallen Rhino with havoc launcher, 1x Word Bearers Rhino with havoc launcher and 1x Word Bearers Defiler with 2x DCCWs totalling 250 points on or before 15Aug2012. Failure is a laughable concept and the remit of cowards and wastrels, and as such will not be spoken of here! Success brings the galaxy one step closer to its inevitable apotheosis in the embrace of the Warp, and sound the clarion of glory for the Fallen Angels and the Word Bearers Legion that will echo through the nightmares of all followers of the Corpse Emperor evermore!

E TENEBRAE LUX – 12th WEEK UPDATE

So Week 12 has drawn to an end. With almost 110k worth of completed points and an increased completion rate of 48.1% vs. 42.5 last week the ETL is now set for its final week! Week 11 was a fairly busy one with more some 15.8k pts completed in total and a sizeable 8.6k pts of new vows added still! This raises the total amount of points pledged in the ETL to an astounding 228k pts! Now this is the last week. THE LAST WEEK. Wrap it up guys – do not do anything to jeopardize your existing work and those that have still outstanding vows (especially those that are in their second or subsequent vow) focus of completing to preserve all your previous effort!

+++EXTEREMELY IMPORTANT STUFF+++

-This is the last weekly update. I will however keep updating the tables until the event’s official conclusion. On August 15th @ 22:00 GMT is the official end of the ETL. Please, PLEASE do not let things run to the last minute if possible. Missing the deadline for a minute will be a big let down and could leave a bitter taste to the participant in question – which will be a pity. Make no mistake I will enforce a strict deadline on the event. Completions reported at 22:01 GMT WILL NOT COUNT. In case of doubt the clock that matters is the B&C clock set to GMT time. (Remember GMT time does not change from winter to summer time so even London has an hour difference to GMT during the summer months).

-Check out the tables to ensure your vows/completions are recorded correctly. I’m willing to examine any objections but that has to be done no later than August 16th. So any objections that have not been voiced by then (the next day of the ETL’s completion) WILL NOT BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT! Needless to say, the earliest one raises an objection the sooner the final report will get out. Which brings us nicely to…

-THE FINAL REPORT!!! This is going to be full of data about the event as a whole, each forum’s performance and of course detailed lists of those that completed or failed to complete their vows. The “Victory Banners” will also be presented and the participants will be able to don the appropriate banner that will also represent the number of their completions.

-For those that failed to fulfill a vow, even if it was the last in a series of successful completions, you should wear the Badge of Shame until year-end (or more if you feel the penitence period should be extended). So behold the Badge of Shame:

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_02_Oathbreaker.jpg

So now for the usual update for Week 12 in more detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX – 12TH WEEK UPDATE
Black Templars 127 48,573 382 28,215 58%
Blood Angels 65 31,973 492 11,451 36%
Dark Angels 97 45,152 465 17,680 39%
Codex Space Marines 58 34,082 588 11,195 33%
Space Wolves 56 36,592 653 20,416 56%
Chaos 60 25,794 430 15,955 62%
Ordos Inquisition 23 6,226 271 4,938 79%
Total 486 228,392 470 109,850 48%
Index Astartes 31 16,695 539 8,355 50%
Liber Astartes 15 9,818 655 1,695 17%
Ultramarines 12 7,569 631 1,145 15%

Comments:

The Dark Angels managed to complete a 1.3k pts but the sad truth is that’s nowhere near enough... They are now in third position with a clear distance not only from the Templars but also the Wolves that are now clearly second. The only thing that can change that, is if the big guns appear. The DAs have a lack (comparably speaking) of the super-vow completions (i.e. vows above 1k pts). Unless these guys show up I can’t see the situation reversing... Let’s face it 38% completion rate in a 50%+ world is just not enough!

The Wolves had their best week todate – even better than Week 11! With 5k pts worth of completions they are now north of 20k in total and firmly second with a clear distance of 2.7k from the Dark Angels. However they are still some 7.8k behind the Templars. This means that not only they need to complete their sizeable new vows (at 2.7k they still added less than the Templars this week) but most importantly get those that have yet to complete their first vows mobilized! Unless they give everything they have (first and subsequent vows) they will not be able to challenge the Templars for top position. All in all Week 12 can be called the Week of the Wolf! Congratulations guys – I have the feeling that more is yet to come!

Blood Angels seem to get some mobilization late in the game. Still they may manage to end better than the Codex forums – especially as interest in the last days seems to be resurfacing. They have completed 1.6pts this week which, although not spectacular, is better than the DAs for example. Again the main objective here should be to get first vows completed rather than risk the pts of those that already have completions in their records. This is it guys – the last week. Make every point count!

Black Templars have not relaxed a single bit – and rightly so it seems, Wolves with the that close behind you. The Templars had the most completions this week exceeding 5.2k pts. With their completion rate approaching 60% and adding the most new vows even in the 11th hour they have a momentum unmatched by any other forum. As the final week starts it seems they are the favorites to win this – and rightly so. They continued delivering sizeable completions throughout the ETL now, it seems, it’s time to collect! Or is it?

Codex Forums seem to be completely out of steam. Despite some declarations of progress no solid results have been coming their way. Although the painting quality is generally of very high standard it seems their completion rate is currently the worse. So is the last position what you guys are shooting for? Because that’s where you’ll be come the 15th UNLESS you start delivering some results. All three sub-forums of your faction had a very silent week, with the UMs saving some of the honor with an, admittedly beautiful, but small vow points-wise. This is the time to rise again and give your rivals a nasty surprise – a last hurrah!

Chaos is fighting the long war here and with more success than Abbadon may I add! They are 4th but with a completion rate of above 60% they can be really proud of themselves! More importantly they are only 1.7k pts behind the DAs! Hmmm… How’s that for a challenge? Regardless the Chaos faction is in a really good shape with some committed individuals still very much in the game – let’s see how this palys out! Remember, if you paint the points, you will win – as simple as that!

Ordos Inquisition have a completion rate of 79%. CAN YOU MAKE IT 80%? This would be an awesome way to show to all who’s the most committed forum!!!

So until the FINAL REPORT, farewell and good luck to all!

Vow Complete!

here is the before picture -note the skulls on the middle on and the horns and symbols on the other two- should be possession worthy

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/246858_10151141296739467_517809231_n.jpg

completed picture

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s720x720/226231_10151141296804467_776039788_n.jpg

and the whole lot of what i painted since june 10th or 15th i forget which

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/428906_10151141296849467_833880066_n.jpg

unfortunately i wont be making another vow as we go out to sea too soon. although i can paint in the server room, i don't know if i would be able to upload the pictures due to unreliable internet. so im not willing to risk being an oath breaker! haha. great competition, and i hope we can pull into 3rd with some last minute completions!!!!

Congratulations steve, this is an awesome force you built for yourself there... Not sit back and watch the ending! :P

Now Chaos has A LOT of unfinished second and subsequent vows... When the time comes all these unfinished vows will have a cascade effect on your total points. So c'mon guys make an extra effort and seal any point leakage that there might be! Deadline is next Wednesday so there is still time!

My second vow is right on schedule. I have yet to get to the Brass Scorpion, but I am almost finished with the Night Lords and all else is done. Tomorrow I plan to break out the compressor and airbrush and get cracking on what will then be the last model.

@ Fasha: good to hear you're on track. I was beginning to wonder... Now about that brass scorpion, if you plan to vow for it, be advised that it is not ETL eligible because it is an Apocalypse-only unit. You can of course paint the model but you will have to "count-as" it as a legal entry from the Codex. And given that we had a similar case already, I'll accept it as a count-as defiler. Yeap, you give up tons of points but 1) you get to paint what you want and 2) you still add to the Chaos cause. PM me if you require anything further.

@ Circus Nurgling: please note that you cannot add to existing vows. You can make new vows once the previous one is declared complete. So I suggest you post the pics of your completed vow and then vow again (if you wish) for the 7 Plague Bearers. Again feel free to PM me if you want to discuss...

my vow is complete, just waiting on a friends camera so as pics will be cleaer. well done to everyone so far though, enjoying the competition even though its almost over :) thanks to captain semper, i actually have a completely painted army ;)

uhm.. a paintbrush like the rest of us? Or perhaps more your speed, a can of krylon can actually get some pretty even results. I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve, but if it's more or less base coat, that's a 3 dollar solution.

Vow complete.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/bloodlife72/100_0345.jpg

Fun competition, though I wish there were a competition for making conversions. Of course chaos would win by a landslide, but with all the conversion projects I have going, it might be fun to make a competition of it.

Wow! what a momentum has Chaos build for itself!

@ leinman: Congratulations for your completion! If the ETL was the reason for you to have a completely painted army, I'm very proud! I'm updating the table on condition you'll post pics before the deadline!

@ Fasha: that's plain bad luck. I hope you recover and still post your completion before the deadline! Quite a few points there!

@ zyl-: This is a great Termie squad with their ride. The color scheme, what is it? Luna Wolves? In any case congratulations on completing such a great looking squad! Also you may want to take a look (or even contribute) in this thread here.

@ Furyou Miko: I KNEW IT! Well done Furyou, despite everything you pulled through! Congratulations and may Mishta Schick lead your troops to countless victories! Hope things are fine on the personal front.

@ Azarias: That was a great surprise - a last minute completion and an LR at that! The praying WB on the altar is a touch of class! Well done! ;)

OK guys, tables updated! Please check everything and lat me now if you have any discrepancies! And leinman: DON'T FORGET THE PICS! ;)

@ Azarias: That was a great surprise - a last minute completion and an LR at that! The praying WB on the altar is a touch of class! Well done! :)

OK guys, tables updated! Please check everything and lat me now if you have any discrepancies! And leinman: DON'T FORGET THE PICS! :P

Don't know if this is premature or not, but it still says "Incomplete" next to my name on the first page?

Steve Shields is undoubtedly the Chosen of the Four...

Much to my despair, we have eighteen initial vows incomplete, many of them featuring as little as a single model!

Isn't there anything my fellow devotees of the Gods can do to spur these few weak slackers onwards to completing their Vows?

In comparison, only three secondary vows, one tertiary and one quandary vow have yet to be completed... still, these few are potentially holding us back from our true domination!

OK first table updated for Azarias completion (well spotted mate - thx) and Khestra's completion.

Now since Fasha is expirience existential issues with his air brush what about Araziel, deamonclaw and odsox? You guys are in subsequent vows and failing to complete will affect your previous completions and earn you the badge of shame - not to mention we are going to be deprived from your excellent work (I hope all of you post your finished vows regardless of the ETL deadline)

Here's proof I've been working on my vow:

http://i.imgur.com/wKAl4.jpg

But there's no way I'm going to finish that vow unfortunately. I've had a lot of medical issues I didn't forsee this last month and it's been impossible for me to get enough painting in.

Archived